LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT to be Discontinued

08 WGT

Let's not forget we had OTHER people from dealerships with contrary opinions.

I still hold fast to not believing someone working at a dealership just because they work at a dealership and their awesomesauce manager gave them some kind of privileged inside information. I never believe that 'ish. Doesn't matter what feature on what car of what brand we're discussing.

PS:

We won bitches. Game over.

Love, 5th gen owners.

nothing wrong with being skeptical. Ignorant is another matter all together

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guess what I'm 62 years old , and am still learning. On other thing, it is sad when someone is corrected and told to change the way they finish their remarks with punctuation marks,or quit posting !! Yet people are allowed to make personal remarks, about someone's character, and calling them names. I never said anything mean, or called anyone names, or questioned anyone's integrity. I will never receive any kind of apology, because that is the way some people are, but I got the last laugh, I WAS RIGHT !!!!!!! Some of you, might want to know, there are other people out hear that know quite a bit, and because they don't post any remarks, or statements, doesn't mean they don't know what they are talking about. Open your eyes and mind, and you might learn something !!!!

Apparently still learning how to read and write at age 62 :rolleyes:. Does not seem to play well with others either...

GOOD-BYE !! YOU WILL NEVER HEAR FROM ME AGAIN !!!!!

I believe that's what you said the first time. Do you promise this time? Perhaps seek some counseling? :lol:

No one heard ROW Legacy GT to be cancelled. It is our friendly SOA not offering US (and prly Canadian) customers Legacy GT from now on.

Does not make it any easier to deal with, but at least we'll know what Legacy GT is made of.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Very dissapointed, I moved on from Subaru's last year when I picked up a TL and gave the wife the Outback, however I had planned on going LGT + BRZ sometime next year after the initial demand (and to see how the first batch held up) had subsided. I loved both the LGT's I had previously (Both 05's, one LTD)

Now I guess I'll have to wait and see if the next gen WRX will be large enough and optioned enought to keep me entertained as a daily.

I suppose I could always go 2.5i on the daily driver, but I still want a manual, which I won't be able to get with the premium ... oy

'20 Legacy XT Touring

13 Subarus and counting: http://jmaigroup.com/subarus/

Very dissapointed, I moved on from Subaru's last year when I picked up a TL and gave the wife the Outback, however I had planned on going LGT + BRZ sometime next year after the initial demand (and to see how the first batch held up) had subsided. I loved both the LGT's I had previously (Both 05's, one LTD)

Now I guess I'll have to wait and see if the next gen WRX will be large enough and optioned enought to keep me entertained as a daily.

I suppose I could always go 2.5i on the daily driver, but I still want a manual, which I won't be able to get with the premium ... oy

Is the MY2013 not going to offer the Premium trim 4 cyl w/ a manual? I hadn't read that anywhere. It is a shame that the GT has been killed--but, it really didn't hold up against other viable options in it's segment. Plus the target market was a bit vague...offering it only in the Limited trim was a mistake. It should have been offered in lower trim levels as it was in the beginning with the current generation. I was planning on getting one in a few years, but if it's not revived, I don't think I'll be opting for the H6. The A4 or A5 is close money to the LGT's and a similar-type vehicle. Or a CPO Porsche. Keep my 2.5i as a DD. I also really like the new TL Sport Wagon. If that came w/ AWD and a stick I'd scoop that up in a heartbeat. Wish the Outback offered a turbo (or a turbo diesel!)....that's probably asking too much though.

PS- so when is the "Legacy25i.com" forum going to be ready to roll? lol...

I Looked at an h6 to replace the lgt... I didn't like the power delivery at all, it felt weak . The lgt had that snappy feeling when the turbo kicked in and it just felt sporty... The h6 felt underpowered and uninspiring.

H6 is faster than the auto equipped BL GT.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Faster or not, the feel of the power delivery is very different between the two.

Until Subaru sticks the 5MT onto the H6, it will always feel somewhat sluggish.

I have long complained about the power delivery of the H6. It's peaky and needs to be rung out to get it to get up and go. It makes power more like a turbo than 6 IMO. I was simply stating that is faster that the auto GT was.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would tend to think that whatever happens for 2013 is just an intermediate step/decision associated with the 5th generation legacy as opposed to a long term decision that impacts the overall product line. The 6th generation legacy that should have tires rolling on the street by July 2014 is the element of unknown.

…and what segment would that be?

no kidding - what other comparably sized, 4-door, AWD vehicles with comparable power and an available manual transmission are there at the same price point? answer is there is pretty much nothing. (and with the LGT gone for 2013, there really is nothing - sad) - pretty much the only things which come close are the A4 ($33.3k and much less power) or the S4 (more power, but $47.3k) - more options if you forego the manual transmission, though... and even more if you forego AWD...

no kidding - what other comparably sized, 4-door, AWD vehicles with comparable power and an available manual transmission are there at the same price point? answer is there is pretty much nothing. (and with the LGT gone for 2013, there really is nothing - sad) - pretty much the only things which come close are the A4 ($33.3k and much less power) or the S4 (more power, but $47.3k) - more options if you forego the manual transmission, though... and even more if you forego AWD...

Comapartively sized 4 door - A4? Or did you mean the A6? Or are you comparing the msrp?

+1

I had two requirements in my car search: AWD and Manual Transmission. That narrowed my search down to 2 cars, LGT and A4. Quickly ruled out A4 based on price. Glad I got my order in on time.

Archived