LegacyGT.com

EFR twin-scroll build

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

speaking of water injection, I had an idea for cleaning out the engine from time to time in the way water injection does, except a different way :lol: pour a quart of windshield washer fluid into the FMIC core. It's so low, water will only get drawn up and into the engine little by little over time. Anyone see any issue with this staggering work of pure heartbreaking genius?

OP could do this :)

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I'd be worried that it would mostly not get picked up, until randomly sloshing into the motor all at once.

Better to tee the BOV actuator line into the WWF reservoir, and trickle it in Sea-foam style.

Or better yet, none of the above. :)

I'm a moron ok, so the map is aimed at being efficient at higher prs. Well, be has done well for themselves in the diesel market so that should be no surprise. However efficiency is just the percentage of power going to compressing the air vs total power going to the air. The remainder is heat. However, the less total power going to the air is significantly less at lower pressure ratios, so it will still flow the sr amount of air, at lower prs, it will just heat it up a similar amount. Still not an ideal turbo for low prs, just makes more sence then it doesn't work at low pressure.

You could put a baffle on the inlet/outlet to protect from sloshing, it would be gone pretty quickly due to evaporative cooling effects.

Also anyone know what the lowest elevation 1/4 mile drag strip is ? I know "no problem" is 12-15 ft

Better to tee the BOV actuator line into the WWF reservoir, and trickle it in Sea-foam style.

Perfect! done, going to do that on all my cars. Will post if I damage an engine, but to be realistic it's not going to hurt a damn thing; it will only do what the sprayer kits inadvertently do, clean everything :)

Or better yet, none of the above. :)
Where is your sense of adventure :lol:

Sorry for the OT, though OP could totally do this (while off boost) :)

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

jdmchizad, can you post some photos of the relocation that you were able to complete without rerouting of the lines in order to create room for the turbo?

just finished building the motor on my 08 wrx and now installing my EFR and full-race ts kit next but know i got some fitting hurdles ahead....

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

New wastegate actuator bracket

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n121/JDMChizad/9bb93348.jpg

Relocated ABS. Still need to make a bracket and figure out where to mount the power steering and coolant reservoirs.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n121/JDMChizad/b6d2307f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived