LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT to be Discontinued

08 WGT

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well i know some of you guys were mentioning the wholse sports sedan thing and that the current legacy is a boat. Well the current legacy is a boat, if you want the 4th gen feel of a sports sedan, then let me intruduce you to the impreza wrx or sti, they are based of the BL platform, yah it wont be as roomy or comfortable as the 4th gen legacy but at least you can still have fun.

well i know some of you guys were mentioning the wholse sports sedan thing and that the current legacy is a boat. Well the current legacy is a boat, if you want the 4th gen feel of a sports sedan, then let me intruduce you to the impreza wrx or sti, they are based of the BL platform, yah it wont be as roomy or comfortable as the 4th gen legacy but at least you can still have fun.

I don't mind the size of the 5th gen, just the old person styling. The siz of the new one I would compare to a g8, which I'm okay with as you can put 4 people in comfortably. Just make it look sportier like the 4th gen. And I looked a the wrx when I bought my car, and you couldn't comfortably fit 4 adults in there. Not to mention insurance was a lot higher on the wrx than the legacy.

I realize fun is a relative term and I have never owned a turbo, but if you don't think it's a blast driving a 3.6R with a few basic suspension upgrades on some back roads in the twisty NC mountains, then I submit you have not ridden with me!

I don't mind the size of the 5th gen, just the old person styling. The siz of the new one I would compare to a g8, which I'm okay with as you can put 4 people in comfortably. Just make it look sportier like the 4th gen. And I looked a the wrx when I bought my car, and you couldn't comfortably fit 4 adults in there. Not to mention insurance was a lot higher on the wrx than the legacy.

I hear yah, our cars are still small, but in a sense what did we expect, if you want a sporty sedan it needs to be small and lightweight and thus subaru used our platforms for the wrx,sti and brz which is kinda cool and seem fitting our cars name being legacy.

I also like the 5th gen look, but since times change so does the vehicle and its now geared to consumers more concerned about practicality and fuel mileage rather than being able to take ramp at 100k.

Also sport luxury has always belonged to audi and bmw, subaru tried to do what audi did with their A4 back in the day, but lets be honest its still just a japanese car, on the flips side to that coin, subaru had a hate on advertising until recently, cause back in 08 i did not know there was a spec b.

Subaru needs to do what it needs to do to stay alive in this economy and the next disappointment will be the future of wrx/sti models as im sure it will get some cuts made

Why does every thread involving any mention of the new legacy completely devolve into another 4th gen v 5th gen hater thread?

5th gen haters: the car has been out for 3 years now, how long will it take before someone can mention a new legacy and you don't bitch and whine about how much you hate it. We get it, no one cares. Don't you have anything better to do at this point?

Why does every thread involving any mention of the new legacy completely devolve into another 4th gen v 5th gen hater thread?

5th gen haters: the car has been out for 3 years now, how long will it take before someone can mention a new legacy and you don't bitch and whine about how much you hate it. We get it, no one cares. Don't you have anything better to do at this point?

+1

It must be because the 5th gen GT can't hit 100 on an on ramp.

Don't worry lee07, I'm with you.

If they don't make a better looking Legacy, my two will be my last. I also had a 98GT wagon and a 00GT wagon. So I have some room to talk about how much I dislike the look's of the 5th gen.

I also have some ski friends that bought 05 and 06 outbacks because of me and now have bought 10 and 11 outbacks. Both say this miss their older cars. The new cars are to soft and don't handle as well.

Both these people are not into cars like some of us. They are just looking for a good AWD drive to take them to the mountains and back.

Your ski friends sound just like my In-Laws, exactly.

They owned an 02 loaded H6 Outback, then bought an 05 OB new in 05. They loved both of them.

Traded in the 05 for a 2011 Loaded OB about 6 months back and they agree it's not the same as the older ones. The handling and overall build quality in their eyes has suffered. They can't believe how easily their paint gets scratched and dented too- compared to the older ones, especially the 03. They are happy with the size increase but not the fact that it gets blown all over the highway with cross winds compared to their older, smaller Outbacks.

I have yet to drive their new Outback myself but I drove their old ones a lot (took them both off roading at their farm extensively too) and yeah, Subaru really had something special in the older Outbacks.

I don't want to get into the whole 4th vs 5th thing but I can directly comment on the 4th vs WRX. Last year I was cross shopping a new WRX and a used 4th Gen. Here's how I feel they stack up. 4th Gen is much more composed, quiet and comfortable than the current WRX while offering almost the same performance (course not the same potential out of the box).

I nearly bought a new WRX premium, did everything except sign the documents, the thing that held me back was the lack of refinement the WRX had compared to the 4th Gen. My spec.B is so much more refined and comfortable but still offers most of the performance of a WRX. To me there is nothing else that offered the blend of civility and sports sedan for the dollars as a 4th Gen.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Not trying to start anything at all but

We're/I'm not 5th gen haters, just disappointed, not thrilled nor excited, just not an attention grabber etc etc.

Just doesn't make me/us say WOW, inside or out nor the driving experience.

Wouldn't U want to own a car that you want to go drive for hours and hours and look at all night and take millions of photos of?

There's just more of us 5th gen haters than 5th gen lovers.

I know you can't say the 5th gen is 100% perfect in and out and you wouldn't change a thing. I'm sure you'll wish they did this or that etc.

Again, NOT/DON'T want to start anything here and never did.

Rememeber this is an Legacygt Forum. We all have Legacys and we all can't say it's perfect, which is why every year they add, tweak things too it and a brand new look comes out every 5 years.

Us 5th gen haters are just gonna have to wait for the 6th gen to come out(If and it should come out).

I apologize if I upset or offended anyone.

Lets all get along here. No one is hating anyone here(at least not me).

I'm not a GT owner, but I don't think it is a matter of hurting feelings or making people mad, I think it's more about suspect posts that claim 5th gens are ugly or no fun to drive or that we can't hit 100 on ramp. It's just absurd statements like those that start a flame war.

Not trying to start anything at all but

I know you can't say the 5th gen is 100% perfect in and out and you wouldn't change a thing. I'm sure you'll wish they did this or that etc.

Again, NOT/DON'T want to start anything here and never did.

Actually there are things I'd change about any car I've owned. And for the record, I've driven a 4th gen, I've owned 2 5th gens, I would change a lot more about the 4th gen than the 5th, and prefer the 5th (this coming from an ex-motorcycle racer, so yes, i like going fast). I really couldn't care less about what it looks like, I care about how it drives and the interior. I spend more time driving my car than taking pictures of it.

So really, I'm not sure what your point is here. You seem to make an assumption that the 5th gen is inherently and objectively worse than the 4th, and that everyone reading follows that assumption. You'd be wrong in every actual metric if you want to just talk numbers, and subjectively, it's an opinion which car is "better", not fact as you're presenting it.

:munch:

I'm not a GT owner, but I don't think it is a matter of hurting feelings or making people mad, I think it's more about suspect posts that claim 5th gens are ugly or no fun to drive or that we can't hit 100 on ramp. It's just absurd statements like those that start a flame war.

What he said :rolleyes:. It's essentially a constant backhanded insult, and then feelings do indeed come into play when their car is constantly put down....

And so what, I got a 3.6R with 256HP stock and I can still use regular. I know my car is just as fast as 80% of the average cars I encounter on the road on a daily basis in NC, and that's on dry pavement. And I can drive as aggressive as I want, while my 10-month stays fast asleep in a ride smooth as butter. Haters gone hate, that's what they do!

While I'm ranting and raving (apparently), this talk of 4th vs 5th gen owners reminds me of something. This site is obviously dominated by 4th gen owners, just looking at the thread numbers per forum. The new LGT has been out for 3 years, and yet, a 4th gen remains the site logo. I know most people think the 4th gen looks better (and in some respects i'd agree), but there are some damn good looking modified 5th gen lgt's out there, especially JDM, so why do we still have a 4 year old car up there?

There's an obvious reason then why we still have a picture of a 4th gen LGT as our forum's main photo. It's pretty crappy then when 4th gen owners dump on 5th gens and we feel as though we either constantly need to defend our purchase or accept that we're the "black sheep" of the site.

My $0.02...

And really, I have been one this forum for only a few weeks and I love it so much I decided to contribute a few dollars. But, I am already good on these GT fan boys that talk a lot of junk. I actually came across a thread the other day were some of them were trying to justify 20-inch wheels. LOL!

Archived