LegacyGT.com

BRZ video

DeathD

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sorry it's just not going to happen. You can't modify a 3500lb sedan with 58/42 weight distribution and expect it to handle as well as a 52/48 f/r car that weighs ~2700lbs.

This. Just not going to happen. I'll take a BRZ with a turbo, please.

There is is, folks... Motortrends stats

Motor Trend 2013 BRZ

0-60: 6.4 secs

0-90: 13.2 secs

45-65: 3.3 secs

1/4 mile: 14.9 secs @ 95.5 mph

Braking 60-0 mph: 120 feet

Lateral Acceleration: .90g

Motor Trend 2008 WRX

0-60: 5.6 secs

0-90: 12.9 secs

45-65: 3.2 secs

1/4 mile: 14.3 secs @ 93.8 mph

Braking 60-0 mph: 125 feet

Lateral acceleration: .79g

So it looks like other than the AWD launch of the WRX, the BRZ is right there with it and picks up speed through the quarter mile. Mid range acceleration is dead on. Driving dynamics should eat the WRX alive. As I mentioned many times before. Slow to some, but quick by the measurements... just not fast.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Mega Users

Motor Trend 2013 BRZ

Motor Trend 2008 WRX

So it looks like other than the AWD launch of the WRX, the BRZ is right there with it and picks up speed through the quarter mile. Mid range acceleration is dead on. Driving dynamics should eat the WRX alive. As I mentioned many times before. Slow to some, but quick by the measurements... just not fast.

The inside line video that was just posted has very different numbers from that. Not to mention the potential for mods. The 08 wrx will get a nice jump in power for very little money in mods. Probably not much to do with the N/A BRZ.

Motor Trend 2013 BRZ

Motor Trend 2008 WRX

That's a 2008 WRX though.. What's the 09 and up put out? I hope the trap speed is closer to 100..

The inside line video that was just posted has very different numbers from that. Not to mention the potential for mods. The 08 wrx will get a nice jump in power for very little money in mods. Probably not much to do with the N/A BRZ.

Inside line reported a 3500 RPM launch and trouble shifting into second. Motortrend used a 5000 RPM launch and no trouble in 2nd. 2 different launches...

That's a 2008 WRX though.. What's the 09 and up put out? I hope the trap speed is closer to 100..

2009+ wrx blows it out of the water in acceleration. It's no contest. My point from before was that it would be about as quick as the 2008 WRX other than 0-60.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Subaru is selling the BRZ as an "Traditional Sports Car" from the era when American GI's returned from europe. Two door, small, light and good handling. Those attributes aren't appreciated by all. American's seem to be obsessed with horsepower and zero to sixty times.

It's not being marketed as a "muscle car".

Why wouldn't we be obsessed by horsepower? The majority of the USA and Canada is flat, straight, country roads or highways. How else could the Mustang have survived 50+ years with a live axle?

The only time I hit a curve in regular driving is the on ramp.

The same can be said of speed....the speed limits are 70-80 max on the highway (and it's not stop and go), why have a car that does 155 when most roads you drive on average 45 mph speed limits?

That must suck. There are plenty of curves and hills where I live.

They must live at the end of a straight one way dead end road. Must be similar to a drag strip. If that is your drive, you should get a muscle car with big meats on the back.

It's going to be a really fun car to drive. Im glad it's N/A. Between the weight and low center of gravity, RWD and 50 etra horses anyone would be grinning ear to ear driving this.

Happy that Subaru did this purpose built design. It's a good change considering they killed the good looks of the Legacy with the 5th gen.:p

Archived