LegacyGT.com

OFFICIAL 2013 Legacy Thread

LegGTLT

I'd compare 5g GT to 4g GT but I have yet to see one 5g GT on the road... Anyway, to bring this back OT -I'd take one on the right side please.

161626436_LGT5thGenrearwithoutback.jpg.ca73c935b6162745b470321111c1bc4d.jpg

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see US plates (NY)...is that a lowered Outback (one on the right) or...?

EDM 5th gen LGT wagon with manufacturer plates - perhaps some road test ? Pictures are not mine, another member got them in (afaik) Oregon ? I might be wrong on the location but this was not that long ago.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

It's a Legacy wagon, the question is what is it doing in the US?

That's an interesting question, but maybe someone moved to the US bringing it in that way.

And it looks very much like the one I have. No Hood scoop means that it's a 2.0i, 2.5i or possibly a 3.6. But the dual exhausts that are visible makes it more likely to be a 2.5i or 3.6, but best bet is a 2.5i.

If it had a hood scoop it could have been either the GT or a diesel.

And the mirrors has turn indicators too, which indicates that it's taken from Europe.

453747.png

I'm a little surprised - and a little disappointed! - that the mid-cycle refresh apparently isn't coming until 2014. The 4th Gen ran for 3 years (2005, 2006, & 2007) before the refresh (2008 & 2009). So Subaru apears to be stretching that out with 4 years of the 5th Gen (2010-2013) before the re-fresh. But that may just be a sign that Subaru has been happy with how the current car has been selling.

The one thing I can't get past on the current car is the massive headlights; I greatly dislike those. So I'm looking forward to the eventual refresh, which should include new headlights, taillights, bumpers, fenders, and grille.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Why would they refresh it for 2014 when the new model is supposed to come out in 2015?

Yeah, they wouldn't do that. So either:

A) mid-cycle refresh in 2013, with an all-new model for 2015 or 2016

B) mid-cycle refresh in 2014, with an all-new model for 2016 or 2017

C) no midcycle re-fresh at all, with an all-new model in for 2015

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Is that a hood scoop as well?? Dang! I think I may be holding out on purchasing a 4th gen... at least until I get more info for the next model. If it is offered in a turbo'd wagon with a manual, I am definitely holding out!

Side view:

The first picture was of the Legacy next to an Outback. Because of the colour temperature of the photo, I had to look three times before I realized the side view was of the Legacy. I could have sworn the Legacy left and you took the photo of the Outback.

According to the Subaru website the NYIAS (Easter '12) will show the refreshed '13 Leggy and Outback. I really hope they look like the Advanced Tourer Concept with the big grill and square headlights (very Audi).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/D0WNxSH1ft/NYIAS12.jpg

Archived