LegacyGT.com

Strong Sway Bar End Links, Cheap Alternative, Moog!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a quick question about removing the old ones:

Can a sawzall blade fit into the space between the bar or bracket and the link?

I'm wondering if this is a way to get around frozen links and rounded out hex heads....

I'm not sure how other folks have done this, but for one stripped bolt on an endlink I used an angle grinder to grind off the nut from inside the bracket. It left some minor grind marks on the bracket but not too bad.

I had these Moog replacements installed on my car for just over a year now, and the fronts seem to be shot. I have been trying to track down a very annoying front end chattering, and discovered a notchy feeling to in the front end links. After removing them, both side had a rather loose feel to them, with the left front being the worst. There was a noticeable catch in the movement of the ball-and-socket joint. Despite me keeping them properly greased, they feel like they were damaged/worn out internally.

Not sure if it's a fluke given the large number of positive reviews on here, or some combination of my large front sway bar and TERRIBLE Michigan roads. Either way, I replaced the fronts and rears with Kartboy end links to get rid of the ball-and-socket design once and for all.

• 7 months later...

I got the old style from Rock Auto recently. Looks like my car is out of commission for a while since I had to ruin the old ones to get them off.

Edit: Nevermind, you can flip it and it will work. I wish I had figured that out when I still had the car apart. I think I'll just go to bed.

So far I've received the old version of the fronts from Amazon and RockAuto. Locally Advance stores have mostly the old versions although there was ONE new one mixed in. Is there any hope!? I'm so tired of dealing with returns.

So far I've received the old version of the fronts from Amazon and RockAuto. Locally Advance stores have mostly the old versions although there was ONE new one mixed in. Is there any hope!? I'm so tired of dealing with returns.

Pretty sure there is no such thing as an "old version". It just seems to be people not understanding that you need to rotate the link so grease fill nipples don't interfere. I've ordered these years ago from rock auto and they work fine.

My question is do they come pre-greased? I figured I'd grease them and I think I put in too much and broke the seal on one.

I still have to do the rears (the Mevotechs I got from Rock were definitely wrong) so I ordered Moogs and if I don't need to grease them I won't.

My question is do they come pre-greased? I figured I'd grease them and I think I put in too much and broke the seal on one.

I still have to do the rears (the Mevotechs I got from Rock were definitely wrong) so I ordered Moogs and if I don't need to grease them I won't.

They do come with grease inside. I added more with my grease gun until I could burp the excess out the seal. The seal goes right back in place so it seemed fine to me.

Pretty sure there is no such thing as an "old version". It just seems to be people not understanding that you need to rotate the link so grease fill nipples don't interfere. I've ordered these years ago from rock auto and they work fine.

I looked again and see what you mean. Won't the upper grease fitting be hard to get to now that it faces forward?

• 2 months later...
I bought my "problem solver" Moog endlinks about a year and a half ago from Amazon. K750049 & K750023. They look just like the bigger links from posts# 47 & 142, with the grease fittings on the back side.

• 2 months later...

I ordered the front "Moog K750049 Sway Bar Link Kit" this week from Amazon.com.

The package arrived yesterday with just one endlink in the box.

To me, a "Kit" of this type would indicate 2 parts, one for each side but no.

So I ordered another one. Just a heads up to future buyers.

• 2 months later...

I have the Moog rear endlinks problem solvers, has anyone else had trouble getting them in? I have it paired with a 2015 wrx 20mm rsb. Am I doing something wrong? Write up somewhere? Can't seem to get search to work right.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

I have the Moog rear endlinks problem solvers, has anyone else had trouble getting them in? I have it paired with a 2015 wrx 20mm rsb. Am I doing something wrong? Write up somewhere? Can't seem to get search to work right.

What exactly is the problem? Pic?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What exactly is the problem? Pic?

It started getting dark and I forgot to snap pics, the bottom part of the moogs endlinks that are suppose to go into the control arms (correct me if I'm wrong) seem to be too big? Or am I suppose to lube it up and force it in there? I'm gonna try again in the morning, I'll take pics then. I was thinking about not letting the suspension hang, or jack up one side of the car at a time and do each one?

Best thing is to do it on ramps, with the suspension compressed. You will be fighting it with one wheel off the ground or even both hanging. If they are too tight just modify them with a file or grinder, just a little because you still want it to fit tight in the control arm.

Best thing is to do it on ramps, with the suspension compressed. You will be fighting it with one wheel off the ground or even both hanging. If they are too tight just modify them with a file or grinder, just a little because you still want it to fit tight in the control arm.

Thank you! Will report back tomorrow!

I had to disconnect the endlinks from the swaybar, not sure why I put those on first. But then popped the endlinks into the control arms, and then connected the sway bar. All while the car was on the ground, just barely fit under there. But had to jack up both sides to get the brackets over the bushings on. But all done now!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

My stockers broke (popped out of sockets) when I was doing my clutch, so needed a replacement quickly. At first I used the EMUSA whiteline knockoffs that I had from couple years ago, but like whitelines they tend to get a bit noisy (Karboy apparently is the only poly endlink set that doesn't make noise).

I needed something relatively cheap and quick (to pass inspection). Moog and Mevotech both appealed to me, but after finding out that you had to grease Moogs every oil change I started digging more. After reading many reviews/opinions on the web, turns out since Moog's are greaseable they didn't bother with making a good sealing dust boot.

This is why I decided to give Mevotech's (MS80811) a try, at $15 a pop it doesn't break the bank if they don't last. They are much beefier then stock and have a tiny grease exit hole, so hopefully they wont pickup as much dust. The biggest downside of these is they still use allen keys instead of a hex head like Moog's.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=245633&stc=1&d=1488234167

2065568821_MevotechMS80811.thumb.jpg.0151c262be82e7a425c57522b0d8d81b.jpg

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Archived