LegacyGT.com

Strong Sway Bar End Links, Cheap Alternative, Moog!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What results are you looking for? Whether they break or not? Could take years to figure out how long they last :)

That and there are results on lots of other forums. That would be quicker.

all of my end links just arrived! No neon colors or artistic laser cut metal anywhere :eek:

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• 2 weeks later...

Mine are all installed, and all clunking is gone. They fit and work great. Installed rears with anti-seize. The included hex nut attached to the stud is going to be invaluable for removing and installing. I added a lock washer on the inside of stud before bar, just to give the bar a little more surface area to push against, and a little more tension to keep the nut on there (former consideration being the primary concern over the latter). Got quality, saved money.

For those of you who refuse to research outside of this forum, check back in 10 years with my wear update.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I ran Moogs on my last car seeing as how outside of making your own that was the only upgrade. They were ok, nothing like my kartboys though.

Do your Kartboys produce better handling?

Do your Kartboys produce better handling?

I was leaning towards RalliTeks to replace my stockers the other month. Ended up going w/ Kartboys though since they seem to be the most popular and were on sale $200 shipped for f/r. Figured I could always resell them. Car handles a lot tighter than the stockers going around bends, and steering input seems sharper for whatever reason. Already was running Perrin 22mm bars front and rear so the endlinks were the only factor. Money well spent in my book.

I was leaning towards RalliTeks to replace my stockers the other month. Ended up going w/ Kartboys though since they seem to be the most popular and were on sale $200 shipped for f/r. Figured I could always resell them. Car handles a lot tighter than the stockers going around bends, and steering input seems sharper for whatever reason. Already was running Perrin 22mm bars front and rear so the endlinks were the only factor. Money well spent in my book.

I really wonder about this, since this would mean a lot of flexing in the stock endlinks. I just don't understand how they can really flex that much...

I really wonder about this, since this would mean a lot of flexing in the stock endlinks. I just don't understand how they can really flex that much...

That was my thinking exactly which is why I was going to go w/ the RalliTeks: there's no way there's any flexing/stretching that can be going on here.

However, if you look at the stockers/moog/ralliteks those bolts swivel/move fairly freely, not so w/ the KartBoys. Think its kind a little like preloading your bar. I don't think they let the bar twist/shift as much. After installing them it felt like I had a little more oversteer making sharp turns. Took a little getting used to....no kidding.

If a mod makes no tangible difference to me (i.e. Zero Action Cool Spitter) I'll admit it, but I would not put these in that category.

Well, my LGT isn't handling laterally sharp by any means, though my suspension is somewhat modified. FWIW I was driving with no FSB for a while :eek: and got use to it. The first 30 miles with Cobb FSB and new pro line Moog / Raybestos - f/r endlinks and it actually felt worse for a while. Stiffer rear had it's benefits, as long as no trees are present. Anyways, interesting observation. My car has no clunking and handles fine now as before messing with my stock front / Avo adjustable rear endlinks, so that's my review! Mostly useless per lack of immediate before/after comparison

• 1 year later...

I put the Moog endlinks on the front of my car at the same time that put on my Hotchkis sways. That was at the end of May, and 3 months later one of them is shot. Since they're advertised with a lifetime warranty, I called Moog about it and they said the way it's handled is by returning them to the original place of purchase for a replacement.

Since I got them from Amazon, it'll be a bit of a hassle. So ... something to consider if the Moog/Raybestos parts are available locally vs. buying them online. The one that I think is shot has a bit of play when I move it with my hands, but the other one is as tight as the day it went on. I'm going to put the replacement on and give them another chance and hope they get rid of my front end clunking!

The more fancy machinery I buy, the more I think next time I'm just going to take some aluminum or steel stock, drill some holes, and use generic urethane inserts to make my own end links. Not practical, but fun.

FWIW, I just put Moog's on the front of the GF's 08 Ford Escape, 34,000 miles and the OEM's were making noise. (don't blame me, she bought the ford before I met her).

The Moogs were much beefier and have grease fittings. I think they were like $30.00 each and about 12" long.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Searching around the forum for feedback...

So got my Front LCA bushings done tonight (Whitelines) But turns out the sway bar endlinks are shot! :spin:

Now my car is sitting with no endlinks engaged to the sway bar, and I need to decide on a replacement ASAP!

So any thoughts as to whether it's worth getting something like these from whiteline? Or is it just overkill? I'm just BLEEDING money at the moment on OEM replacement parts, so I'm not trying to waste much $$$ if ya dig, but I also know when it's worth it to spend a little extra for quality. Thoughts???

KLC32Sway bar - link assembly

SUBARU LEGACY BL SEDAN, BP WAGON MY04-09 INCL TURBO (9/03-8/09)

Or maybe just get something like these ralliteks

113703 (RTK-HDELF)

BRAND: RALLITEK

for half the price, and I'm sure a suitable replacement?

whiteline.JPG.e3636644efcd5fb46d914ed6dbb159bc.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
Moog has a newer front endlink design. They are pretty solid, more robust than old Moog style. Installed them about 6 months ago and no problems yet. They have a metal races and grease fittings. $60 via amazon.com PN:K750049

17219163_20120310_093647(2).jpg.9f5e77e33541816de95c5263277ff6da.jpg

I took climbers advice and got the Moog front endlinks and they are great indeed. So I did some digging around on the rear versions and ended up with the K80426. These are identical to the OEM rear {sidenote that the oem rear endlinks share same part# from 00-09} but just as the fronts (greasable and 2x stronger). I use them with a whiteline 20mm rsb and they are perfect for me. And at 25bucks each they are a steal. Thought I would share. Thanks for the initial heads up climber you saved me $.

Archived