LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

i have the 22mm with the spherical bearing motorsports end links. i may upgrade to the 24mm if/when i get a front anti sway bar.

why would you be worried about people knowing that you have an aftermarket rear sway bar?

I think he's referring to people at the stealership.

i have the 22mm with the spherical bearing motorsports end links. i may upgrade to the 24mm if/when i get a front anti sway bar.

why would you be worried about people knowing that you have an aftermarket rear sway bar?

I dont think it would benefit the cars handling if you got a FSB... our cars understeer as is and a FSB would only make it worse.

The larger the front bar, the bigger you can go in the rear

this.

what would the people at the dealership say? "you got a rear sway bar so we can't cover your blown turbo."? If they told me that, i would tell them to suck it and say goodbye to their franchise, cuz i wouldn't stop pursuing that until they did.

Edited by GravityGear

1 person has broke their end links (comparison picture below)

Wow, I broke the bolts off the stock end links with the 19mm and switched to kartboys. The kartboys are noisy so I got the rallitek versions in the mail yesterday. Comparing them to stock the dimensions are the same but thicker.

My issue with the kartboys was the uneven spacers which needed a bit of suspension grease to keep them quiet.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p165/danbob_bucket/IMG_0369.jpg

The ralliteks have hyme joints like the stock ones and I've had end links with that before on two other cars and didn't have any noise issues. They also didn't need greasing. The Kart boys are really, really stiff with no movement in the bolts with a bolt going through a solid bushing. Here is a good comparison below.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p165/danbob_bucket/IMG_0368.jpg

Im not lowered yet but my springs are on order, hopefully I'll have them by this weds:rolleyes:.

I'm really not sure how the bolt broke on the stock but it did and boy was I surprised. I tossed it out cause I was so peeved at the time or I'd have something to show.

Looking at how many people are upgrading RSB with stock end links and don't have any problems, I wouldn't worry about them.

As for a dealer noticing a RSB, I wouldn't worry about that either. Frankly, I don't think they are looking for that kind of stuff. Sure, if you have a problem with the rear suspension inside the factory 3/36 warranty, they may say it contributed and you may have a warranty issue. Or they may say there is nothing wrong, or that the suspension problem is wear and tear and not subject to a warranty claim.

If your cruise control breaks having a RSB has nothing to do with that and its unlikely they would even notice. Hell, the last two times I took my car to the dealer--steering wheel radio controls--I didn't even uninstall the AP.

That Kartboy endlink looks SOLID....How much $$$ for a pair, and what is the best vendor to get them from (PO processing, Delivery time, bang for buck)?

I am also trying to figure out which rear sway is best....Whiteline 22mm?24mm?

19mm subaru.

what kind of driving are you doing and what end result do you want from your suspension?

19mm subaru.

what kind of driving are you doing and what end result do you want from your suspension?

Why do you say 19mm from Subaru?....The whiteline ones looks legit with braces that go to the lower control arms. Some solid endlinks from Kartboy, ralitek, or whiteline as well will be good for me.

I drive my LGT everyday and usually have some spirited driving. I am eventually wanting to get full coils (hoping that Tein will come out with some) KW's or BC's, and maybe some bushings, a front strut bar or chassis brace...if they will improve handling at all...

I am coming from an 02 SVT focus that had every damn bolton, coilovers, 28.6mm rear sway, 24mm front sway, upgraded endlinks, and front and rear strut bars...that drove on RAILS for autocross...

i'm being sarcastic about the 19mm bar.

i have the 22mm adjustable whiteline. it's a great bar. i would go with that one. the 24mm may be too much for non track car. get the whiteline endlinks, you won't have to rotate the shock towers like you will with the kartboy.

i'm being sarcastic about the 19mm bar.

i have the 22mm adjustable whiteline. it's a great bar. i would go with that one. the 24mm may be too much for non track car. get the whiteline endlinks, you won't have to rotate the shock towers like you will with the kartboy.

Haha. Thanks for the info man. My only question with the bar is, with the extra braces that come with the whiteline 22mm bar, am I going to need to get my rear alignment checked after install? I am guessing that those control arm bolts will mess with the camber some, possibly toe?...

My other question is, on the endlinks (KLC166)...what are the two metal brackets and the two extra bolts for?

Haha. Thanks for the info man. My only question with the bar is, with the extra braces that come with the whiteline 22mm bar, am I going to need to get my rear alignment checked after install? I am guessing that those control arm bolts will mess with the camber some, possibly toe?...

My other question is, on the endlinks (KLC166)...what are the two metal brackets and the two extra bolts for?

I've got the Whiteline 22mm adjustable as well. The brackets do not alter rear alignment.

The brackets replace the OEM brackets since the new bushings are bigger. The bolt connects the brace to the bottom of the bushing bracket. It's just a longer bolt. Here is an example from an 08+ STI that is similar:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3513/3257322068_e5a3ff3cf7.jpg

Edited by minuccims

You shouldn't have to remove any control arm bolts when installing a rear swaybar. The two bolts you'd have to remove to install the Whiteline braces aren't adjustments, and neither are the two lower strut mounting bolts if you're rotating the stock struts for clearance with KB endlinks.

Tell me how else you would adjust camber in the rear?...

there is no rear camber adjustment on the 5th gen chassis. Toe is adjustable, but that's it. All you can really do is lower it if you want more camber.