• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I thought of that too, and did a quick calc in my head:

R1 = 800kg (1763.7 lbs)

Double that, and it's pretty close to the Legacy:

1600kg (3527.4 lbs)

Double the HP: 63 x 2 = 126hp

That's pretty low for a Legacy or Impreza.

Then you're dependent on low gearing to get decent performance.

All we need is frank_ster come up with drop-in replacement engine :lol:

I think for 2013 Legacy will get revised CVT.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

When I was at the Chicago auto show, I stopped by the Subaru booth and asked a few questions about the 2013 LGT. The guy said he had heard a couple "rumors" of cooled front seats and a passenger seat that raises and lowers. I asked about the changing of the Nav unit and he flat out said no and went on to praise how good it is and citied several of its specs. I also asked if he heard anything about a possible Spec B in the near future. The guy mentioned he would love it if they did, but he hadn't heard any plans to do so. I just thought I would pass on that info for what ever it's worth.

I would love to see the LGT remain on the menu... I have yet to see a 2010+ LGT on the road to be honest though. I think they really did set it up for failure. It's ugly of course to begin so that cuts out the younger consumers (I wouldn't ever trade my 4th gen for a 5th). It's also gotten more expensive, with Limited trim being the only option. furthermore its only available with a 6MT. I personally woulnt want it any other way but Grandpa isn't going to buy a car with a 6MT, They effectively cock-blocked themselves by removing the 5EAT from the GT Trim.

I see new Legacys every day, all over. I don't know how many of those are 3.6R's but I am sure at least a few are. I wonder what the numbers are on the 3.6R models comparatively. I wouldn't be surprised to see the LGT go away, I won't like it but such is business. Subaru did the model a terrible disservice, hopefully they will make up with that in coming years with the new WRX. I won't buy one of those either however, Insurance premiums on any car bearing that name are immediately increased and thats one of the reasons I own an LGT today (3 Years ago when purchased WRX was $1000 more annually to insure)

• Mega Users

I think all of this hybrid talk may get in the way of an LGT.

Possibly a limited spec version? Probably not. I don't think LGT either.

Impreza STIs, and 4 and 5 door grocery getters in stock for 2014.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

What?Why?

I love VW's TDI engine. almost 600 miles to the tank from Jetta TDI What's wrong with that. Plus with the gas prices these days. It makes Diesel looks cheaper lol

Idk where your from.. but I live in an area with some of the highest gas prices in the country and the highest gas tax in the u.s.

Diesel is still 25-35 cents more expensive than gasoline. And that's type II ULSD.

I would love to see a diesel, or even a LP set up.. but we are years from LP here and subarus current diesels suck.

What?Why?

I love VW's TDI engine. almost 600 miles to the tank from Jetta TDI What's wrong with that. Plus with the gas prices these days. It makes Diesel looks cheaper lol

A comparable turbo diesel will always be more economical than a hybrid engine, period. Whether you look at it from an environmental standpoint (producing those cars and especially the batteries creates an enormous carbon footprint, not to mention the eventual disposal problem), or a $/mi standpoint, hybrids make NO sense compared to turbo diesels. It doesn't matter if diesel is 20 cents more when you're paying $4-8/gal (depending on your country).

So why don't we have them here like everywhere else in the world? Simple: corporate politics. It's the same reason GM pulled the plug (no pun intended) on the early saturn EV cars, because it was a threat to the oil companies they bed with. There was a documentary about this where GM actually tried to repossess every Saturn EV that was on the road to kill it off.

And if any of you read Top Gear magazine or watch the show, just look at the number of TDI's in the back of the mag and the 40-70mpg numbers they post!!!

EDIT: OK, now back to discussing the 2013 Legacy :D, sorry to derail, I just HATE how much the U.S. gets shafted when it comes to car selections, even those that are produced by American companies and not sold here!!!

A comparable turbo diesel will always be more economical than a hybrid engine, period. Whether you look at it from an environmental standpoint (producing those cars and especially the batteries creates an enormous carbon footprint, not to mention the eventual disposal problem), or a $/mi standpoint, hybrids make NO sense compared to turbo diesels. It doesn't matter if diesel is 20 cents more when you're paying $4-8/gal (depending on your country).

So why don't we have them here like everywhere else in the world? Simple: corporate politics. It's the same reason GM pulled the plug (no pun intended) on the early saturn EV cars, because it was a threat to the oil companies they bed with. There was a documentary about this where GM actually tried to repossess every Saturn EV that was on the road to kill it off.

there isn't any disposal problem with hybrid batteries. the car companies pay to get them back and they are recycled to make new ones.

and Toyota has been recycling them from the beginning. recently they've been more informative about it.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/15946/toyota-recycling-hybrid-batteries/

Toyota organised the battery recycling process well before the Prius launch in 2001

Archived