LegacyGT.com

picking up bmw 328xi w nav monday

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I ALMOST bought an L7 back in the day. In hindsight, had I known how rare it was, I would have.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Speaking of automotive purses with a roundel. My boss at work is looking at getting a 128i convertible w/auto. :rolleyes: I keep giving him shit that it is a total girl car. His response, "Maybe if it was white." :lol: Apparently, a car is no longer a girl car if it is any color but white. :rolleyes: I told him to grow a pair and get a Mustang GT convertible.

Speaking of automotive purses with a roundel. My boss at work is looking at getting a 128i convertible w/auto. :rolleyes: I keep giving him shit that it is a total girl car. His response, "Maybe if it was white." :lol: Apparently, a car is no longer a girl car if it is any color but white. :rolleyes: I told him to grow a pair and get a Mustang GT convertible.

Now that car is just stupid. Wife was interested in one for like 30 seconds until we went to the dealer. Microscopic trunk. Useless backseat (and this means something coming from a G37 coupe owner). Meh interior. None of the coolness of the Z4. None of the power of a 135/335. Her comment to me was "Who would buy that?"

Go get a Mustang V6 convertible. Now that is a lower model that is still AOK to get.

haha, yeah. tell him if he wants people to think he's driving his own car and not his wife's he should get the 135, if he has to buy a bmw. I havent looked into them but they must have a really good power to weight ratio..

The 128i 'vert starts at $36k!!!!!!
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

This thread went from tons of lols to zzz

/unsub

mods plz move this Bimmer fanboi thread to the "LGT vs Other Cars" forum. These cars remind me of:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CPDdjKXaf88/SWzaHelvt7I/AAAAAAAAAFY/cfcPhIQy7cA/s320/ugly+girl.jpg

This thread went from tons of lols to zzz

I'm getting lots of laughs reading about people criticizing BMWs and their looks while the critics themselves are driving cars that grandma might own. You can put in a turbo, add a scoop to the hood, upgrade the brakes, bolt in sport seats, stick a spoiler on the trunk lid and slap a GT badge on the rear, but you can't deny that the Legacy is basically a nondescript family sedan. I see people driving Legacys in my neck of the woods who look like they're old as dirt. The Legacy is a good car in any of its forms. No question about it. But at its heart, it's still a grandma car. Anyone who thinks it looks better than a 3-series coupe or convertible needs glasses.

looks ^ uh .. diffrent people like different things. i don't like any bmw's i don't like the look of the sti. andi don't like the look of the 5th gen legacys. i like the 4th gen thats why i own it.

people who drive bmw's are like people who like to wear suit and tie. they don't want to get dirty, so they dress that way so people around them automatically know not to ask them for help.

i on the other hand will help anyone , i'll tow a semi trailer if i was asked push some other car off the road to help some one out. the bmw guy is the guy who drives past with out slowing down to even look.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

I'm getting lots of laughs reading about people criticizing BMWs and their looks while the critics themselves are driving cars that grandma might own. You can put in a turbo, add a scoop to the hood, upgrade the brakes, bolt in sport seats, stick a spoiler on the trunk lid and slap a GT badge on the rear, but you can't deny that the Legacy is basically a nondescript family sedan. I see people driving Legacys in my neck of the woods who look like they're old as dirt. The Legacy is a good car in any of its forms. No question about it. But at its heart, it's still a grandma car. Anyone who thinks it looks better than a 3-series coupe or convertible needs glasses.
I see just as many or more "blue hairs" driving BMW and Benz's. I actually like that the LGT is a "nondescript family sedan" - as I don't need additional attention for satisfaction. My choice to buy a 4th gen was 100% for me, and so are the mod choices I make. I don't need "image" assistance from material things and I am a function over form person with my vehicles. Also, if people (especially LEO) think it's a grandma behind the wheel - I'm in good shape!

Yeah, the Legacy is a nondescript family sedan and it is priced appropriately like one. It's not pretending to be something it's not. A BMW is also nondescript but overpriced for what it is. You get the performance and luxury of Camry V6 for a Bavarian price. When I was considering a 3 series wagon, before I regained my senses, I actually had to look past the boring and somewhat awkward looks. The interior in particular is ridiculously dowdy, boring, and dated. Between the crappy interior, horrible run-flat tires, expensive maintenance and parts, questionable reliability, no dipstick on the engine, tiny back seat, and over priced options, you just aren't getting a very good value. A slightly better driving experience can't compensate for the price of admission.

4th gen lgt with that hood is not grandma car... However to that point the 5th gen legacy is getting closer to that grandma status even with turbo... The difference between non turbo and turbo is very small... Even at subaru dealers they complain about that.

4th gen lgt with that hood is not grandma car... However to that point the 5th gen legacy is getting closer to that grandma status even with turbo... The difference between non turbo and turbo is very small... Even at subaru dealers they complain about that.

Yeah, 100 extra horsepower is nothing. Same thing with the larger brakes, 18" wheels and summer tires.

You are too caught up on what other people think of your car make/model instead of how it actually drives. Hence the 328xi non-sport automatic :lol:

Archived