LegacyGT.com

Strong Sway Bar End Links, Cheap Alternative, Moog!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got the Moog fronts and rears. They are the new beefier design. The Rears are also a lot thicker then stock. Cost me a whopping $100 for the fronts and rears!!

2005-2009 lgt

Front is K750049

Rear is K750023

Here is a pic of the rear

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i119/kylar27/photobucket-5461-1357750517163.jpg

I dont care for that grease seal though. Looks just like a cap where dirt can get in there rather easily especially where it meets the connecting rod.

Its just a rubber boot that covers the seal, and an extra layer of protection. I'm sure these links will long outlive their cost and then some.

I'm thinking of saving my money and getting some of these end links. Working on putting together a list of suspension mods and aftermarket sways are for sure on the list. It seems these are a suitable replacement and upgrade from stock. Is there any advantage of the other aftermarket end link sets over these that can justify more than double the price?

There is a post from someone in this thread saying that switching up endlinks (Kartboy) led to better feel. But I can't say with any authority how these Moogs would change the car.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I'm a little confused. It happens often...:lol:

When I look up the rear links on the Moog website, it comes up with part# K750023. The pic they provide is not what they look like on my car:

http://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/prodimages/MOOG/K750023_lg.png

Kylar gives that same part#, but the endlink pictured is different than the one Moog has pictured. The one in Kylar's post actually looks the correct part.

What's the deal??

They posted an incorrect picture

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Fairly typical, though not a guarantee. It's refreshing when you see a picture of the actual part, since often it's just close. Depends per seller.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Thx ClimberD & LAGT and everyone else who researched these new Moogs, originally looked at these but the online pic looked like the OEM version, so I ordered the Raybestos premiums (from Rockauto) and they were as thick as the OEM's too. Just sent them back and ordered both frnt & rear for $66 shipped ( from Rockauto).

Just having an inside hex nut to counter the turning of the bolt when tightening the outside hex nut (instead of an allen socket) made all the difference for me. That is the one thing I would make sure is on any set I buy, and is what's on the heavy duty Moogs.

Just having an inside hex nut to counter the turning of the bolt when tightening the outside hex nut (instead of an allen socket) made all the difference for me. That is the one thing I would make sure is on any set I buy, and is what's on the heavy duty Moogs.

The inside hex nut is a plus. I just received my frnt/rear moogs from Rockauto very beefy in comparison with the OEM and the Raybestos I had bought previously.

I just got the Moog fronts and rears. They are the new beefier design. The Rears are also a lot thicker then stock. Cost me a whopping $100 for the fronts and rears!!

2005-2009 lgt

Front is K750049

Rear is K750023

Thanks, I just ordered front and rears from Rockauto for $69.80 shipped.

Wow, how did I not know about this back when I dropped mega dollars on kartboys.

That being said, my kartboys were awesome. I loved the fact they moved to a 17mm bolt head size and got rid of the allen key.

For anyone reading this who is still on stock suspension: do yourself a favor and switch endlinks, bushings, and sway bar(s) at the same time - do it once. I probably spent 12-15 hours wrenching on my sway bars over the course of 70k miles due to...

1. Squeaky bushings

2. Loose bolts

3. Noisy endlinks

4. replacing endlinks

The OEM endlinks were a PITA to work on and got stuck on my sway bars so I had to remove them from the car and grind the endlink off.

Do it once, do it right. And apparently buy american :)

Thanks, I just ordered front and rears from Rockauto for $69.80 shipped.

Received mine they are beefy ( pic does not do it justice), will install with a fixed 20mm Whiteline RSB whenever my AVO mounts show.

• 4 weeks later...

Climber, I really need to start reading all of your threads! :wub:

I have destroyed my factory fronts so I bought the Perrin poly ones for about $100. I no longer have a full fab shop at my disposal so I couldn't make my own like I have in the past and figured these are close to what I would have produced myself anyways.

They are really nice and all, but not worth the price, nor are any that I have seen until you brought the Moogs to my attention. I am not sure if I am going to keep the perrin ones or try to sell them at a loss. It is almost a toss up at this point and I think my time and effort really comes into play as to whether it would be worth it for me to sale and ship the fronts to someone if I were to go with the Moog units.

On the plus side, I have found a replacement for the rears! Moog here I come! (I have every steering and suspension part made for my truck replaced by Moog HD pieces, as the factory pieces just don't last, so I am familiar with this brand being synonymous with quality.)

Question to all: What are our options for rear swaybar mount reinforcement brackets? The AVO style looks the best to me, but is quite costly for what they are. Any alternatives known along the lines of this cheap alternative to endlinks found by Climber? I know Moog can't possibly make something like this. I would appreciate any and all ideas.

Rear sway bar supports should be a different thread. I had good luck with a simple 1/4" thick aluminium backing bar ala Autospeed exhaust. I would do it again, never had a problem with my Cobb bars, though it's not as beefy as the aftermarket solutions that tie into the subframe bolt. Sometimes more is only more.

RSB mounts should be a different thread but. Noone else makes RSB supports only AVO and I just received mine after 2+ months (looked everywhere not enough demand). Installed them, RSB & Moog's just bite the bullet and spend the money only option.

Side Note, I have a set of open end wrenches that are very slim. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Proxxon-23820-Slim-Line-Combination-Wrench/dp/B003V8BON0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361462289&sr=8-1&keywords=slim+wrenches]http://www.amazon.com/Proxxon-23820-Slim-Line-Combination-Wrench/dp/B003V8BON0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361462289&sr=8-1&keywords=slim+wrenches[/ame]

I have so far only needed them for these end links, but maybe in the next 30 years they'll come in handy a second time :lol:

Proxxon 23820 12 Piece Slim-Line Combination Wrench Set with 15 Degree Offset Heads with Holder

They don't appear for sale anymore (on Amazon) but you get the idea, and if you found this thread then you are probably resourceful enough to find narrow wrenches.

^ you were going to make your own end links? :lol:

I would in a heartbeat if I was retired or in general had the time (I love to make things). So much fun making things. Arts and crafts, except without all emasculating bits.

I just ordered 3 more power tools so I can make some more stuff (to sell to you guys, but still enjoyable to make).

Archived