LegacyGT.com

OFFICIAL 2013 Legacy Thread

LegGTLT

I was a temporary. Nothing big to them.

I don't remember signing a privacy disclosure? I might have.. I believe I signed my name about 50 times upon being hired.

It was a mistake.

I do like your attitude about all this. I've signed some waivers where I work but they were pretty clear about what I can't say. I've been a manager and hired people before and I can say that if you told me in an interview that you made a mistake and were let go for it, but because of it you have grown smarter and wiser I would look to hire you or at least not look down on you.

Long term this mistake won't define your career its just something that you'll look back at and admit was stupid as you've already done.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...you hate to see type of thing happen, especially in this economy. That being said, the pics posted were removed and I'm not sure these sites receive enough traffic to warrant such a reaction. I had no idea that SOA even watched this site, while a suspension or reprimand seems punishment enough imho termination seems unduly harsh. Hopefully you'll only be suspended and not terminated, if necessary perhaps you should the forum for a while.

While I don't think what you did would have a major negative impact on SOA, or their marketing plans, I can also see the other side of the coin. If you have access to confidential intellectual property, and have signed a non-disclosure/confidentiality agreement, I can see them sticking to their guns and "making an example" out of this case. It can jeopardize a company's success in such a competitive industry if leaks occur.

Again not saying I wish that on you, or that I think that your actions were extreme or out of maliciousness. Hopefully it is just a suspension and your temporary status is reinstated. You've already shown your integrity to me by stating you know you made a mistake and that kind of character will get you into another position down the road.

That's just outright unfair howard. You were just helping out fellow car enthusiasts, which is more than likely & would ultimately yield a positive effect on advertising for SOA, without any malicious intent whatsoever. You have sincerely voiced out your remorse which clearly illustrates you are a man of conscience. By that you're a lot better person than most people I know. It takes guts to admit a personal mistake. My sympathies are with you.

Sorry to hear howard. Hopefully things will look up. You made a mistake, and seeing that is a natural thing of humans--It should be forgiven.

What is really frustrating to me is my dealer cant even tell me if there will be 2013's LGTs available because Subaru wont release that info. If anything, that is impacting a sale on Subarus part. I actually have started considering other cars for my future purchases solely because I can not get an answer if 2013 LGT will be available.

Any ways, I stop complaining and wish you the best of luck if the worst case does become reality.

Take care

howard, I wish you luck moving forward. I hope that Subaru has the good sense to see that you understand that you made a mistake and have learned from it. you're a class act, & that's apparent from the response made by you relative to the situation.

please keep us posted.

I have a friend that writes for the automotive press here in the states with columns in Automobile & WSJ & others, as well as being a writer/personality on "The Car Show"; I think he would love to hear your story....

Sorry to hear this jhoward;

As a manager of people, I am ususally more lenient if the employee:

- accepts responsibility for the action

- acknowledges that the actions were wrong

- says that it will never happen again

- is passionate about the job/product (as you clearly are)!

I hope you get a chance to plead your case! I want you making my 12' GT.

J.

I don't remember signing a privacy disclosure? I might have.. I believe I signed my name about 50 times upon being hired.
That's probably the gotcha' - one or more of them probably mentioned something about you being in contact with new product and by signing you were agreeing not to disclose information on it before it was officially released or something like that...

Here's to hoping that they realize you were acting out of excitement about the new product, and not out of malice, and that it turns out to just be a short suspension!

Where's B4 god damn it!!?!?!?!?!?!? :mad::spin:

B4- I know you had something to do with this... :lol: Come on! Just tell us you talked to someone at SOA and asked them to tell Tide to pull these down. That's how it usually works when we get pics we're not supposed to have:

Pics > LGT.com > SOA > Tide > NO MORE PICS! :lol:

Whenever you post private company info (pics, financials, future products, etc) the company has the right to ask you to take it down or face lawyerville. That's what happened. SOA Blog is on NASIOC and is a direct arm of SOA, B4 is on here and is a direct arm of SOA pure car enthusiast. :p

apparently he has nothing more to say on the subject ....

nice work getting a guy fired, you must be very proud of yourself ... I'm sure he'll still be able to provide for himself right?

I really wanted to tell howard to take the pics down if he worked for Subaru as soon as I saw them posted. I feel really bad that I didn't warn him. I did fear this coming, but figured that no action had been taken yet, so what the heck. Just look up the words "fired leaks" You'll see this sort of thing isn't confined to Subaru or the automotive business. That's why when you guys push, push, push... I don't budge. I was told years ago by our family friend that telling too much online would straight up get him fired. The Internet is serious businesses.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That sucks Mr. Howard...

...but the company I work for makes contractors/temps sign NDA's whether they're on site for 1 hour or 1 year...not only would you never be asked back, you'd be facing legal action as well.

Hopefully it all works out for you.

My stomach dropped when I first read what happened late yesterday. I feel really bad for HowardJ, but I can understand SOA's response. I work at a major consumer packaged goods company and they have made us very aware that not only would we be terminated, but that we would potentially also be sued for any lost revenue.

I don't think there is any question that you're heart was in the right place. I'm sorry that you're going through this, and I hope that it doesn't come back to also bite you in the wallet.

My stomach dropped when I first read what happened late yesterday. I feel really bad for HowardJ, but I can understand SOA's response. I work at a major consumer packaged goods company and they have made us very aware that not only would we be terminated, but that we would potentially also be sued for any lost revenue.

I don't think there is any question that you're heart was in the right place. I'm sorry that you're going through this, and I hope that it doesn't come back to also bite you in the wallet.

Yeah these leaks can cost a company a lot of money and destroy very carefully planned releases that people but a lot of work into. He's lucky he's only getting fired and not sued too. Sorry you had to learn your lesson the hard way Howard.

I am guessing this is floating around this forum somewhere already, but figured I would post just in case...

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/03/29/subaru-releases-2013-legacy-outback-details-ahead-of-new-york-d/

I did not see the info Howard posted.... just found this thread actually.

"The Legacy 2.5GT model is discontinued for 2013."

Well that sucks

I really wanted to tell howard to take the pics down if he worked for Subaru as soon as I saw them posted. I feel really bad that I didn't warn him. I did fear this coming, but figured that no action had been taken yet, so what the heck. Just look up the words "fired leaks" You'll see this sort of thing isn't confined to Subaru or the automotive business. That's why when you guys push, push, push... I don't budge. I was told years ago by our family friend that telling too much online would straight up get him fired. The Internet is serious businesses.

I feel the same way. As soon as he started giving details I was worried and then the pictures, I knew it was over. This is corporate espionage and insider information. We could of all traded on the leaked pictures. I guarantee as soon as you work at a plant you sign a NDA. I hope him the best especially as the official pics/details came out hours later (possibly due to the leak?).

wow, it's official for no 2013 legacy GT. Hopefully they have a replacement manual turbo model for their larger vehicles.

Like what ? Tribeca ? I'd take one with turbo 3.6 and 6 speed :lol:

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Yeah these leaks can cost a company a lot of money and destroy very carefully planned releases that people but a lot of work into. He's lucky he's only getting fired and not sued too. Sorry you had to learn your lesson the hard way Howard.

Well said.

Wow. I thought it might be possible.......... but didn't think it would REALLY actually happen. Damn. No more GT.

Shit gentleman. It's a day of mourning. :spin: I thought when the 2010 came out it was tough, but that's like having a relative who's half retarded: you still love them in that special way. This is like having that relative killed. :sadpanda:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Archived