LegacyGT.com

New Vendor Here ;o) - Motive Auto Works

Motive Auto Works

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am partnered up with NTB so as long as you have other installs to go with it I can take care of that for you :cool:

Just mount/balance right now, so I'll get that done wherever it's cheapest... but I'll be in touch sometime soon with some installs for you! RCE blacks/bilsteins, and maybe a RacerX TMIC, if I can scrownge up the $$$! :rolleyes::spin:

• 3 weeks later...

I have to post an update of the work Alberto did on 05 LGT. I went in for a clutch and downpipe and came out with a 305hp/350LBft monster. Those numbers are at the wheel. Alberto and Bren massaged my LGT to get it producing nice smooth power. So here's my list of mods.

DW 65C - fuel pump

Subaru OEM 06+ WRX Flywheel

Exedy Stage 1 Clutch Kit

Invidia High Flow Catted Down Pipe

Subaru OEM IHI VF52 Turbo Charger

Perrin Up Pipe

Forge ByPassValve

Many thanks to Alberto and Bren. I now have a Subaru mechanic I can trust.

Ross.

I have to post an update of the work Alberto did on 05 LGT. I went in for a clutch and downpipe and came out with a 305hp/350LBft monster. Those numbers are at the wheel. Alberto and Bren massaged my LGT to get it producing nice smooth power. So here's my list of mods.

DW 65C - fuel pump

Subaru OEM 06+ WRX Flywheel

Exedy Stage 1 Clutch Kit

Invidia High Flow Catted Down Pipe

Subaru OEM IHI VF52 Turbo Charger

Perrin Up Pipe

Forge ByPassValve

Many thanks to Alberto and Bren. I now have a Subaru mechanic I can trust.

Ross.

Here's your video btw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKDSaz73akY&feature=youtu.be

-Neil

• 2 weeks later...

HUGE thanks to Alberto for his work today! I think I've turned him off to 5th gens forever, but after a 8.5 hour battle with the rust and corrosion under my car, he was able to swap my TBE with Brooksie84's and I am really grateful! Hopefully he won't ignore my phone calls in the spring when I want him to install my RCEs/Bilsteins and RacerX TMIC! :rolleyes:

Alberto's perseverance and attention to detail are truly impressive and his shop is immaculate! Seriously, anyone in the northeast should take advantage of his expertise... very reasonably priced and insane knowledge/skills! Worth some extra driving to know that your car will be well cared for! You can hang out and watch/help him work, or just kick back with TV/DVDs/XBOX...

Haven't had much of a chance to test out the new power (too much traffic coming home) but I look forward to putting it through the paces and figuring out what to do about the tune (just running Cobb OTS map right now). The sounds are impressive though! Much more noticeable whistle coming from the intake, and the growl from the Invidia TBE is really badass! :wub:

Long day, but well worth it. Thanks again Alberto, for the work, and the learning experience! :cool:

Ok so here are my main concerns with the new design of the LGT

1. Rust/Corrosion:

As you may know the turbo placement on the 5th Gen is directly in front of the headers and just behind the radiator. There are ducts in the front bumper that direct air/salt/sand directly towards the turbo charger - thus causing a serious rusting condition on the turbo coolant lines. This worries me as Patrick's car (2.5 years old) is already showing signs of serious corrosion on the turbo coolant lines (wish I snapped a picture).

Also - the bottom and top front studs/nuts for the exhaust housing of the turbo are also very exposed to harmful rust/corrosion causing elements. On Patrick's car, both studs and nuts had to be forcefully removed/cut off.

2. Aftermarket Installs:

Front sway bar will be more difficult to install than previous generations.

Turbo back 2x-3x more difficult and time consuming to install than previous generations - due to lack of space between welded u-frame/sub-frame and down pipe/catted pipe. Also - both O2 sensors are situated in the down pipe at tricky angles (use caution/correct tools during removal) as opposed to previous generations where O2 sensor can be removed after the pipe has been removed from the car. Note: While it is possible to remove the stock down pipe with O2 sensors still attached, I do not recommend it - risk of damaging O2 sensors.

Turbo situated very close to flush with lowest point of chassis - heavy duty skid plate recommended for rough terrain/lowered suspension

3. Rigidity

My only comment here is on the SINGLE motor mount. LOL! The transmission has two mounts and the engine has one. That's all I'll say about that.

You guys KNOW I LOVE Legacy's - I just wanted to share some things to watch out for on the 5th Gens. :)

I wonder if some of the things that should be easy to change year to year, like the airflow into the engine bay, have been corrected in the later model years. Similar to how 2010's didn't originally have folding mirrors.

Hopeful, anyways....

Ok so here are my main concerns with the new design of the LGT

1. Rust/Corrosion:

As you may know the turbo placement on the 5th Gen is directly in front of the headers and just behind the radiator. There are ducts in the front bumper that direct air/salt/sand directly towards the turbo charger - thus causing a serious rusting condition on the turbo coolant lines. This worries me as Patrick's car (2.5 years old) is already showing signs of serious corrosion on the turbo coolant lines (wish I snapped a picture).

Also - the bottom and top front studs/nuts for the exhaust housing of the turbo are also very exposed to harmful rust/corrosion causing elements. On Patrick's car, both studs and nuts had to be forcefully removed/cut off.

2. Aftermarket Installs:

Front sway bar will be more difficult to install than previous generations.

Turbo back 2x-3x more difficult and time consuming to install than previous generations - due to lack of space between welded u-frame/sub-frame and down pipe/catted pipe. Also - both O2 sensors are situated in the down pipe at tricky angles (use caution/correct tools during removal) as opposed to previous generations where O2 sensor can be removed after the pipe has been removed from the car. Note: While it is possible to remove the stock down pipe with O2 sensors still attached, I do not recommend it - risk of damaging O2 sensors.

Turbo situated very close to flush with lowest point of chassis - heavy duty skid plate recommended for rough terrain/lowered suspension

3. Rigidity

My only comment here is on the SINGLE motor mount. LOL! The transmission has two mounts and the engine has one. That's all I'll say about that.

You guys KNOW I LOVE Legacy's - I just wanted to share some things to watch out for on the 5th Gens. :)

4. They're fugly

Archived