LegacyGT.com

Strong Sway Bar End Links, Cheap Alternative, Moog!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I just got the Moog fronts and rears. They are the new beefier design. The Rears are also a lot thicker then stock. Cost me a whopping $100 for the fronts and rears!!

2005-2009 lgt

Front is K750049

Rear is K750023

Here is a pic of the rear

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i119/kylar27/photobucket-5461-1357750517163.jpg

Rao is right, you get what you pay for! :lol:

These are too agricultural looking to me, and no stickers! :spin:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I ordered from RockAuto last week and received the old design k750049. Yes, unfortunately they still have the old design in stock? I called R.A. and asked about it after looking at them and realizing the grease fitting would contact the control arm on the passenger side, they are aware of the design flaw. They are working on getting me a current version but wanted others to be aware that there are some older versions being sold that will not fit the LGT under the part number k750049. Additionally one of the boots was ripped along the seam letting grease out.

I ordered from RockAuto last week and received the old design k750049. Yes, unfortunately they still have the old design in stock? I called R.A. and asked about it after looking at them and realizing the grease fitting would contact the control arm on the passenger side, they are aware of the design flaw. They are working on getting me a current version but wanted others to be aware that there are some older versions being sold that will not fit the LGT under the part number k750049. Additionally one of the boots was ripped along the seam letting grease out.

could you post a picture of the old design so we can be aware when we receive it?

I purchased all 4 from Amazon this week.

The fronts (K750049) are the older style. They're still beefy but have the grease fittings on the sides. If you orientate these correctly, there is no issue with clearance on the fittings.

The rears, pictured below, (K750023) showed up separately and I think I got the last old one and one new one. The old design rears are very much like stock and have no grease fittings. My local Advance Auto had a new style K750023 in stock so I used the newer style.

IMG_1268.JPG.8b5158f2010b3e331418a05a1a329f81.JPG

I purchased all 4 from Amazon this week.

The fronts (K750049) are the older style. They're still beefy but have the grease fittings on the sides. If you orientate these correctly, there is no issue with clearance on the fittings.

The rears, pictured below, (K750023) showed up separately and I think I got the last old one and one new one. The old design rears are very much like stock and have no grease fittings. My local Advance Auto had a new style K750023 in stock so I used the newer style.

What do you mean by "orient correctly" ?? There is only one way to install end links, the grease fittings hit and will end up popping off, this has been discussed plenty. Sure you can install them, but it's pointless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you mean by "orient correctly" ?? There is only one way to install end links, the grease fittings hit and will end up popping off, this has been discussed plenty. Sure you can install them, but it's pointless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can see from the picture above where someone else posted a picture of the old style fronts. If you rotate it 180 degrees, it will still install but the grease fittings will be on opposite sides and there is nothing for them to hit.

I'm in the market for new end links, and ended up going with raybestos professionals. I took some pictures of my current end links, and I think moog's would just be too tight. Even with the grease fittings on the back of the endlink, it looks like the sway bar could hit the grease fitting. The thread below illustrates my concerns perfectly. I wonder if the fit with the moog's isn't as close with turbo subaru's? I do like what the poster in the thread below did though and I never thought of it, just buy smaller grease fittings.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/81-wheels-tires-brakes-suspension/74362-2007-2-5-basic-front-moog-endlink-qs.html

*I also recently ordered a couple moog end links from amazon, and got the same ones as post #137. I ended up returning them because I thought the grease fitting would hit on the bottom..I think Jason might be right, but it's hard to say without having the end links in front of me to try and flip/rotate to visualize better. Also are the end links supposed to be extremely hard to move by hand? The moog's I got from amazon were, and I wasn't sure if this was normal or not.

oe_end.links.thumb.jpg.62a79e7daf84f6a8bbcf2183054c224d.jpg

rtbrjason and JJr are correct. If you flip the link end over end it doesn't change where the nipple is but if you rotate it left to right it will work. I mean if you lay the link flat on the table with bottom bolt to the left flip so same bottom bolt is now facing to the right. I had a hard day working on cars (I hate working on Chryslers). The first side went in first try. So when I couldn't get the passenger side to work (I kept flipping top to bottom not left to right) I called RocAuto and they were quick to tell me I had the old design. Granted the lady on the phone didn't know what a grease fitting was. She called back the next day and said Moog was aware of the issue with the grease fitting hitting the control arm and had a new design. So I gave up trying to put it on but it is now installed correctly no fitment issues. Thanks for clearing that up rtbrjason and JJr!

• 2 months later...

Just a quick question about removing the old ones:

Can a sawzall blade fit into the space between the bar or bracket and the link?

I'm wondering if this is a way to get around frozen links and rounded out hex heads....

Archived