LegacyGT.com

New Vendor Here ;o) - Motive Auto Works

Motive Auto Works

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In at Motive today and tomorrow for StopTech rotors, HPS pads, Technafit SS brake lines, wheel bearing, replace damaged steering knuckle, CM FX350, WRX SMFW, and TSK3. Getting ready to go stage 3 in the spring.

Thanks again Motive for taking care of my LGT on jobs that are over my head. Will probably try to do fuel pump, injectors, and turbo swap myself next spring. And then, when I screw it up, I'll call Motive to save me from myself again. ;)

For those keeping score at home, Motive now has a second lift and a new shop manager, Christian. Nice guy btw. Thanks again Motive! My LGT will never go anywhere else.

In at Motive today and tomorrow for StopTech rotors, HPS pads, Technafit SS brake lines, wheel bearing, replace damaged steering knuckle, CM FX350, WRX SMFW, and TSK3. Getting ready to go stage 3 in the spring.

Thanks again Motive for taking care of my LGT on jobs that are over my head. Will probably try to do fuel pump, injectors, and turbo swap myself next spring. And then, when I screw it up, I'll call Motive to save me from myself again. ;)

For those keeping score at home, Motive now has a second lift and a new shop manager, Christian. Nice guy btw. Thanks again Motive! My LGT will never go anywhere else.

Will be interested in your impression of the CM FX350, as I think that will end up being my clutch upgrade when I need it... Let me/us know what you think of it!

I have the FX350 in my car... I've probably had it for +/- 5k miles. I also had the FX300 for about 50k miles.

Pedal feel is really light, not hard to depress all the way to the floor at all. Engaging the clutch in first gear is extremely variable. When the clutch is cold it engages like a stock clutch would. Engagement after about 30 minutes in traffic or city driving starts to become more of a test. On Wednesday with all the World Series traffic and Obama road closures I was in traffic for over an hour and a 45 minutes and the clutch was a real bitch, pedal feel changed and it would chatter almost every time from stop unless you almost launch the car. I can't quite figure it out the best way to drive it when it starts getting hot.

Shifting in all other gears is never a problem, holds power really well.

Generally I think my experience is in line with what other people are saying in this thread: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/clutchmasters-fx300-long-term-reviewsi-169845p4.html

• 1 month later...
Time for a new clutch... was fine last night, started slipping this morning, and now it can barely make it around the block... Didn't realize it would die so quick, not prepared! Hoping Alberto can help me out sometime soon... texted you buddy, help!!! ;)

Time for a new clutch... was fine last night, started slipping this morning, and now it can barely make it around the block... Didn't realize it would die so quick, not prepared! Hoping Alberto can help me out sometime soon... texted you buddy, help!!! ;)

Something is odd about this. Both clutches first slipped in 4th or5th on the highway when being lazy and not down shifting. Do you have fluid in the reservoir? Confused..... I just posted up in the 5th gen area on my CM Fx350.

• I Donated Too

<sigh> there's nothing wrong with your clutch, you just don't know how to drive in the snow. Typical... I kind of knew this about you but I allow you some sympathy only because the 5th gens struggle so much anyway.

Something is odd about this. Both clutches first slipped in 4th or5th on the highway when being lazy and not down shifting. Do you have fluid in the reservoir? Confused..... I just posted up in the 5th gen area on my CM Fx350.

Confused me too... I've had clutches go before, and it's always a much more gradual decline. Which reservoir should I be checking for fluid? What would go in there if I find it, and find it is low?! Thanks in advance for any help!

<sigh> there's nothing wrong with your clutch, you just don't know how to drive in the snow. Typical... I kind of knew this about you but I allow you some sympathy only because the 5th gens struggle so much anyway.

I'm sorry, I should be taking advice from the guy driving a 2.5i?! :lol: No snow yesterday morning... she's been parked since then. :mad:

I'm going to have to throw you under the bus here..

Friends don't let friends stand on the clutch at stop lights:spin: While this is a homicide to your throwout bearing, I don't know if there's any effect on the clutch. You might have other bad habits that are contributing to your clutch wear!

http://i.imgur.com/W8o0SxI.gif

I'm going to have to throw you under the bus here..

Friends don't let friends stand on the clutch at stop lights:spin: While this is a homicide to your throwout bearing, I don't know if there's any effect on the clutch. You might have other bad habits that are contributing to your clutch wear!

Ouch bro, right in the feels! :lol:

But you're right, and ever since that day I've adjusted my stoplight etiquette to avoid this... unless I'm looking for that jump off the line! I'm sure I'm partly (totally) to blame for the wear, but the truth is it has 65k miles on the OEM clutch (20k of which were on various pro-tunes), so it may very well have just been the clutch's time to go... I'm just surprised it went SO fast... basically overnight. Seemed strange to me.

I'm just surprised it went SO fast... basically overnight. Seemed strange to me.

It's because of this that makes me think that it's "wear" that is closer to "something is broken" rather than "it is just worn down". But, I'm not a mechanic - hobbyist or otherwise.

Archived