LegacyGT.com

EFR twin-scroll build

i wouldn't say too big... just a weird shaped map... i mean it flows about the same as the 30r

http://www.turbodriven.com/performanceturbos/matchbot/images/70s75.jpg

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/sites/default/files/default_images/turbogroup/performance_maps/GTX3076R-comp.jpg

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen GTX3076's make 450hp at 23psi

I haven't seen a EFR do that at 25psi, and you don't want to run much more than that on a non-sleeved Subaru block. I think there is a very good reason the dyno sheets for these turbo's aren't as impressive as we all wanted them to be. I think these are great turbos, but not for the Subaru crowd.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I haven't seen a EFR do that at 25psi, and you don't want to run much more than that on a non-sleeved Subaru block. I think there is a very good reason the dyno sheets for these turbo's aren't as impressive as we all wanted them to be. I think these are great turbos, but not for the Subaru crowd.

Links to any said Subaru dyno graphs, please? I yet need to find one.

Perrin Blog is the easiest place to find a few

I've seen these. I was looking for a twinscroll one.

JDMChizad: when we can we hope to see some results?

no, why do you think I'm selling it?

This turbo is going to be happiest in the mid to upper 30's for boost. Subaru's don't do boost well.

This would be an awesome EVO turbo though.

But you have not tried it, have you? :lol: So much for the mad custom twinscroll fabrication skilzzzz....

After doing some research, this turbo supposedly sucks at sea level. Should do well where I'm at... About 5000 ft asl. Getting back to work on this bitch today and tomorrow between skiing. Moved the ABS module without having to reroute any lines, just need to fab a bracket. Now to figure out the FPR and power steering.

After doing some research, this turbo supposedly sucks at sea level.

I thought so to, but then if you plot out most of the 30Rs that we see, you will also notice they get run off the map all the time, and almost every 320 whp 18G and 340+ whp 20G is also run off the map.

He's not talking about the power output, he's talking about the efficiency of pairing the EFR7064 vs EFR7670. You have to factor in a lot of considerations such as air density, which then allow you to plot your airflow x pressure differential on each turbo's compressor map. The EFR7670 is a fantastic match for the EJ25 at sea level, but at elevation the 7064 may look like a more desirable plot (I haven't looked). I don't know, but it sounds like JDMChizad just did the comparison, if about a year too late. In real life I don't imagine you can go wrong with either setup on a DD, unless you have a strong bias to mid-rpm driveability vs high rpm hauling ass. But the 7670 does indeed require a LOT of pressure to run efficiently in the higher RPMs. Great if you have quality fuel to keep it under control, and a lot of supporting mods and wider range MAP sensor, a EGT sensor... although wouldn't P2/P1 make the bigger turbo a better match at elevation, since it bumps you up the Y axis? Eek I need to brush up... if no real need due to being in the low lands...
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

How is it possible that a turbo could suck at sea level and perform better at 5000' ASL?

My car feels like a dog at 3600' compared to when I'm at SL.

"Sucks at sea level" seems like something that only a NASIOC'er would say. :)

My best guess is that the truth behind that statement is that this turbo doesn't drop off as much as most when you gain altitude. BW's compressor maps seem to be aimed at higher pressure ratios than most Subarus run, so as altitude goes up, they probably don't drop off as much.

But I haven't looked at a BW compressor map in forever so I dunno how the difference in map shapes compares to the difference in ambient pressure at 5k or 10k or whatever altitude, so take this all with a grain of salt. It may nor may not make any difference in the real world.

"Sucks at sea level" seems like something that only a NASIOC'er would say. :)

Only imageine how it would suck below the sea level....

Kinda like this Outback:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_9mfPszcIWoo/TFjBk2XGuqI/AAAAAAAAAJ4/c5mViVNmulE/s1600/IMG_7971.jpg

Archived