LegacyGT.com

Shooting for 10's on my daily driver

Yeah that's what I was thinking and I'm not too positive that the oil pan seals well anyways. It is one of the few items that I did not replace even though the seller of the short block said it was brand new it clearly was not, and the so call professional machine shop that assembled it did a very poor job, which is why I had to rebuild it and replace most of the internals. Not to mention some one had painted the block pink, then silver to cover up the pink and when they painted they did not cover up any oil gallies or coolant passages. This guy basically sold me his $2200 drop in ready piece of crap. No wonder he didn't return calls after it was sold and delivered to me

Permatex makes a product called the right stuff. Order/buy it. Its an RTV product that you put anywhere you never want to leak again. Its simply amazing shit.

I fixed the oil leak but, when I tried to start it, all I got was a loud back fire. I have fuel and spark obviously, and all my cams are in time, tomorrow I'm pulling off the crank bolt to check that the crankshaft is in time with the oil pump. Other than a timing issue I don't know what it could be. All my timing components are brand new. Tensioner is holding tension and it's the Kevlar belt. Anyone else have an idea? Also if you are local to the Phoenix area feel free to stop by

How about the coil pack connectors? Did you make sure white ones are towards the front of the engine, and black ones in the back?

The guy who rebuilt my engine messed that up on the driver side. Luckily I checked that out before my engine went back in the car :mad:.

I was wrong, my coil packs were connected improperly, easy fix, atleast. I have the shop I took it too heli coiling the oil pan. So no more oil leak. But it fired right up and it did just like it used to, she beat the ground with those cams it sounded amazing, I missed it. But the shop forced air technigies wi have it ready on Monday for me

I was wrong, my coil packs were connected improperly, easy fix, atleast. I have the shop I took it too heli coiling the oil pan. So no more oil leak. But it fired right up and it did just like it used to, she beat the ground with those cams it sounded amazing, I missed it. But the shop forced air technigies wi have it ready on Monday for me

Black goes in the back!

How about the coil pack connectors? Did you make sure white ones are towards the front of the engine, and black ones in the back?

The guy who rebuilt my engine messed that up on the driver side. Luckily I checked that out before my engine went back in the car :mad:.

Black goes in the back!

Yep. so easy to overlook this. Happy to hear it was a simple fix.

Now you better post some videos of it running. I want to see and hear it!

I will post some up soon as I get it back it's at a shop here until Monday getting the oil pan fixed. I started to take a video yesterday on the first start up but we shut it off right when I started to take it