LegacyGT.com

OFFICIAL 2013 Legacy Thread

LegGTLT

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Summary of changes to 2.5i trims:

• 2.5L FB engine, slight hp/torque/mpg increases (173hp, 174 lb-ft, 24/32 mpg w/ CVT); 6-cyl unchanged
  • "greater low-end torque across a broad speed range"
  • changes to reduce vibration, and reduce body roll "by up to 40 percent"

• 2.5i:
    • Bluetooth phone/audio streaming, iPod control
    • steering wheel audio/cruise controls
    • auto headlight function
    • brake override system (cut engine power when both brake and accelerator pressed simultaneously)

[*]Premium:

• CVT standard
    • 17" alloys standard (were 16")
    • option packages:
      • All Weather Package
      • Power Moonroof
      • Harman Kardon 440w, 9 speaker w/ sub, 4.3" display audio system w/ XM (4 mo. trial)

[*]Limited:

• Rear AC outlet
    • HK audio package
    • electro-luminescent instrument cluster, w/ 3.5" color info display
    • Optional nav system: 7" touch screen, voice control, rear camera, SD slot for updates

[*]Other options (not sure which trims):

• Keyless Access & Start System: start/stop ignition switch, unlock door/trunk by touch while carrying key fob
    • EyeSight system: Adaptive cruise, pre-collision braking, lane departure warning

I guess the HK package sounds like the same as 2012.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2012/03/legacy628.jpg

That sucks...I always said if anything happened to my current GT, I'd get another one. I like my '08 that much. I want AWD, a good power plant, manual transmission and a car that is practical. Legacy GT is all these things for me at a right price. Sadly that car will be gone and so I will shop with others for my next one.

As much as I like to see Subaru do well it's terrible that they are moving towards Toyotaville...uninspiring transportation from point-A to point-B. The new ToyBaru sedan is not most of the things listed above, or is it a Subaru, but a Toyota with a Subaru engine.

With their nod towards Toyotaville, hopefully their lineup will not go entirely towards beige transportation, like Toyota did for over a decade, but they will still build some cars that people who care what they drive will want to buy, because I’m excited about a Toyota product as much as I’m excited about a tax audit... No that is not right, tax audits can get my heart rate up and that is a lot more than a Toyota ever could.

Subaru's handling of howardj posting photos that showed nothing more than what we pretty much already knew disappoints me. Subaru's termination of the GT model disappoints me even more. Combined, this just cost SOA a sale.

Hell, the fact that the GT is discontinued is creating more hype than their eyesight or any other revisions in the legacy/outback line up FWIW.

Yes... but only on an enthusiast forum. ;)

I'm a huge fan of the GT. I love it. But something over time has grown in me like that giant black blob in the Fifth Element. Call it cynicism but it's that sinking feeling that it wasn't ever going to come back around after the 2010. I want to fight, rant, rave about it... but what's the point? Everything we do on here is a microscopic voice of one small community that will never influence SOA or anything to do with Subaru. The best way to describe it would be that day you discover that no matter what you do, a relationship you're in is done. Over. It hurts, but there's closure. You have to move on now.

Spun- They went that direction 3 years ago and never looked back. GT sales were so small this isn't changing a direction for SOA, it's cementing it. They redid the entire front fascia, it's in the release Wraith linked from.

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Spun- They went that direction 3 years ago and never looked back. GT sales were so small this isn't changing a direction for SOA, it's cementing it.

I guess I can't really fault them for dumping a slow selling premium model in a bad economy.

Moving forward, the new XV has really caught my eye. I'll be watching that one for compatibility with aftermarket parts & perhaps a future performance edition of the car.

/back to enjoying the **** out of my '06 :)

By Andrew Ganz Thursday, Mar 29th, 2012 @ 9:15 AM

Subaru's hot-selling Legacy sedan gets a modestly revised look and a number of mid-cycle updates for 2013, but perhaps the biggest news is that the company's enthusiast-oriented turbo model has been discontinued.

Wraith... : The answer may not yet be possible, but I am curious as to your best call: If the CVT will be standard on the 2013 Premium, does this mean that the 6MT is still available as an option on the Premium (at a higher cost), or will the 6MT be relegated to the base Legacy only, as happened to the 2012 Ford Fusion, and other cars, in 2012?

Best.

Byll

Moving forward, the new XV has really caught my eye. I'll be watching that one for compatibility with aftermarket parts & perhaps a future performance edition of the car.

Car & Driver didnt have much nice to say about the PERFORMANCE of the XV...

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-subaru-xv-crosstrek-first-drive-review

"As in the new

Impreza, the XV’s flat-four is a letdown. With only 148 horses, acceleration is tepid. Plus, the XV transformation adds 50 to 100 pounds to an Impreza wagon. We expect a quarter-mile sprint of 16.8 seconds with the five-speed manual; add a few 10ths with the optional CVT. If the engine were a torque monster, you wouldn’t need to downshift to climb slight grades. But with 145 lb-ft at 4200 rpm, it isn’t, and so you do. The weak engine lets down a fairly athletic chassis."

The 2013 Outback gets memory seats:

http://media.subaru.com/index.php?s=43&item=310

Enhanced Interior Comfort and Convenience

New, more comfortable seat fabric, and a new light matte wood grain trim provide a sophisticated appearance. The Outback Limited models for 2013 offer a new Special Appearance Package option that provides a Keyless Access & Start system along with a two-position memory system for the already-standard 10-way power driver's seat. With the Keyless Access & Start system, the driver, while carrying the remote control in a pocket or purse, can unlock the car by touching the door handle button. The rear gate also has an unlock touch sensor.

That review is predictable given the published stats. I would honestly expect it to be a year or two before they created a new trim with a hotter engine etc.

Also it'll be a while before somebody tries an STI swap. I'm not likely to be the first, but I'll be watching to see whether it is possible and whether the ecosystem grows to support that.

Wraith... : The answer may not yet be possible, but I am curious as to your best call: If the CVT will be standard on the 2013 Premium, does this mean that the 6MT is still available as an option on the Premium (at a higher cost), or will the 6MT be relegated to the base Legacy only, as happened to the 2012 Ford Fusion, and other cars, in 2012?

Best.

Byll

I just pulled my info from the Subaru press release, posted at the bottom of the Autoblog article linked previously. And I didn't see anything about whether the manual would be available or not on the Premium.

My guess (purely a guess) is that it'll now be like the Limited - CVT only. Since there aren't all that many cars/trims out there with an auto or CVT standard and the manual is optional. The Buick Regal turbo (non-GS) is the only one that comes to mind, and you don't save anything by choosing the manual option.

The Outback Limited models for 2013 offer a new Special Appearance Package option that provides a Keyless Access & Start system along with a two-position memory system for the already-standard 10-way power driver's seat.

Well that's something anyway. The goalposts moved. Now... are these systems linked? Can I assign a seat position to one key fob and a different one to the other, so the seat starts adjusting based on which key is used?

...and how long until they get the mirrors tied in?

/feature creep. The only creep you'll ever need, at least until next year.

Subaru never ceases to confuse me. They dropped the GT and brought back the Outback Sport? :rolleyes:

Can I assign a seat position to one key fob and a different one to the other, so the seat starts adjusting based on which key is used?

Come on now, this is Subaru we're talking about.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-subaru-xv-crosstrek-first-drive-review

"As in the new

Impreza, the XV’s flat-four is a letdown. With only 148 horses, acceleration is tepid. Plus, the XV transformation adds 50 to 100 pounds to an Impreza wagon. We expect a quarter-mile sprint of 16.8 seconds with the five-speed manual; add a few 10ths with the optional CVT. If the engine were a torque monster, you wouldn’t need to downshift to climb slight grades. But with 145 lb-ft at 4200 rpm, it isn’t, and so you do. The weak engine lets down a fairly athletic chassis."

Give me that 2 liter turbo diesel in the Legacy with a 5/6-speed manual and I'd be happy as a clam in mud. I like the performance of the 2.5-GT, but I don't need it really.

Yeah, if I lost my job because of it id be posting them like a motherfucker. Not to mention, how did they even find out who you are?

Read the thread... he used his last name and first initial to post. Not hard to find a temp worker with those two items of info.

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Archived