LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

Are those 18's?

Man they still look small.

Yes, they are 18's. They are transplants from my 4th gen. I don't have the cash to go get a new set of 19" tires and wheels. These tires still have a year left on them and then I have the stock tires from when I bought the car to use up after that so my the 18's will have to suffice for a while...

I'm just here for the mods.

Yes, they are 18's. They are transplants from my 4th gen. I don't have the cash to go get a new set of 19" tires and wheels. These tires still have a year left on them and then I have the stock tires from when I bought the car to use up after that so my the 18's will have to suffice for a while...

Wasn't bashing it's just sometimes I can't get over how these cars make 18 inch wheels seem so small. I feel the same way, still using the stock LGT wheels and RE050A's until they are toast, then it'll be upgrade time.

Wasn't bashing it's just sometimes I can't get over how these cars make 18 inch wheels seem so small. I feel the same way, still using the stock LGT wheels and RE050A's until they are toast, then it'll be upgrade time.

Me too. This should be the last summer on my stock wheels and 050As. Then new wheels + summers and all seasons for the oem wheels.

you guys must have some really nice roads from where you're at. I cant afford to have 18's here in WA state anymore let alone 19's. I have 18's on my other car and it's all banged up. dents all over the place from hitting them nasty pot holes.

I'd say the roads around my area, far NW suburbs of Chicago are actually pretty decent, with exceptions of course. And as far as winter goes I have my stock rims with blizzaks so that gets me through easily. I don't expect the ride height drop to really affect my driving in the winter/snow really at all. Blizzaks push me through it if there is any real accumulation on the roads in the winter months. The snow plows do a pretty good job of keeping it under control for the most part.

It's more that the H&R springs have never actually been out as far as anyone can tell. They've told several people 3-4 weeks, 6-8 weeks, etc. The springs have been in their catalog on their site for almost 2 years now but nobody's been able to get their hands on a pair. If anyone has gotten a set of H&R springs, they have not posted it on these forums.

Flashback to a year ago...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/h-r-springs-vaporware-challenge-144425p2.html

Maybe should check to see if Mike (msprank) has them.

http://www.infamousperformance.net/servlet/the-871/H%26R-Subaru-Legacy-3.6R/Detail

http://www.infamousperformance.net/servlet/the-870/H%26R-Subaru-Legacy-GT/Detail

Maybe should check to see if Mike (msprank) has them.

If someone who is in the market for some springs wants to check with him and get their hands on a set, go for it. I still welcome someone proving me wrong on this.

I've already got coilovers I'm happy with. :)

You filthy skimmer! :lol:

Yeah, so just head on over to this thread and look on the first page. There is a link to the exact one I bought, which a lot of people also bought. It's a 19MM RSB that is stock on an Outback, I believe.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/19mm-rear-sway-bar-install-pics-148945.html

Also in my thread over in the media section I also have more pictures and the link as well:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/new-rogue-mods-begin-154098p2.html

Get it, you need it!

OK, sorry DrD123. There just seems to be a rash lately of people just asking yet again another obvious question instead of doing the research. Many even admit that they don't want to read through all the posts about a subject and ask that someone hand feed it to them. Bah! And I'm really tired of that type of lazy. Especially about a topic that has been so very well documented here.

Get the Subaru 19mm solid RSB to replace your stock, 16mm hollow RSB. The 19mm unit comes from the '08+ STi. I'm not really sure if it came stock on the new Outbacks or not, but definitely the '08+ STi. They sell for about $78 from Subaru and come with the proper body mount bushings as well.

Filthy skimmers... ;):D

i dunno, i just hate how when someone asks about sway bars, everyone just answers 19mm subaru rear bar like it's the only one that fits and will work. people don't even try to get an idea of what the guy wants. just "19mm rear sway bar by subaru". what if he wants an aggressive track or canyon car?

why does everyone suggest the 19mm rear sway bar?

BECAUSE RACE CAR