LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT to be Discontinued

08 WGT

Here it is in the official Subaru dirt:

http://media.subaru.com/index.php?s=43&item=309

like I said... all about selling the entertainment and features of the car. No focus/mention much of hp#s, speed, torque, slalom speed, RPM redline, suspension, type of shocks/springs, etc... which you would find in the advertisement of the WRX and like cars. The legacy is simply a family sedan now. Its just keeping up with the Jones.:icon_neut

Now thinking.. I might want this more... the last of the "sporty sedan" for the average family. :)

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a "confirmed order" for my 12' GT, but am still waiting for my VIN number. There is no other car I want, and I hope a confirmed order guarantees that I'll get my car....

Dealership and SOA tell me not to worry :)

I strongly suspect that Canada will also discontinue the GT, they are as rare here as they are everywhere else. In Canada the GT lists for $38,595, it only works for me because I'm importing the car at US pricing...

The value equation is also wrong in Canada, the GT lists for $38,595, $1000 more than an A4. It only works for me because I will import the car at US pricing...

The base model, FWD A4 with the Multitronic CVT costs $1000 less than the LGT.

The AWD, 6MT A4, on the other hand, costs $1000 more than the LGT.

Speaking of Audi, I think the 2013 Legacy's bumper is the spitting image of the A4's. Not that it doesn't look good. New headlights are awesome, too.

Speaking of Audi, I think the 2013 Legacy's bumper is the spitting image of the A4's. Not that it doesn't look good. New headlights are awesome, too.

There's no real symmetry in the Legacy's front-end. It's all over the place. The crossbar in the grille is too high and the headlights have more pointy bits than a hedgehog.

I'm not a massive fan of the Audi's new front end but at least it doesn't look as disorganized as a toddler's playroom.

http://stwot.motortrend.com/files/2011/10/2013-Audi-A4-front-view-623x389.jpg

http://photos.prnewswire.com/pb-large/EN/2012/03/29/13/20120329130159ENPRNPRN11-SUBARU-2013-LEGACY-1y-1333026119MR.jpg

It was a slow seller because Subaru kept limiting choices. You could have any colour as long as it was dull, there were no multimedia options, they killed the wagon, etc...

Maybe Canada will still get the GT...

Subaru's lineup sucks even more.

No GT, but it comes with eyesight. I guess Subaru's target market are octogenarians with a tendency to fall asleep at the wheel.

So that leaves a total of zero performance models from Subaru unless you want a tricked out economy car.

All of those things would have affected 2.5i sales as well. The car was a slow seller because it wasn't what people wanted. Any car will find some buyers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was talking about the WRX/STi. The BRZ is a Toyota with a Subaru engine and wrong wheel drive.

longitudally mounted boxer, Impreza chassis, and Subaru engineering... right:rolleyes:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I still think there is a possibility of the GT returning in the future.

Once they get a turbo to run on 87 octane like Hyundai, it will be a more viable choice over a 3.6R in light of nearly all manufacturers having a trend in engine downsizing.

If SOA had a damn clue about why the LGT had so little sales (cough no auto cough) they would axe the 3.6R and offer the GT in MT and AT.

I still think there is a possibility of the GT returning in the future.

Once they get a turbo to run on 87 octane like Hyundai, it will be a more viable choice over a 3.6R in light of nearly all manufacturers having a trend in engine downsizing.

If SOA had a damn clue about why the LGT had so little sales (cough no auto cough) they would axe the 3.6R and offer the GT in MT and AT.

i dont believe that is the reason (auto no auto) I wanted a manual.. i believe as someone else stated it is the price.. for full price ie 32-34k with options there are a lot of other cars that fit the bill.

i dont believe that is the reason (auto no auto) I wanted a manual.. i believe as someone else stated it is the price.. for full price ie 32-34k with options there are a lot of other cars that fit the bill.

A lot? Like what? There are very few cars in this class, with this level of power and with AWD.

Tell me what other family sedan has AWD, Navi, MT and sub 6 second 0-60 for under $34k?

Ignore the WRX, STI or Evo as they are not competitors to the LGT.

Well. I guess I was right !!! For all you nay sayers, that called me names along with my friend and long time salesmanager, I hope you are all proud of yourselves. Just because it wasn't in print yet, but is now, some just wanted to bash me , instead of waiting to see if I was right, which I was !!! Or maybe saying, this guy might know what he is saying ?? But that is to much to ask from some people who think they know everything. Guess what I'm 62 years old , and am still learning. I'm not a know it all, just a Subaru loyal customer. I'm sorry that they have discontinued the GT, but saw it coming.

On other thing, it is sad when someone is corrected and told to change the way they finish their remarks with punctuation marks,or quit posting !! Yet people are allowed to make personal remarks, about someone's character, and calling them names. I never said anything mean, or called anyone names, or questioned anyone's integrity. I will never receive any kind of apology, because that is the way some people are, but I got the last laugh, I WAS RIGHT !!!!!!! Some of you, might want to know, there are other people out hear that know quite a bit, and because they don't post any remarks, or statements, doesn't mean they don't know what they are talking about. Open your eyes and mind, and you might learn something !!!!

GOOD-BYE !! YOU WILL NEVER HEAR FROM ME AGAIN !!!!!

I heard that the Honda Ridgeline would be discontinued in 2007....... its still alive! Don't believe it, at least yet! There is nothing on the Subaru dealer site about it

Sales have been stopped while they retool for the 2013 model year. :rolleyes:

My dealership said that the LGT will live on. Salesman was actually shocked that I thought LGT was going to be dc'd.

The Subaru dealer site that is only for dealers, as in I am a salesperson for Subaru. All that is happening is they have stopped taking orders so they can start up production of the 2013 model

IMO the turbo is not going anywhere, they are going to axe the 3.6R since an auto 2.5 Turbo would make more sense for CAFE.

The GT is not getting discontinued and the OP was grossly misinformed.

Let us all stop arguing about 4th gen vs 5th gen bullshit and can we all please just get along?

Lesson learned: People who work at dealerships don't know wtf they're talking about but are convinced they do simply because they work at a dealership.

As I said, I am a salesperson at a Subaru dealer, there is a site that you don't have access to but I do. There is nothing on that site that has about dicontinuing the GT!

As everyone was saying they have stopped production of all Legacys, and stopped production of the H6 Outback for retooling for the 2013 models.

Your friend the sales manager is full of shit!

I don't believe you because you only used one "!" at the end of your sentence. You need at least 10 to make me think you are telling the truth.

didn't take a couple of months, but let me know how that crow is tasting.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well. I guess I was right !!! For all you nay sayers, that called me names along with my friend and long time salesmanager, I hope you are all proud of yourselves. Just because it wasn't in print yet, but is now, some just wanted to bash me , instead of waiting to see if I was right, which I was !!! Or maybe saying, this guy might know what he is saying ?? But that is to much to ask from some people who think they know everything. Guess what I'm 62 years old , and am still learning. I'm not a know it all, just a Subaru loyal customer. I'm sorry that they have discontinued the GT, but saw it coming.

On other thing, it is sad when someone is corrected and told to change the way they finish their remarks with punctuation marks,or quit posting !! Yet people are allowed to make personal remarks, about someone's character, and calling them names. I never said anything mean, or called anyone names, or questioned anyone's integrity. I will never receive any kind of apology, because that is the way some people are, but I got the last laugh, I WAS RIGHT !!!!!!! Some of you, might want to know, there are other people out hear that know quite a bit, and because they don't post any remarks, or statements, doesn't mean they don't know what they are talking about. Open your eyes and mind, and you might learn something !!!!

GOOD-BYE !! YOU WILL NEVER HEAR FROM ME AGAIN !!!!!

Well I would like to say I apologize for doubting you.

On other thing, it is sad when someone is corrected and told to change the way they finish their remarks with punctuation marks,or quit posting

It's tedious to read massive blocks of text without paragraphs and proper punctuation.

But then again I'm still trying to decipher txt speak. Not asking anyone to write like a literary scholar but christ, at least put an effort into spelling correctly.

didn't take a couple of months, but let me know how that crow is tasting.

Let's not forget we had OTHER people from dealerships with contrary opinions.

I still hold fast to not believing someone working at a dealership just because they work at a dealership and their awesomesauce manager gave them some kind of privileged inside information. I never believe that 'ish. Doesn't matter what feature on what car of what brand we're discussing.

PS:

We won bitches. Game over.

Love, 5th gen owners.

Archived