LegacyGT.com

OFFICIAL 2013 Legacy Thread

LegGTLT

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I meant how were pictures on the internet posted under a screen name tied to you personally so quickly? I'm really sorry it happened, but I'm confused how in such a short time you lost your job from posting anonymously on an online forum.
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

****... I love your passion Howard, and I sure as hell think you should still have your job.

That'd be nice. But they don't see it that way. Which is understandable, now.

I just honestly wasn't thinking about confidentiality issues.

Everyone makes mistakes. This one just cost me a career.

I meant how were pictures on the internet posted under a screen name tied to you personally so quickly? I'm really sorry it happened, but I'm confused how in such a short time you lost your job from posting anonymously on an online forum.

I honestly don't know. I do know that SOA is looking at this forum.

It was incredibly fast, but I do admit that it was my fault.

Please tell me Howard is not your first name and J is not your last inital.

So they called you in to your boss' office and showed you the forum posts? How did it happen?

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Yeah.. I'm just that dumb. That's how it was linked so quick, in assuming. That is my username for everything. Except, you have it backwards.

I got to work and they took me upstairs to show me the printed pages of this forum and naosic and asked me questions.

I didn't think those pictures would have a negative effect on subarus.

They are genuinely smartly built cars. I recommend them to all of my friends and family that is looking for a new vehicle. They are roomy, AWD, good gas mileage, and well priced for what you get. And safety, they are the only automobiles made so that the front axle and engine are mounted TOGETHER which means that if you get in a head on collision, the engine goes under you, not into you.

I didn't mean to ruin, per se, the surprise. Just thought it'd be nice for you fellow car enthusiasts to have an idea of what you might potentially be buying.

It's a great car. Didn't mean any harm.

That's why I think you getting let go was a bit hasty as you certainly did not mean harm towards SOA.

If you ask me though.... through a marketing standpoint this does create hype and word of mouth advertising, even if its just a little.

I mean... all that hype with the BRZ/FT86 has certainly led to its success in Japan, where the sales has surpassed their expectations, and never has a Subaru been so well marketed... ever.

Leaks only help the company when they want it to. This clearly was not that time.

If SOA has been preparing for the launch of this at NYIAS as much as they appear to be, they clearly did not want it to be ruined. So they took the quickest route possible to make the biggest impact possible: fire the individual.

SOA, now that we know you listen and watch us I want to tell you that you made a mistake. Coming from a multiple Subaru family you made a mistake. Should the pictures have been posted, no. But everyone deserves a second chance, the changes aren't even that big of a deal really, if you thought you had done something so special in those pictures to justify firing someone I'm sorry to tell you that you didn't.

We all screw up, its human nature but now you're going to hire someone who may not have as much experience and will just screw up on something else. You build people by working with them not firing them. I mean are the engineers who created the shakes still there? You lost more customers that way than photos will ever cause.

Everyone makes mistakes. This one just cost me a career.
That's insane. I have no idea in what capacity you worked for them, or if you had signed an agreement which specifically stated you wouldn't release info, or something like that - if that were the case, well, I guess I can see why they did it - if not, I think they dramatically overreacted - it's not as though the images cost them anything at all in terms of sales/revenue/reputation, or would prevent folks from seeing the real deal officially at the auto show in a few weeks.

Are they really going to go out of their way to ruin your career? What sort of work do you do?

SOA, now that we know you listen and watch us I want to tell you that you made a mistake. Coming from a multiple Subaru family you made a mistake. Should the pictures have been posted, no. But everyone deserves a second chance, the changes aren't even that big of a deal really, if you thought you had done something so special in those pictures to justify firing someone I'm sorry to tell you that you didn't.

We all screw up, its human nature but now you're going to hire someone who may not have as much experience and will just screw up on something else. You build people by working with them not firing them. I mean are the engineers who created the shakes still there? You lost more customers that way than photos will ever cause.

Well said...

Archived