LegacyGT.com

EFR twin-scroll build

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, after having my radiator tested and replacing the crossover tube, I'm still leaking coolant! But, I finally found the leak. Just the big inlet tube. Tiny holes spraying the fans. But I did wrap my header since I had everything apart.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n121/JDMChizad/LGT%20build/2443EA45-5938-47F4-98EE-7D03E885E21A.jpg

I didn't read through all 37 pages but from what I did see it looks like a sweet build. Very nice!

What kind of front bumper is that on page 1? I love it!

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

• 1 month later...
Finally got around to reading through this build thread, guess work is useful for more than just a less than desirable income. You put so much work into the car and it sounds like you're only half way there. I'd love to see it in action this Sunday, or will you be in another little white Nissan?

• 4 weeks later...

I am currently working on a EFR7670 Single Scroll build on a fully built EJ20 for my 2005 JDM Legacy. Going to do the Hexmods Valvebody and Center Diff upgrade.

I can't say how helpful this thread was. Took alot of guesswork out of the picture and saved me some time trying to figure out where to put what. And I love the routing of the intercooler piping. Is the piping 2.5"?

When my build is done I'll post up everything. Thanks again for sharing this info...

SpecB

Just ordered Full Race Twin Scroll 7163 kit. Was there spots for EGT and wideband sensors in the full race kit? Or do I need to specifically request them to put it in, and where would you recommend I put sensors? I sent an email back to them waiting for response.

Mine didn't come with sensor bungs. Luckily, I had Cobb's head engineer come to my house for a beer and he marked off my EGT and wideband then I had JDM Legends (Cobb) weld the bungs on for me. I can take pictures, if you're interested.

Where would you recommend the bung for sensors?

Im thinking for wideband sensor to put it near the stock 02 location in the down pipe.

Not sure about the EGT on the new manifold since they are individual runners, on OEM manifold I put the sensor on drivers side right after the 2 cylinders meet and start going towards the crossover pipe.

• 1 year later...

Archived