LegacyGT.com

OFFICIAL 2013 Legacy Thread

LegGTLT

All the haters make me laugh...I'll probably actually trade for the 2013, of course I'm never one for the popular vote either.

Yep, I'm a real hater. Only owned three Subarus :rolleyes:

The post-2010s are just not very good looking.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ssbtech... you are a hater... and often wrong.

Subaru never ceases to confuse me. They dropped the GT and brought back the Outback Sport? :rolleyes:

Come on now, this is Subaru we're talking about.

Outback sport never died... and the GT is still available globally.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm actually surprised they went ahead and killed the 2.5GT... I wonder if that's true for all markets, or just the US? I guess they are trying to eliminate the EJ series engines altogether - now it's just the WRX and STi, and we know those are going to change when they are revised...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/now-know-why-legacy-always-looked-camry-31034.html?t=31034

Even 4G'ers think their cars look like Camrys. Honestly, what doesn't looks like something else these days? Who cares?

I wonder if we'll see the 5th gen LGT engine in something else. It's a great engine and a big step up from the previous generation GT.

Ummmmm... I'll let someone else step into that one. :lol: Can someone explain that an EJ is an EJ and that parts that are attached to it are a different thing?

EDIT: Thank you SLA. :lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Give me that 2 liter turbo diesel in the Legacy with a 5/6-speed manual and I'd be happy as a clam in mud. I like the performance of the 2.5-GT, but I don't need it really.

I would love to get my hands on a turbo diesel legacy as well.

tell them what? that a different turbo, factory equal length headers, and the turbo bolted directly to the headers is the reason that they make so much power?

I think they know

Christ, they're ugly AND they lost the "boxer" rumble?

So they canned the GT for 2013...well shit they diluted it and left it for dead for 2010+ anyways without any significant upgrades or updates who else isn't surprised or shocked by this? it sucks but the 5th gen GT sucks anyways compared to the 4th. I was hoping for a full redesign at least,my god the 5th is ugly. The problem with the 5th gen Leg is it's just too mainstream,it screams plain and anonymous. The 4th was a niche vehicle and it was special.

So for 2013 it also gets a 3hp bump for the base? wtf...the base legacy should have atleast 180-200HP by now. Subaru please do geared automatics again please? stop with the CVT transmission bullshit!! nonsense PLEASE?! How is it that the GT is gone but the 3.6 gets to continue on aswell? huh? atleast they still make that though and atleast it has a real automatic transmission,vs the BS CVT. Now if that came in a manual and a turbo H6 that would be siiick but for the 6th gen not 5th.Yes while the new one has a 6 speed manual vs the 4th gens 5spd and a CVT,vs the 4th gen 4 speed but so what? the 5th gen lost it's sportiness and driving dynamics and it's fcking huuuuge.

What I don't get is the 2013 gets darker headlights,but the 12 WRX gets chrome?! huh? also by the way I took a look at a new 12 Impreza hatch,the other day it is fugly,it looks like a matrix,and the side mirrors look hideous. I do wonder and hope Ford atleast makes an AWD performance Fusion in the future,because it looks like the future of performance Legacys,are long gone. So they get rid of the GT and bring the XV sportcross over with the same anemic 148HP as the new Impreza? This doesn't make any sense. First the Legacy became ugly for 2010 and the Impreza for 2012,then possibly the 2013-14 Forester..atleast the BRZ is awesome,and i hope to god the next gen WRX will be too. Please Subaru be the special and unique niche brand you've always been,don't go mainstream otherwise you'll be just like Toyota and Honda!!

I'm holding out hope for the return of the hood scoop on the 6th gen. This isn't the first time there was no turbo legacy...

I'm also holding out hope that the 6th gen will look more like the Advanced Tourer Concept than the 5th gen legacy.

Don't give up hope!

I'm holding out hope for the return of the hood scoop on the 6th gen. This isn't the first time there was no turbo legacy...

I'm also holding out hope that the 6th gen will look more like the Advanced Tourer Concept than the 5th gen legacy.

Don't give up hope!

I am quite confident they will axe the 3.6R and offer the GT in AT and MT, the trend of downsizing from numerous manufacturers (including Subaru with its 2.0L for the Impreza) will make the turbo a more viable thing than a 3.6L engine.

I also think they will also eventually get their turbo's to run on 87 octane like Hyundai... if SOA didnt have their heads up their ass on that one at least.

Don't give up hope!

Yeah like that'll ever happen..the concept 5th gen was awesome,but look how the production model looked? LOL also look at the sedan Impreza concept from a few years ago,and look how the new Impreza sedan looks!...one can only hope the tourer will be bad ass,one can only hope. Atleast the FT86 concepts and BRZ look close to the concept versions. Although i wish the BRZ had the STI concept rear end that was sexyyy. The BRZ still is awesome though,will the STI version get the concepts rear? hopefully. Also look at Honda's concepts of the 9th gen civic,and the production civic heh,and the Accord concept vs production. Why can't automakers just make their concepts close to production reality as much as possible? like I said already atleast the BRZ concept and the production car came out practically the same which is a good thing.

Let's wait on the new wrx with the fb turbo configuration. Chances are there will be some news of the legacy gt's return by then, as they tend to share engines. It's the most logical way for subaru to go IMHO.

I am quite confident they will axe the 3.6R and offer the GT in AT and MT, the trend of downsizing from numerous manufacturers (including Subaru with its 2.0L for the Impreza) will make the turbo a more viable thing than a 3.6L engine.

I also think they will also eventually get their turbo's to run on 87 octane like Hyundai... if SOA didnt have their heads up their ass on that one at least.

Whoever is running SOA needs to get their act together. They should do an early full redesign of the Legacy already and bring back the GT and make a Legacy GT STI Spec.B for limited numbers again with direct injection,bilstein shocks,torsen diff and STI 6 speed again and brembo brakes. Also the Forester needs to up it's game,the XT is pathetic right now with it's 4 speed auto and 220HP vs the Kia Sportage SX 260HP and it has a 6 speed auto vs the fozzys 4speed! The BRZ is HOT! and they are working on the STI version so it's going to be awesome. The next gen WRX should be getting the turbo FA20 engine/motor with 270HP and direct injection which is in development right now,it'll be awesome. They need to bring back the Legacy wagon aswell and maybe even a Legacy hatchback. A new Justy would be amazing too since Ford is bringing the ST version of their fiesta and Fiat is making an abarth 500. Could you imagine an STI Justy? woooot! they also should make a Turbo XT Outback and Outback Sport but the new Impreza and Outbacks are ugly. Call it the Outback Sport GT or Outback Sport Turbo. A Return of an Impreza RS would be nice aswell with 200HP but I dont think it'll happen. The RS is long gone sadly.

Let's wait on the new wrx with the fb turbo configuration. Chances are there will be some news of the legacy gt's return by then, as they tend to share engines. It's the most logical way for subaru to go IMHO.

The next gen WRX will be getting a turbo version of the BRZ's FA20 with direct injection. A new LGT in the pipeline would be awesome and fantastic news hopefully it will return after a short hiatus. Hopefully by the time the 6th gen comes out it'll return. The only cars that will be sharing the FB20-25 will be the Impreza,Forester and Legacy. Although i am curious as to why the Impreza only has 148HP vs the outgoing 11's 170. Maybe it'll get some tweaks and upgrades here and there for 13?

With you there delta. Axe the ez & derive the rest from the fb, as hyundai took away the v6 from the sonata. Thought the fa was most prolly for the sti, aside from the brz. Lots of potential from these engines esp the fa.. Wrc?

Archived