LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT to be Discontinued

08 WGT

Bitch, my daughter is asleep so I can't get my nails done until tomorrow. She does awesome zebra stripes on my toenails.

And women's bball kicks men's basketball's ass. Actual teamwork, passing and stuff.

You just like to fantasize about what you could do to that Griner dude from Baylor...

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bitch, my daughter is asleep so I can't get my nails done until tomorrow. She does awesome zebra stripes on my toenails.

And women's bball kicks men's basketball's ass. Actual teamwork, passing and stuff.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feE1G2sJty0]Futurama - Amazon women in the mood - YouTube[/ame]

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Just curious - why not an Outback for the space if you have two kids and needed a family car?
If there was an Outback XT with the same engine/manual transmission, I would certainly have considered it.

Would you have bought a Legacy wagon if it was available?
I actually prefer a sedan, but my WRX was a wagon - at the time I bought the WRX, my primary driver was that the sedan didn't have folding rear seats, so I couldn't get my bike into the car. However, I really like the utility of the wagon. So I dunno - I might have considered a Legacy GT wagon, if such a beast existed here, depending on how it performed relative to the sedan.

So there you go. Everybody's entitled to their own opinion. In that situation, I prioritize the comfort of said family with the A6 as they will always be more valuable than any vehicle I'll ever own. I leave it at that.
Funny - I always place safety as the #1 concern, followed by the driving experience for me (for my car - for my wife's daily driver, again safety is #1 and her priorities for #2, etc.)... And you are deviating from your argument of about the "subjective" interpretation of size.

Certainly everyone has reasons for preferring one car over another - which is why there are lots of car choices available. I preferred the LGT over other cars in the price range I was looking at.

So why don't you drive an A6, if that's your preferred vehicle? Why do you settle for anything less? For that matter, if comfort of the family is priority #1, if the A6 is good, wouldn't the A8 be better? Or a Lexus LS460 or something else along those lines? Shouldn't you pull out all the stops and be driving something like that, if comfort is the #1 concern?

Oh, the current gen of Subarus are Fugly.

I agree. Over-styled, the headlights are twice as big as they should be, the puffy fenders, the awkward grille...

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i357/ssbtech/Carstuff/2013_Subaru_Legacy.jpghttp://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i357/ssbtech/Carstuff/Subaru-Legacy.jpg

I remember when people "cleaned up" the front of their car by removing the amber reflectors from their headlights. Cleaning up the front of the new Legacy would be like cleaning up the washroom at a seedy strip club.

Camry's are like supercars in the styling comparison.

Christ, you're right :lol:

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i357/ssbtech/Carstuff/Toyota-Camry-2009-1280x800-002.jpg

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i357/ssbtech/Carstuff/Subaru-Legacy.jpg

That is not the car we received in the US. We received something far more boring and vanilla.

http://www.auto123.com/ArtImages/51813/2006_Subaru_Legacy_01.jpg

08 was a nice refresh... but it was still a plain looking car. Cover the front end and ask someone what it is... I bet money the response would be "camry."

http://www.subarucolors.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/2008-Subaru-Legacy-2.5-i-1.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You just like to fantasize about what you could do to that Griner dude from Baylor...

That woman scares me. I heard her interviewed on the radio, didn't hear who it was, and thought they were talking to a man. I pretty sure she's a dude who's testicles failed to drop.

Saw a few peeps make the point of FWD is more than fine for most people. I couldn't agree more. However, having AWD feels more enjoyable to drive. In the winter, I can have loads of fun without yanking the e brake. This being said...last winter I was DD and drove my friends Ford Fusion back in a winter storm. It got home no problem, but got squirely on some longer hills. I wanted my AWD then.

In regards to interior build quality, I think that the Fusion was better.

SUVs are light trucks without truckbeds... be it unibody or body on frame.

SUV's are Explorers, Pathfinders, etc..

They're not sedan-based family wagons with a lift kit :lol:

At the very least give the Outback an optional "offroad" package with locking diffs and a skid plate, HDC and those other little goodies.

At the very least give the Outback an optional "offroad" package with locking diffs and a skid plate, HDC and those other little goodies.

The new explorer is on a taurus frame, pathfinder is going to be on a shared frame with some crossovers. I don't think companies care to make truck based SUVs anymore, not enough people care about driving on anything other than a gravel road.

Funny - I always place safety as the #1 concern, followed by the driving experience for me (for my car - for my wife's daily driver, again safety is #1 and her priorities for #2, etc.)... And you are deviating from your argument of about the "subjective" interpretation of size.

Certainly everyone has reasons for preferring one car over another - which is why there are lots of car choices available. I preferred the LGT over other cars in the price range I was looking at.

So why don't you drive an A6, if that's your preferred vehicle? Why do you settle for anything less? For that matter, if comfort of the family is priority #1, if the A6 is good, wouldn't the A8 be better? Or a Lexus LS460 or something else along those lines? Shouldn't you pull out all the stops and be driving something like that, if comfort is the #1 concern?

1) For context, we are comparing products from Subaru & Audi in terms of size (#264) for a potential LGT "replacement" as it has been discontinued for 2013. Your choice was an A4 whereas mine the A6.

2) Your opinion is that the LGT is comparable to the A4 in size. As for msyself, the LGT is bigger than the Impreza as the A6 is the next larger sedan after the A4 - a subjective yet simple reason for prefering the A6. Reason why I do NOT prefer the A4 is that I subjectively associate it with the likes of other boy racers e.g. lan-evo, wrx-sti, m3, amg c63, etc. and the LGT is simply an adult car. Since there is no manual transmission available for the A6 in North America, so I would gladly sacrifice my preference for a stick in exchange for #3:

3) Yes, prioritizing the safety of the hypothetical family (#289) - as with you. I asked you this question to establish in my mind the reason for your analness with the A4. Okay done, but here you are again hurrying back with your senseless ranting. Speaking of safety, hey why not an A8 (the LS 460 is not a mid-sized sedan nor is it from Audi either) as you said? Because the A6 is closer to the LGT in terms of dimensons than an A8 - not as bulky and thus will handle better. Also, the hypothetical family would be more comfortable in an A6 than an A4 as it has more space and, therefore avoid being ridiculed at by the very similarly sized, hypothetical neighboring family who owns an E350 instead of a C Class.

4) So, why don't I drive an A6 then? Because this is simply only about comparison. You started it, I just went along with your Audi comparison. And besides, the TL SH-AWD is #2 on my list.

Anyway, from 1 to 4 above, are you still skeptical with my line of reasoning? To me man, not everything is about physical measurements as with your comparisons. Example, untangible concepts can not be finitely measured. In a certain perpespective, can I be emotionally attached to my car - yes. Why is it so? Simply because I love my car, whatever the hell it is. I meticulously maintain & detail it whenever I have the chance - but mind you this is not a unit of measurement. So, is my subjective reasoning still unacceptable to you? Is it because that you're still skeptical? But that's alright: "Nothing wrong with being skeptical. Ignorant is another matter altogether" (respectfully borrowed from #226 by the B4).

I'm curious, is your persistence herewith fueled by something else? Are you ill and are on some psychoactive drug or substance? Why do I ask? We have gone back and forth multiple times with the very same subject but my premise remains essentially unchanged. Why did I have to spell it out to you? A lame ploy to increase your post count perhaps? A member at least, or perhaps more, succeeded and saw my point. Could there be a problem with comprehension? DrD, the real world is plagued by different opinions, conjectures, views, ideologies, etc. If you can't see my point, be a morally ethical person and just respect it - as I have yours.

I feel sorry for you but psychotherapy session has ended, Mr. DrD. Get over it or better yet, get a new shrink.

Okay done, but here you are again hurrying back with your senseless ranting. I feel sorry for you but psychotherapy session has ended, Mr. DrD. Get over it or better yet, get a new shrink.

Wow! Who's really ranting here? Tell us what you really think! :lol:

1) For context, we are comparing products from Subaru & Audi in terms of size (#264) for a potential LGT "replacement" as it has been discontinued for 2013. Your choice was an A4 whereas mine the A6.

2) Your opinion is that the LGT is comparable to the A4 in size. As for msyself, the LGT is bigger than the Impreza as the A6 is the next larger sedan after the A4 - a subjective yet simple reason for prefering the A6. Reason why I do NOT prefer the A4 is that I subjectively associate it with the likes of other boy racers e.g. lan-evo, wrx-sti, m3, amg c63, etc. and the LGT is simply an adult car. Since there is no manual transmission available for the A6 in North America, so I would gladly sacrifice my preference for a stick in exchange for #3:

3) Yes, prioritizing the safety of the hypothetical family (#289) - as with you. I asked you this question to establish in my mind the reason for your analness with the A4. Okay done, but here you are again hurrying back with your senseless ranting. Speaking of safety, hey why not an A8 (the LS 460 is not a mid-sized sedan nor is it from Audi either) as you said? Because the A6 is closer to the LGT in terms of dimensons than an A8 - not as bulky and thus will handle better. Also, the hypothetical family would be more comfortable in an A6 than an A4 as it has more space and, therefore avoid being ridiculed at by the very similarly sized, hypothetical neighboring family who owns an E350 instead of a C Class.

4) So, why don't I drive an A6 then? Because this is simply only about comparison. You started it, I just went along with your Audi comparison. And besides, the TL SH-AWD is #2 on my list.

Anyway, from 1 to 4 above, are you still skeptical with my line of reasoning? To me man, not everything is about physical measurements as with your comparisons. Example, untangible concepts can not be finitely measured. In a certain perpespective, can I be emotionally attached to my car - yes. Why is it so? Simply because I love my car, whatever the hell it is. I meticulously maintain & detail it whenever I have the chance - but mind you this is not a unit of measurement. So, is my subjective reasoning still unacceptable to you? Is it because that you're still skeptical? But that's alright: "Nothing wrong with being skeptical. Ignorant is another matter altogether" (respectfully borrowed from #226 by the B4).

I'm curious, is your persistence herewith fueled by something else? Are you ill and are on some psychoactive drug or substance? Why do I ask? We have gone back and forth multiple times with the very same subject but my premise remains essentially unchanged. Why did I have to spell it out to you? A lame ploy to increase your post count perhaps? A member at least, or perhaps more, succeeded and saw my point. Could there be a problem with comprehension? DrD, the real world is plagued by different opinions, conjectures, views, ideologies, etc. If you can't see my point, be a morally ethical person and just respect it - as I have yours.

I feel sorry for you but psychotherapy session has ended, Mr. DrD. Get over it or better yet, get a new shrink.

Senseless ranting above, just in case it's edited down :lol:. This is precious.

Have a sense of humour zambazil, it's just an internet forum, no sense in enraging yourself about someone as "crazy" as DrDr. I think that's what a shrink would tell you!

1) For context, we are ...

yeah - so I'm not going to be referencing post numbers - however, you were referring to "size" as the "sacrifices" which one makes in selecting a vehicle, likening the A4 to a WRX/STi, and an A6 to the LGT, which is silly since the A4 is the same size (and more heavily optioned) than the LGT, while the A6 is considerably larger (uh oh - that size thing again...) and much better appointed. (nothing there to be "subjective" or "skeptical" about, I'm afraid)

Your opinion is that the LGT is comparable to the A4 in size.
Has nothing to do with opinion - it is nominally the same size as the LGT, while the A6 is larger and over 500lbs heavier.

As for msyself, the LGT is bigger than the Impreza as the A6 is the next larger sedan after the A4
What? how is that subjective reasoning? it's not even a sentence...

Yes, prioritizing the safety of the hypothetical family (#289) - as with you. I asked you this question to establish in my mind the reason for your analness with the A4.
Actually, my "analness" is more about saying that one car (the A4) is the same size as the LGT, while another car (the A6) is considerably larger and heavier - you, otoh, are implying that the LGT and A6 are comparable, which, again, is silly.

Because the A6 is closer to the LGT in terms of dimensons
closer, but still 7.7 inches longer, with a 5.7 inch longer wheelbase, and tipping the scales at a whopping 568lbs heavier

are you still skeptical with my line of reasoning?
you keep changing what you are "reasoning" about. And despite your assertion that I am being "skeptical" about your reasoning, I am not being skeptical of anything (maybe this is more of that made up definitions thing... it's so hard to tell :confused:)

To me man, not everything is about physical measurements as with your comparisons....
you referred to size - a physical quantity, and said you measured "size" in terms of "sacrifices". I'm not arguing that there are many reasons people prefer one vehicle over another (and even pointed that out in my last post, which apparently, you overlooked)

So, is my subjective reasoning still unacceptable to you? Is it because that you're still skeptical?
sigh. So what am I skeptical about again?
Nothing wrong with being skeptical. Ignorant is another matter altogether
So being ignorant by, say, making up new definitions for words, then trying to argue that doing so is valid because you are being "subjective"?

I feel sorry for you
:spin:

you are making the distinction between crossover SUV's and traditional body on frame SUVs. As someone mentioned the Explorer has already moved to a sedan based family wagon with a lift kit and the New Pathfinder has displayed as such as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Tribeca was more of an SUV than the Outback ever will be.

It's like saying an Audi Allroad is an SUV. How about a Volvo XC70? Nope. Lifted sedan-based family wagons.

Hell, even the Explorer is hardly an SUV any more with suspension lifted directly from the Taurus.

Just because true SUVs have been dumbed down to family-car status, doesn't mean you can call the Outback an SUV.

Calling the Outback an SUV would be like saying an Audi Allroad is the same as a Q7. Or an XC70 is the same as an XC90. Christ, you could even say that the Camry really is the same as a Sequoia.

Archived