LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT to be Discontinued

08 WGT

I own an 05 LGT wagon, but I kinda like the 5th gen cars too. What other affordable cars have a turbo, AWD, lots of interior room and a manual as the only transmission choice. That list right there is pretty much exactly what I look for in a car. I think its great that they were able to maintain the relatively low weight(my friends' 328xi wagon weighs 300 lbs more while being much smaller inside) while keeping most of the soul of the car intact. I know it doesnt have a rear diff anymore and the audience that they are aiming at is usually one that would want that rear diff, but there really isn't anything else in this price range that compares to these cars. If they sold the wagon version here I'd be convincing my wife that she needs to sell her civic and get one for herself. If they sold the diesel wagon version, I'd be driving one myself in addition to my 4th gen wagon of course.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sucks, but due to the increased size, it would seem that the newer WRX/STI is our new LGT. Isn't it roughly the same size as the 4th gen?

Yes, it is. I've been shopping them lately. The new WRX is something like 1 inch smaller (foot room) in the interior and an inch or two shorter on the exterior length for the sedan. The track is near the same and the width is slightly larger iirc

Let us all stop arguing about 4th gen vs 5th gen bullshit and can we all please just get along?

^ This. I spent as much time as anyone complaining about the 5G, but that's an old, tired story. Most of us would rather have a 5G LGT than no LGT choice at all.

im sure the 5g is a great car especially compared to what else is out there...but when it came out in late 2009 it prompted me to find one of the few remaining 4g specb on the lot and drive 1000 miles each way to pick it up. very glad i did and id do it again.

edit: part of me hopes subaru doesnt come out with something sweet like a sti or wagon legacy because then i might be tempted to sell lol

08WGT - I'm glad you are not "glueless" but there seems to be something sticky on your 1/! Key.

You might have said something really great, but I couldn't get past the verbal vomit to see the message.

What if the Legacy will be retooling for 2013 and the LGT is going away? Can both be right? Just a thought.

It's possible that they do a facelift for 2013. Minor cosmetic changes. Seems to be right in time since then the current 5th gen will have been around for 3 years.

453747.png

HEY RHETT,Guess what they are making Impreza's now, they are getting them every day, I saw three deliver today at dealer and they are expecting 10 more. They are also making Legacy's , they just got 8 three days ago from Lafayette In plant. where are you getting all of your info ????? Just guessing ????? The Impreza is NEW, just came out, NOT RETOOLING !!!!! (Made in Japan)The Legacys are still being made , not retooling, new model is not coming until 2014 model year,( They are made in US) that is common knowledge !!!!!!! How do I know this, I work at a Subaru Dealership !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Subaru Plant is 60 miles away from us and we are getting a steady supply of Legacy's/ Outbacks all of the time !!!!!!!!!! Like I said before, just because Subaru hasn't put anything out on their site doesn't make it a false statement, they never said anything about the Outback XT being discontinued, until the ordering info came out to the dealers for 2010 models,and they found out they couldn't order them anymore !!!!!!!!!!! Let's just see WHO'S RIGHT ON THIS ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't say to may things on this site, just sit back and read and absorb, but just because I'm not an activity poster, doesn't mean I am glueless. How long have you all ,been buying Subaru's, how many have you owned, and been a loyal supporter ??? Can any say 30 years, and owned 15 Subaru's GL's, Imprezas, WRX's, Legacys and GT's, Forester and XT's . I thought when I heard about this, it would be nice to share the info, but like so many other sites, people are unkind. So I'm done !!!!!!!! All I can say I hope they change their mind, but I think it's all ready a done deal, according to people who know alot more than me, or any of you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I said, I am a salesperson at a Subaru dealer, there is a site that you don't have access to but I do. There is nothing on that site that has about dicontinuing the GT!

As everyone was saying they have stopped production of all Legacys, and stopped production of the H6 Outback for retooling for the 2013 models.

Your friend the sales manager is full of shit!

As I said, I am a salesperson at a Subaru dealer, there is a site that you don't have access to but I do. There is nothing on that site that has about dicontinuing the GT!

As everyone was saying they have stopped production of all Legacys, and stopped production of the H6 Outback for retooling for the 2013 models.

Your friend the sales manager is full of shit!

I don't believe you because you only used one "!" at the end of your sentence. You need at least 10 to make me think you are telling the truth.

Don't worry lee07, I'm with you.

If they don't make a better looking Legacy, my two will be my last. I also had a 98GT wagon and a 00GT wagon. So I have some room to talk about how much I dislike the look's of the 5th gen.

I also have some ski friends that bought 05 and 06 outbacks because of me and now have bought 10 and 11 outbacks. Both say this miss their older cars. The new cars are to soft and don't handle as well.

Both these people are not into cars like some of us. They are just looking for a good AWD drive to take them to the mountains and back.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

HEY RHETT,Guess what they are making Impreza's now, they are getting them every day, I saw three deliver today at dealer and they are expecting 10 more. They are also making Legacy's , they just got 8 three days ago from Lafayette In plant. where are you getting all of your info ????? Just guessing ????? The Impreza is NEW, just came out, NOT RETOOLING !!!!! (Made in Japan)The Legacys are still being made , not retooling, new model is not coming until 2014 model year,( They are made in US) that is common knowledge !!!!!!! How do I know this, I work at a Subaru Dealership !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Subaru Plant is 60 miles away from us and we are getting a steady supply of Legacy's/ Outbacks all of the time !!!!!!!!!! Like I said before, just because Subaru hasn't put anything out on their site doesn't make it a false statement, they never said anything about the Outback XT being discontinued, until the ordering info came out to the dealers for 2010 models,and they found out they couldn't order them anymore !!!!!!!!!!! Let's just see WHO'S RIGHT ON THIS ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't say to may things on this site, just sit back and read and absorb, but just because I'm not an activity poster, doesn't mean I am glueless. How long have you all ,been buying Subaru's, how many have you owned, and been a loyal supporter ??? Can any say 30 years, and owned 15 Subaru's GL's, Imprezas, WRX's, Legacys and GT's, Forester and XT's . I thought when I heard about this, it would be nice to share the info, but like so many other sites, people are unkind. So I'm done !!!!!!!! All I can say I hope they change their mind, but I think it's all ready a done deal, according to people who know alot more than me, or any of you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Either start using the "ENTER" key more and the "!" less or stop posting.

People that have owned both, generally prefer the 5th gen.

Based on what?

Frankly if I wanted a bigger car than my 05 Outback I'd get something the size of a Q7. But I don't. I like smaller cars.

The new Legacy might not look like a Camry or Accord, but it's the same concept as one: Big family sedan.

epic tantrum. in other news

"Robert,

Thank you for contacting Subaru of America, Inc. I appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

We are no longer accepting orders for the 2012 Legacy GT model as we are completing the model year production. We have not yet received information on the launch of the 2013 Legacy models.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Jennifer Streitfeld

Customer Dealer Services

Subaru of America, Inc."

*!!!1!!!!!!!!1!!11!!!!!!

Don't worry I will not be posting anymore. Hope this helps.

It's a general problem within the message board community to be a dick. I, for one, don't want to see you go. But I have seen this song and dance on many developer forums and car forums. But this place is a lot nicer and more helpful than the forester Site. I have posted follow up questions in about 5 different threads and have yet to get one answer. God forbid I actually ask a question that has been asked before because I know I'll get blasted.

It's roomy, not particularly luxurious, not particularly sporty and not particularly all that well equipped.
I dunno - having just gone through the car buying thing, looking at the Legacy's direct competition (camry, accord, mazda 6, nissan altima, etc.), it's comparable in size, just as nice interior-wise, if not nicer than some, definitely sportier (in GT trim) than similar models from say Toyota, and at least as well, if not better, equipped at the price point. Are there nicer cars out there? sure! But at its price point, you aren't going to find much along the lines of an AWD car with decent power... It's definitely not a sports car, but that's not what Subaru was going for - if you want sportier, you can go aftermarket and improve pretty much anything you want - springs, struts, engine management, etc.

The general manager at the Subaru dealership told me that it's routine to shut down the plants in Japan every year or something for about 2-weeks for general maintenance. This was about a month ago, when I bought my 3rd Subaru. I'm sure he was just lying or something, I would imagine they get bored selling cars all day and enjoy coming up with wild stories like this and misleading their loyal customers.

"I don't say to may things on this site, just sit back and read and absorb, but just because I'm not an activity poster, doesn't mean I am glueless." posted by WRX08

glueless? LOL!

Based on what?

Frankly if I wanted a bigger car than my 05 Outback I'd get something the size of a Q7. But I don't. I like smaller cars.

The new Legacy might not look like a Camry or Accord, but it's the same concept as one: Big family sedan.

Based on people that have owned both.:rolleyes: Have you owned a 5th gen? Doesn't sound like it, so of course you can't agree with that statement.

Archived