LegacyGT.com

EFR twin-scroll build

So, my car has been on jack stands for most of this year so far and Full-Race still does not know when I will have my EFR. :(

yeah, i ask about every three weeks and its usually the same story. now they are waiting on the new supplier to build these housings for the turbos that they have aplenty. it'll be great times when they arrive and all the new data hits. i'm waiting, too.

Mine is supposed to ship the end of this month... but I'm not holding my breathe.

did you order a ts IWG 7064 or 7670? when were you told this?

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't remember which one I ordered..... It's TS IWG, that's all I can remember.

edit: according to my post #54, it's a TS 7064 IWG.

i would laugh because of the fact that you can't remember but it's been so long that i forgot, too, until last month when i switched my order and from a 7670 to a 7064.

sigh.

I have an excuse, it's not for me. It's for a customer... Although that customer got itchy and ordered a stock location turbo... which blew up the night of the tune and then the next morning his engine lost oil pressure when pulling it into the shop.

So I may have a 7064 TS IWG for sale if I can't find a car to put it in.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I don't remember which one I ordered..... It's TS IWG, that's all I can remember.

edit: according to my post #54, it's a TS 7064 IWG.

I assume IWG is standing for internally waste gated. Any reason you're going into as opposed to external? I'm always looking to hear from the LGT guys that are in the know so I'm curious.

With an EWG it always comes down to money, complexity, versatility and preference. In this case, if you want the .91? turbine area ratio and you must have EFR instead of GT, GTX, or SX (:wub: the SX), IWG is your only option, short of bracketing closed the IWG flapper(s) and running EWG. But why go through the hastle if you don't need to.

Chad, dang man that really sucks. Hope it arrives soon!

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
If the 7670 dynos are at all accurate, then this by association may be insane. However there are a lot of accusations of foul play or misleading comparisons with the 7670 dyno run. Still, very impressive, and probably the best we've seen yet.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• 2 weeks later...

He's referring to mounting a turbo "rotated" from the stock location, using a non-standard up-pipe and down-pipe. If you look down on the engine from above, the turbo has been rotated 30 to 45 degrees clockwise (it varies by kit).

Rotated kits generally use flanges or v-band connections that match what the major turbo vendors use, so that you can install turbos that weren't designed specifically for Subarus. Like Borg-Warner's EFR turbos, for example. Or Garrett, or Precision or whatever brand the kit was made for.

Rotating the turbo means you don't have to run the intake pipe underneath the intake manifold, and you (well, the kit fabricator) have more freedom to position and orient the turbo. They're also a bit easier to work on (the inlet under the manifold is a b****) and since the intake path is straighter they perform a little bit better. Above 400whp, most folks are running rotated setups. Below 400, most folks are running stock-location setups.

Archived