LegacyGT.com

OFFICIAL 2013 Legacy Thread

LegGTLT

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whoever is running SOA needs to get their act together. They should do an early full redesign of the Legacy already and bring back the GT and make a Legacy GT STI Spec.B for limited numbers again with direct injection,bilstein shocks,torsen diff and STI 6 speed again and brembo brakes. Also the Forester needs to up it's game,the XT is pathetic right now with it's 4 speed auto and 220HP vs the Kia Sportage SX 260HP and it has a 6 speed auto vs the fozzys 4speed!

Do you realize what a small portion of Subaru's market people like you and I make up? In terms of business, Subaru is doing everything right in marketing their cars to the mainstream. You don't make money by selling small production numbers to a group of enthusiasts as a car company unless those cars are very exclusive (i.e., lambo, ferrari, etc), no matter how devoted they are, you'll never sell enough cars by marketing to them. Americans don't buy cars like anyone on this forum, PERIOD.

Everything you've described, while great for tuners (and believe me, I'd LOVE to see a 350hp legacy, i'd buy it in a heartbeat), would spell death for Subaru's currently EXPANDING profitability. The REASON Subaru is doing so much better over the past 5yrs is because they have been largely ignoring the 2% of their market that is tuners/enthusiasts and marketing towards the mainstream average car buyer. Do I like it? No. Does my opinion matter for Subaru? Absolutely not.

You can keep complaining and wishing this differential and that transmission and :spin: all you want, but nothing you've mentioned above is going to happen to the legacy. Subaru is going to do what's best for their bottom line, and that's that. 98% of people who buy foresters have no idea there's a 4 speed auto in there, and couldn't care less. It works, it's cheap, it sells, why change it right now if it's not profitable to do so.

Subaru has created a distinct "sports car" lineup with the wrx/sti (which they have purposely distanced from the impreza name) and the new BRZ. The rest of the offerings will be quite toyota-ish, and that is WHAT'S WORKING FOR SUBARU.

People seem to forget with car manufacturers that they are businesses like any other, and the bottom line is not about staying true to any kind of "roots" or "tradition" or what have you, but what makes $$$. If mainstream = $$$, then mainstream it will be. This is not a dumb company (you can interpret "dumb" however you want, I'm sure you think that ditching the LGT was dumb, while I'd argue it was a wise decision from a purely profit standpoint).

/end rant

One more thing:

There is a reason why Subaru started doing dramatically better when Toyota signed with them back in 2006. Quit denying the truth, and accept that America wants camry's. Maybe we don't, but the rest of the country obviously does. $$$ doesn't lie.

Hey LegGTLT,

partially thanks to SOA killing GT your thread may even get to whole 1/20th of posts in my old Legacy thread

:D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Hey LegGTLT,

partially thanks to SOA killing GT your thread may even get to whole 1/20th of posts in my old Legacy thread

:D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol: Which old Legacy thread was that? Did you start the 2010? I see we're halfway to the 2012 total!!! :lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I am crazy. it doesn't make it less plausible & certainly doesn't make you seem like less of a douche for finding humor in it.

The laughing was at your accusation not at Howard getting fired. I already weighed in on that.

Uh I would hope in 4 years they'd be able to figure out how to make the car transition no slower than it did before.

How to make a bigger car without branded struts transition the same in one review and faster in another with less roll.

One more thing:

There is a reason why Subaru started doing dramatically better when Toyota signed with them back in 2006. Quit denying the truth, and accept that America wants camry's. Maybe we don't, but the rest of the country obviously does. $$$ doesn't lie.

GM had a larger stake than Toyota does now before 2006. All but the BRZ and 2012 impreza were designed and began development during the GM era.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GM had a larger stake than Toyota does now before 2006. All but the BRZ and 2012 impreza were designed and began development during the GM era.

Yes, and we all know how well GM did after 2006 :lol:.

You're actually helping to prove my point, not refute it. Subaru increased it's market share after getting help from Toyota (which if they signed in 2006 w/ Subaru, their influence probably started showing in models produced around 2009, aka, 5th gen!)

How to make a bigger car without branded struts transition the same in one review and faster in another with less roll.

Is that a book title or something?

Again, one would think that a car manufacturer could provide the same sort of dampening that at least a 4 year old, entry level, "branded" strut can.

Subaru messed with the suspension on the gt almost very year. Physics plays the biggest roll. My point still stands its is not dynamically inferior to the bl. It handles better even with with its size and much better ride quality.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:lol: Which old Legacy thread was that? Did you start the 2010? I see we're halfway to the 2012 total!!! :lol:

I believe it was 2010 thread and it was closed after it reached 10K posts (even after some deleting by mods). Good times when people still cared about Subaru Legacy :lol::lol::lol:

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Making money is important for an automaker, in the short term its bad for us but becoming more profitable will hopefully allow Subaru to spend more R&D dollars. Notice the 23 year old EJ is being phased out... Everyone keeps talking about the "Toyotafication" but Toyota used to make sports cars, they shifted toward making products that make them money. Subaru needs to do this now, the economy is down. People clearly are not purchasing their performance oriented products right now. MPGs are what matters in the eyes of the vast majority of America.

Sure I still have my LGT, it's 7 years old, it's paid for. It's cheaper for me to keep it and buy expensive gas/Maintenance. I still get to enjoy driving it. Sure it's getting old, Sure I would like to replace it with a newer model (not a 5th gen, EWW!:spin:), but financially that doesn't make a lot of sense right now. We just purchased an 11 FXT, at $30,000+ it's reasonably fun and is also a good vehicle for the children we plan to have in the next 1-2 years. At 26 I am in the same fiscially responsible phase of life that Subaru is in now. Hopefully once our future kids are a little older and related expenses decrease I will be able to get a new toy. If I am lucky it will be a Subaru, If they followed the advice of some they would be bankrupt in a few years, and I wouldnt get to buy a new one in 10 or 15 years.

Making money is important for an automaker, in the short term its bad for us but becoming more profitable will hopefully allow Subaru to spend more R&D dollars. Notice the 23 year old EJ is being phased out... Everyone keeps talking about the "Toyotafication" but Toyota used to make sports cars, they shifted toward making products that make them money. Subaru needs to do this now, the economy is down. People clearly are not purchasing their performance oriented products right now. MPGs are what matters in the eyes of the vast majority of America.

THANK YOU! Couldn't have said it better myself! Let's get back into reality peoples!

.....and btw, I was a huge fan of the Supra and the OG MR2, I miss those cars. Yes, toyota MADE sports cars in the 90's....I think they're trying to rekindle that a bit with the FT86.

Insideline:

61.1 mph BL GT

67 mph BL Spec.B

67.7 mph BM GT

The point was that Subaru is class competitive in power. It's actually not too bad off in weight either. Most of those cars are close in weight and several weigh more. Subaru offers more standard equipment for the money than pretty much everyone excluding the Koreans. That's without taking into account standard "quality" AWD and the economies of scale discrepancy. Subaru does fall down on available bells and whistles for sure.

Let's not twist my words...

The split window is part of the reason the Impreza gets 36 mpg. The A pillar is moved forward and the windshield is raked to get better aerodynamics. The difference in where the a pillar was and where it is now is larger than the window is and can't be rolled up or down. Subaru could have stuck a massive black plastic piece there and fitted side mirrors in the normal spot, but they chose to turn it into extra visibility and move the mirrors to the best location for aero and visibility. I do agree the mirrors could have been styled better, but the split window is better than the alternative. Have you noticed BRZ has a split window and side mounted mirrors?

http://www.car0-60.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/2013-Subaru-BRZ-Exterior-Front-Side.jpg

nope... but it's a fast seller

The split window works well/good/excellent with the BRZ,because it's not really that noticeable and actually flows very well/good with the overall design/theme and look of the car,vs the 12 Impreza which the split window is bigger and is definitely more noticeable and ugly.

The split window works well/good/excellent with the BRZ,because it's not really that noticeable and actually flows very well/good with the overall design/theme and look of the car,vs the 12 Impreza which the split window is bigger and is definitely more noticeable and ugly.

But the mirrors are ON THE DOOR!!!:lol:

I hope the stupid a pillar/window mirror design won't be a design trend on other models,god thats hideously ugly. Wtf is going on with Subaru?

I do wonder if the Legacy will get a mid cycle redesign or full for next year. If so it better not get the stupid a pillar/window big mirror on the door treatment.

and honestly this new trend of big mirrors/a pillar window on the door needs to stop,it's stupid as hell and looks ridiculous. I don't care if it's for efficiency it looks dumb as hell.

Oh sweet, sweet contradiction...:rolleyes:

At least it doesn't have SVX windows... those are ridiculous.

I believe it was 2010 thread and it was closed after it reached 10K posts (even after some deleting by mods). Good times when people still cared about Subaru Legacy :lol::lol::lol:

My god that thread was FANTASTIC! :D Such a great emotional battle in there over months and months. :lol:

Everyone caring so much to see their beloved car trashed and blown up to create the USDM 5th Gen. I don't care about the dynamics, the stats, which one was faster, slower, etc... I love my car for the looks it had from day one. I just couldn't say it for the 5th Gen. I would still buy a 5th Gen in a heartbeat, but it would have to be JDM/EDM to get rid of Outback fenders on a sedan. :(

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

But the mirrors are ON THE DOOR!!!:lol:

Oh sweet, sweet contradiction...:rolleyes:

At least it doesn't have SVX windows... those are ridiculous.

Yes the mirrors are on the doors but it still looks amazing. It actually flows with the car though. Have you seen a 12 civic coupe lately? yuuuck it has a huge split window but it's hideous. It would be funny if you could open those tiny windows like on on old fords and chevys lol but only on the bigger windows like on the fit and Impreza have a little swivel out door.

well the 2010+ are just ugly looking cars. No disrespect but the younger generation wants something sporty and looks good. Not something that a old grandma drives.
I'm in my early 20's and purchased a 2012 Legacy 3.6R Limited because I wanted something classy and somewhat sporty. If I wanted a car to compensate for a low ego I would have gotten the fastest Roush Mustang or a G37X Coupe :lol: but I could honestly care less about what other people think of me, the Legacy in general, including even the older GT are not extremely sporty compared to a 2 door AWD power machine anyways. I bet the majority of people who own legacies from what I see have them because of practicality in its size and pretty much topping in everything else including safety and AWD system.

All kidding aside, different people have different taste's. Where I am from Subaru's are not common at all, but the comments I have gotten about mine have been very positive and nobody has dared compared it to the Camry and while it doesn't have as many sporty curves as even a Hyundai Sonata, its still a damn good reliable Subaru no matter how you look at it :D.

Archived