LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

Hey,

CL21376: I saw you had the Rallitek RSB installed on your 2010. When I called and ordered it for mine, I was told that their HD endlinks don't work with the geometry, the Kartboys do (but they are an open style and make noise during DD) and the AVOs fit but are at the very, very end of their adjustment? They recommended going stock, but I have broken stock ELs on other Subi's in the past and wanted to upgrade. Which ones did you use if you don't mind me asking, and if stock or Rallitek did you run into any problems.

Thx!

HC

• 1 month later...
Well that is not nice!

It's more that the H&R springs have never actually been out as far as anyone can tell. They've told several people 3-4 weeks, 6-8 weeks, etc. The springs have been in their catalog on their site for almost 2 years now but nobody's been able to get their hands on a pair. If anyone has gotten a set of H&R springs, they have not posted it on these forums.

Flashback to a year ago...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/h-r-springs-vaporware-challenge-144425p2.html

Well that is not nice!

It's more that the H&R springs have never actually been out as far as anyone can tell. They've told several people 3-4 weeks, 6-8 weeks, etc. The springs have been in their catalog on their site for almost 2 years now but nobody's been able to get their hands on a pair. If anyone has gotten a set of H&R springs, they have not posted it on these forums.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/h-r-springs-vaporware-challenge-144425p2.html

Rich hit the nail on the head. No one's been able to get a hold of those springs for years now. The fact that they told you your set is on BO is no surprise.

Has anyone put the swifts on a 2.5i? and Has anyone put the swifts on a 225/40/18?...

Yeah, Gary at Mann Engineering install a set on a customer's 2.5i and that is when he first saw the extra front end drop of 1/2" more than the advertised drop of 1.1 on those cars.

He looked into why the drop happened on that car and not on the 2.5GT cars. He discovered that the 2.5i and 3.6R cars share the same front struts. The 2.5GT cars have a different front strut. He also discovered that the 2.5i, 3.6R and 2.5GT cars all have different part numbers for springs. Meaning that they all have different spring rates or lengths.

The added 1/2" of drop on these cars means that you are now into a seriously low front end with the Swift springs on your 2.5i or 3.6R Legacy.

I regained at least 1/8" back by placing some washers on the threaded studs that attach the top end of the strut assembly to the body shell when I installed my set of Swift springs. Basically raising the body of the car by that much. It's not a lot, but the length of the those studs is the determining factory here. If those studs were longer you could raise it more.

Edited by ChasWG

OMG, that was a funny thread! I read the whole thing. I bet that you could restart that challenge and give until the end of this year and still not pay anyone the $20!

BTW, have you changed your wallpaper yet? ;)

Search the internet and read about the Moss-Magnuson Act. Then you decide if a set of coil springs should void your warranty. It's doubtful that they would, but every dealership is different an unique in how they handle such issues.

According to that law, the dealership or manufacture are held liable to prove that the modification that you did to your car caused an issue to make you want to enact a warranty claim. If indeed they can prove that the aftermarket part caused the issue, they don't have to honor the warranty.

Get the lowering springs done and be happy.

Search the internet and read about the Moss-Magnuson Act. Then you decide if a set of coil springs should void your warranty. It's doubtful that they would, but every dealership is different an unique in how they handle such issues.

According to that law, the dealership or manufacture are held liable to prove that the modification that you did to your car caused an issue to make you want to enact a warranty claim. If indeed they can prove that the aftermarket part caused the issue, they don't have to honor the warranty.

Get the lowering springs done and be happy.

This ^^^

225/40/18 is too short for these cars, 225/45/18 comes stock on the 2.5GT

I would agree if your car is not lowered. I have 225/40/18's snow tires on my stock rims for the winter and i expect them to look decent now that my car is lowered.

I would agree if your car is not lowered. I have 225/40/18's snow tires on my stock rims for the winter and i expect them to look decent now that my car is lowered.

Agreed... My intentions are to lower the car roughly 1.5inches... on a 225/40/18 I think it'll sit nicely :)

OK, I can finally contribute to this thread. I JUST had my Swift springs installed and I also have a 19mm RSB (Subaru part) as well as a GT Spec Front Strut Tower Brace.

Only driven a few miles on the springs now but a world of difference after the install in handling, absolutely noticeable taking the first turn/corner. At this point I highly recommend them just from the feeling/performance upgrade as well as the look.

Pics of all 3 parts.

19MM RSB installed

DSC00054.JPG

Front Strut Tower Brace (GT Spec)

IMAG0042.jpg

And finally my Swift Sport Springs profile shot after install

After.jpg

I'm just here for the mods.