LegacyGT.com

Shooting for 10's on my daily driver

Yeah I've thought about holset, and they are great turbos but they are somewhat hard to find. Especially on short notice

You're looking for a used one? Or only things vendors have in stock..

I'm looking for stuff vendors have in stock. That way I know the part is good and if for some reason it's not it will have a warranty. And I'd like to be in the 65lbs per min or better range. The last turbo was 52lbs per min so I think with the extra air i will be able to break the 11sec barrier.

8k redline in mine, I'm hoping to hear about the turbo ideas from the shop soon. It will either be another amr turbo or some sort of Garrett turbo going in. Not much longer and I should be back on the road with my car. I'm not gonna know how to act having a car again, it's been too long.

8k redline in mine, I'm hoping to hear about the turbo ideas from the shop soon. It will either be another amr turbo or some sort of Garrett turbo going in. Not much longer and I should be back on the road with my car. I'm not gonna know how to act having a car again, it's been too long.

8K? Do I remember something about an engine blowing?

Yup 4 motors down now. Unless you count the one that ran for 30 seconds. But everything is balanced, and nothing but high quality parts. 8k isn't anything too crazy. And it's not like everytime I drive it ill take it to redline.

Well I just got back from Oklahoma for another job interview. So the plan for now is going with a nice 20g turbo that is a direct replacement for that amr. Hopefully the car will be done in a week or so. And since the new job has potential to make me a good amount of money I'm just gonna go with this for now and then after i get settled in at a new location I'm going to build a 10sec motor with a 35r or bigger.

Soon as I start my job in Tennessee I'm goin to send my amr off to get rebuilt and ill put it back on my car in place of the 20g that's going on it for now. And I'll probably sell the 20g. Soon as money starts coming in again I'm going to start compiling parts for the 10 sec motor build

Well most if the motor is ok seeing as it only ran for 30 seconds before being torn down. So it is still a full rebuild just minimal replacement of parts compared to the last time I shot bearing through my motor. But anyways it should be done soon and then come the break in around Arizona, then off to Tennessee. Hopefully this shop is as good as they say and all the reviews are true. I really need this one to hold together for a while