LegacyGT.com

Shooting for 10's on my daily driver

So suggesting options that could be causing issues, and asking what you have done is trolling? Well i know 1 person that will not be helped.

I have taken these motors apart as well as many others.

If you are a pro at doing everything, why tell people about a misfite on 4? Are you expecting people to sympathize or try to help.

Epic waste of time trying to help people like this so this is def my last.

Just an FYI TechWorks makes shimmed buckets for high lobed cams. Maybe you should look into them on your next build.

So suggesting options that could be causing issues, and asking what you have done is trolling? Well i know 1 person that will not be helped.

If you are a pro at doing everything, why tell people about a misfite on 4? Are you expecting people to sympathize or try to help.

Just an FYI TechWorks makes shimmed buckets for high lobed cams. Maybe you should look into them on your next build.

He's simply updating the thread since a lot of people are interested in his build such as myself, not sure if he is asking for help.

After going Stage 2+ IAG block and building my heads, i'm hoping for a reliable 11-12 second car that I can have fun with on the weekends. Shooting for 10's is awesome, but just not in the cards for me money wise. Good luck with the decision. I've always heard outfront closed decks are unbreakable, but i guess its been proven otherwise lol.

Your heading in the right direction. However, I'm already where your going with your build. Best of luck in the future! Here is my car:

Event: Dyno-12-2017 Grandpa’s Toy

Ambient Temp: 76 F

Elevation: 1366 ft

Weather: Sunny

Car: 2005 Legacy GT

Tuner: Travis (Snail Racing) & Tony (M-45 automotive)

Dyno Info: Dyno-Jet, STP correction

Transmission: Durabilt Custom 5EAT billet Automatic

Final Gear Ratio: 4:10

Peak HP at RPM: 26lbs of boost=502whp, 458 ft lbs of tq.- 31lbs of boost=612whp, 537 ft.lbs of tq- 38lbs of boost=735whp, 641 ft.lbs of torque (All of the above power figures occur within the stock powerband of 3500 to 7000rpms)

Baseline: Stock 2013 STi: 220 whp / 237 wtrq

Target Boost: 38 psi tapering to 20 psi

Target AFR: 11.7

Fuel: E85 (85% blend)

Weight: 2935lbs. (target weight is 2600lbs)

Engine/Power Modifications:

Outfront Motorsports V-4-Closed Deck Block ,w,LA Sleeves installed and Grooved for O-Rings.

Process West Intake Manifold

Perrin Heavy Duty Motor & Transmission Mounts

Cosworth HP Oil Pump

Crawford High Pressure water pump

CP 8:4 pistons

DW 2000cc top feed injectors & fuel rail

Radium Engineering Surge Tank

3-Walbro 455 LPH Staged Fuel pumps

Manley Turbo Tuff I-beam rods, pinned

Custom Head work, Porting & valve job and O-Ringed

ARP 1/2" head studs, ARP bolts and studs used throughout the entire motor

Pinned King Bearings

Manley Billet crank all bearings are pinned.

ATI Crank Pulley

All running gear was balanced

Crower 278 cams

Supertech valves and valve springs

Comp Turbo Twin Scroll Turbo-CT4x-6065-3bb unit

M & M Custom 3” Down Pipe w/ Dougs 3” electric collector

M & M Custom 3” Exhaust, Up-Pipe T4 mount, dual dump tubes w/twin 50mm Turbosmart wastegates

ETS Custom 4” Cool Air System (modified by M&M)

TGV Deletes

8mm Phenolic Spacers

ETS FMIC w/ 4" core

PTFE fuel system

CF Oversized Radiator, w/built-in oil cooler

Cobb AP V3 running- Speed Density

Driveline Modifications:

KYB shocks & Struts

Rallytek Springs

Rallytek Sway Bars

AVO End Links

All bushings on car have been replaced with Polyurethane bushings

Wheels & Brakes

EBC Rotors

Subaru Special four piston calipers

Special Compound Hawk Brake Pads

Motul High Temp Brake Fluid

RPF1-Custom Enkei Racing Rims

Toyo Red Dot High Performance Tires

So the question your going to ask is, How fast is it? The truth is it is a constant work in Process. However, being an old drag racer and having a friend who recently bought a dodge demon. We decided to see how the Subaru stacked up against the dodge? After all we couldn't go to the track as I don't have a roll bar and would not be allowed to compete. So he agreed and we found an old country road. All I can say is it was a dead even race and it scared the hell out of both of us. So, once I get the parachute and roll bar installed I will go to the track to set the suspension up. Suffice it to say, this car is very, very quick.

If anyone is building a 400 to 450whp car let me know as I have a lot of premium parts for sale to help you get there?

I never asked for help. And if I did it would be nice to get some information not some guy telling me that my lifters are going out or that my aos is clogged. You offer up generic information that doesn’t bring a conversation anywhere. And all buckets are shimmed fyi. All I was doing was updating my thread for those who do still use the fourms. It’s not like it’s a huge threat losing your “valuable” insight into my build...

Your heading in the right direction. However, I'm already where your going with your build. Best of luck in the future! Here is my car:

Event: Dyno-12-2017 Grandpa’s Toy

Ambient Temp: 76 F

Elevation: 1366 ft

Weather: Sunny

Car: 2005 Legacy GT

Tuner: Travis (Snail Racing) & Tony (M-45 automotive)

Dyno Info: Dyno-Jet, STP correction

Transmission: Durabilt Custom 5EAT billet Automatic

Final Gear Ratio: 4:10

Peak HP at RPM: 26lbs of boost=502whp, 458 ft lbs of tq.- 31lbs of boost=612whp, 537 ft.lbs of tq- 38lbs of boost=735whp, 641 ft.lbs of torque (All of the above power figures occur within the stock powerband of 3500 to 7000rpms)

Baseline: Stock 2013 STi: 220 whp / 237 wtrq

Target Boost: 38 psi tapering to 20 psi

Target AFR: 11.7

Fuel: E85 (85% blend)

Weight: 2935lbs. (target weight is 2600lbs)

Engine/Power Modifications:

Outfront Motorsports V-4-Closed Deck Block ,w,LA Sleeves installed and Grooved for O-Rings.

Process West Intake Manifold

Perrin Heavy Duty Motor & Transmission Mounts

Cosworth HP Oil Pump

Crawford High Pressure water pump

CP 8:4 pistons

DW 2000cc top feed injectors & fuel rail

Radium Engineering Surge Tank

3-Walbro 455 LPH Staged Fuel pumps

Manley Turbo Tuff I-beam rods, pinned

Custom Head work, Porting & valve job and O-Ringed

ARP 1/2" head studs, ARP bolts and studs used throughout the entire motor

Pinned King Bearings

Manley Billet crank all bearings are pinned.

ATI Crank Pulley

All running gear was balanced

Crower 278 cams

Supertech valves and valve springs

Comp Turbo Twin Scroll Turbo-CT4x-6065-3bb unit

M & M Custom 3” Down Pipe w/ Dougs 3” electric collector

M & M Custom 3” Exhaust, Up-Pipe T4 mount, dual dump tubes w/twin 50mm Turbosmart wastegates

ETS Custom 4” Cool Air System (modified by M&M)

TGV Deletes

8mm Phenolic Spacers

ETS FMIC w/ 4" core

PTFE fuel system

CF Oversized Radiator, w/built-in oil cooler

Cobb AP V3 running- Speed Density

Driveline Modifications:

KYB shocks & Struts

Rallytek Springs

Rallytek Sway Bars

AVO End Links

All bushings on car have been replaced with Polyurethane bushings

Wheels & Brakes

EBC Rotors

Subaru Special four piston calipers

Special Compound Hawk Brake Pads

Motul High Temp Brake Fluid

RPF1-Custom Enkei Racing Rims

Toyo Red Dot High Performance Tires

So the question your going to ask is, How fast is it? The truth is it is a constant work in Process. However, being an old drag racer and having a friend who recently bought a dodge demon. We decided to see how the Subaru stacked up against the dodge? After all we couldn't go to the track as I don't have a roll bar and would not be allowed to compete. So he agreed and we found an old country road. All I can say is it was a dead even race and it scared the hell out of both of us. So, once I get the parachute and roll bar installed I will go to the track to set the suspension up. Suffice it to say, this car is very, very quick.

If anyone is building a 400 to 450whp car let me know as I have a lot of premium parts for sale to help you get there?

That’s a nice build you have going there. Mine will be kinda similar but different in so many ways. But I’ll post updates as things progress.

• 4 weeks later...
What goodies might you still have available? I am in the midst of an engine rebuild. turns out my valve guides went to ovaltown after my last dealer rebuild.

I met up with Ezra1234 on the way back home with a parts car. He has a thick book of notes and charts from his build (s). pm him directly to get the current parts list.

• 2 weeks later...
What goodies might you still have available? I am in the midst of an engine rebuild. turns out my valve guides went to ovaltown after my last dealer rebuild.

I have V25B heads from an 07 STI, Let me know if you are interested.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
Making a comeback. Been 5 years since the car ran. New mods include an IAG 1000+ long block, dual 450lph fuel pumps, -8 fuel feed lines, 5” ets intercooler, haltech elite 2500 ecu, fresh 6mt, plus much much more. I’ll try and update the legacy group on Facebook when the car is officially back. Also 10s are no longer going to cut it new goal is a very low 9.
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...