LegacyGT.com

Strong Sway Bar End Links, Cheap Alternative, Moog!

Check out the on line tool places for a cutoff wheel. You may be able to find an electric one of little money.

I just plug in one of my air cut off tools and cut the bastards off.

If you can find a cheap electric one, invest in a good air compressor (something around $400) and get the $12.00 air tools from one of the discount stores. In the 10 years or so I have only had to replace one of them. It's not like I use them every day.

Today's tractor supply flyer has a Campbell Hausfield for $399. I have the Sear red one I paid like $250 for back in 02' and it's louder than it should be, I bought the Sears black one for $400 4-5 years ago, makes much less noise, you can talk next to it and people can hear what your saying. I'm a great dad, I left the black one with my son and I took the red one when I moved in with the GF.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i ended up cutting the front endlinks in half to stop the clunking...dremel worked great, and not as slow as i thought. (still slow though). couldn't do much more beyond that. today took it to a local place and they torched those bastards out. took 10 minutes. haha.

moogs feel great.

For all your hex (allen) head bolts, strongly consider Bondhus. Bondhus hex and torx keys and bits can save you a lot of hassle if they keep you from stripping something out with a lesser tool. I did a direct comparison of the following:

Craftsman Hex and Torx socket set - Purchased 2012. Torx are garbage. Complete freaking garbage. Hex are a bit better. I use regular Craftsman bolt sockets made 15 years ago, and they are great. But not this other junk.

GearWrench Hex and Torx. Better than Craftsman, but leaves things to be desired.

Wiha Torx Socket set. This is quality, machining is flawless compared to GW and CM.

Bondhus Hex, Torx and Hex L keys. These are possibly the last set I will ever buy. I no longer consider ANY other brands for Torx, Hex, L wrenches, anything. Bondhus. Done. Prices are right where they should be. I lookup the part numbers for the sets I want, then find them on Amazon.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I have all snap on but man do you pay for it.

I do only when absolutely necessary. But in almost all cases, I can find a tool or tool set that will do the job just as well for a fraction of the price, usually with a better (in practice) warranty.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I don't doubt that at all but having a snap on guy that shows up once a week is just to convenient

Word is some SO tool truck guys won't take my few eBay-bought Snap-On tools because I did not buy them off the truck. It's full commit or nothing, or so it seams.

Time is money. If I were to count how much time I have into researching and getting deals on tools, trial and error, I cannot say whether it was all worth it.

• 1 month later...

What are the part numbers for the front moog end links? Has the part number changed for rear from the OP?

It seems they beefed up the design but not sure if part numbers changed front or rear.

Sorry if they are posted in here. Read through most of it but didn't see anything.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

Just browse the RockAuto catalog for your year LGT, and get the ones that look the most overbuilt, if that is what you want. You can always Google each part number from the catalog to read a blurb about which one has what characteristics.

Not sure wether or not the numbers have changed. But best bet is to find them on rock auto. They are much cheaper. And it's really only the fronts that are beefed up. But they are the "problem solver" links. The rears will be pretty close to stock looking.

The rears are now upgraded (much larger) and include grease fittings like the upgraded front links. Not sure if there is a new part number but the box I just recieved says:

Moog: K750023.

These are dirt cheap at Rockauto.com

Not sure wether or not the numbers have changed. But best bet is to find them on rock auto. They are much cheaper. And it's really only the fronts that are beefed up. But they are the "problem solver" links. The rears will be pretty close to stock looking.

Read post #47 and #49.

I've learned that if you call most local major chain parts stores they will match prices.

I check the price on rock auto then call advanced autos 800#. And they match the price every time.

Ex. Had to replace the rear speed sensor.

Advanced wanted $160+.

Rock auto wanted $50-60.

Advanced matched the price and I was able to pick it up same day in local store.

Same thing with the moog links. I saved about 50% by getting advanced to price match and didnt have to wait for shipping.

Never pay full price for your parts. And don't wait for them to be shipped.

Just picked all 4 corners at rockauto for literally $66 and change shipped to my door. Can't beat that. Hopefully, they're the same as what's been touted here as beefier. Ordered same part numbers as mentioned in post #53. I'll let you know.

Archived