LegacyGT.com

Strong Sway Bar End Links, Cheap Alternative, Moog!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
, but after finding out that you had to grease Moogs every oil change I started digging more.

mevos need greasing, that's what those fittings are for. I tried them out and they lasted 30 min before they started making noise. crawled under the car after getting home from the shop and found that the boots on each link had already torn. garbage.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

That's odd for the boots to be torn because of lack of grease, bearing going shot sure, but not boots. I would say you got a defective pair, maybe reach out for replacement?

Mevo's do need greasing, but since the boot is clamped on, it's mostly water tight. Thus they should in theory need much longer greasing intervals then moogs (every oil change). Mevotech doesn't mention how often you need to grease them, so it's hard to say for sure though.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

• 1 month later...

13 pages about endlinks? :lol:

Moog or go home. Those fancy expensive ones may be nice but they aren't necessary. The pricing of endlinks are ridiculous enough, no need to over pay for a part that should be 15 a piece. I've installed hundreds of Moog's without an issue.

Kartboys shouldn't make a lick of noise if installed correctly, there's nothing to really even make noise :confused:

Trying to figure it out myself as well. They seemed to be fine for a while and they seem to have loosened. I have originally put some blue loctite on it. I have re tightened them and they were ok for a bit and now noisy again. Rear ones more than fronts. Time is a little short right now to poke around and investigate.

• 5 months later...
I'll second BMB on the kartboys. I used them on the road course at Brainerd raceway for probably a thousand miles, plus tens of thousands as a daily and they never once made a noise.
I could suck start a snow blower.

You have the correct links. The newer version has the nipple on the side. Just have to make sure you rotate/flip the link to get the nipple in the right location not to interfere. Seems to confuse people, but if you keep messing with it you will figure out.

They recently changed them again. The ones you received are the new new version. I had replaced mine a couple years back with the new ones and they failed. When I warrantied them through rock auto, I received the same as what you have. I think the boot design on these newest ones is much better than the previous two versions where the boot is on the outside.

Old thread, I know, but figured I'd throw my $.02 in as well. I originally replaced my stock end links with a pair from Perrin because damn if they didn't look seriously stout. They're cut like dogbones, with HDPE bushings protecting the bolts (IIRC). Didn't last 2 years, and that was while my wife was driving the car.

Chucked the Perrins for a pair of Moogs, which I agree - are overbuilt, compared to the stock units. Not as beefy looking as Perrin's, but that was 3+ years ago I put them in, so they're already out-performing the Perrin set. And for the price? Yeah, cheap, compared to the Perrins, but I can replace three sets of Moogs for the same price as one pair of Perrins and go at least 5x longer on them.

• 1 month later...

Interesting the legs this thread has. I've attached the photo from sshole since too often the links die crippling thread content.

--Update for those looking at Moog replacement FRONT endlinks (K7432)--

* Installed February 8th 2014 @ 75,000mi, NG after 4 years and 60,000mi *

I installed my Moog K7432 on 8Feb14 @ 75,000mi. They certainly appeared beefy, proper fitment even with my Hotchkis 25mm sway bar. Kept them greased, but never liked the cheesy grease boots! Utter crap, constantly "burped" grease out the sides. While installing new BJ's/Bushings in the LCA, noted the end links had notable play, and pronounced "catch" spots!

For the $$$ I can't complain, but have concerns - they are not making noise so I'm not sure how long those "catches" have been present and based on knowing there's obvious grooves between the ball and socket, I question the strength of the metal there.

K7432_FrontEnd-links.jpg.aea5f1746586d5bef9f52ee4357ec95a.jpg

• 1 month later...

i put in some Lemforder end links. They are built like the MOOG in the first page of this thread. I was very happy and they were cheaper.

I got them from one of my buddies shops but this is a link to ebay

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Lemforder-Front-Antiroll-Bar-Link-Fits-Subaru-Legacy-2003-2016-Mk4-Mk5/381725311617?hash=item58e09a0281:g:I~AAAOSwnQhXoz86

• 2 months later...

Update from my post #47: after roughly 5 years, the front end links needed replaced, which I am not at all disappointed in given that I didn't grease them religiously. Installed new sets of moogs in the front last night and moog redesigned them. 4bb0e6fe7023e1e31618d3e3da288970.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moogs have lasted longer then the OEM or Hotchkis at a reasonable price point.

Having the ability to put in some grease is a plus.

Hotchkis boots deteriorated far faster than any of them. Even the units that were not installed turned to garbage.

Archived