LegacyGT.com

The OFFICIAL 2012 Legacy Info Thread

LegGTLT

In fact, I even snapped a photo of one a couple of days ago (while riding as a passenger for the record, so no playing with the phone while driving!) - this is the kind of car that, much like the 4th gen Legacy and unlike anything Subaru offers today, makes me say, "oooh, I want that!" :)

Funny, because the BMW 5 series is one of the most reviled cars in the BMW lineups by purists due to the excessive Banglized exterior. It's almost like you just simply don't like the new Legacy and just figure out ways to make it seem like you have an eye for design.

From a silhouette, the old Camrys and Legacys stand apart -- on the subject of BMWs, the Subaru has a hoffmeister kink and the Camry's dont. Rather distinct difference due to the way the greenhouse looks.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From no other angles, did the two look alike. The BL Legacy is way too sleek to ever be confused with a Camry.

+1.

BTW, that silver Legacy looks just like my car, except of course mine lacks the hood scoop and mirror turn signal lights. Also, my fog lights are surrounded by black plastic. Did Subaru really make different fog light filler pieces for the GT?!

Funny, because the BMW 5 series is one of the most reviled cars in the BMW lineups by purists due to the excessive Banglized exterior. It's almost like you just simply don't like the new Legacy and just figure out ways to make it seem like you have an eye for design.

From a silhouette, the old Camrys and Legacys stand apart -- on the subject of BMWs, the Subaru has a hoffmeister kink and the Camry's dont. Rather distinct difference due to the way the greenhouse looks.

Yeah, the Hofmeister kink looks better than the Camry's droopy looking back door/C pillar design, imo.

I do wish they had kept the Legacy's trademark smaller back door on the 5th gen with the C pillar glass behind the door rather than incorporated into it.

As for the 5 Series, I'm surprised BMW purists would object. It seems to stay true to BMW's styling traits, just in a somewhat sleeker package than the previous gen.

• I Donated
Funny, because the BMW 5 series is one of the most reviled cars in the BMW lineups by purists due to the excessive Banglized exterior.

I think you're talking about the E60 5-series, not the new one (F10?). The E60 was fugly. The new one looks nice.

• 2 weeks later...
Jesus Christ. The 05 - 07 Legacy slightly resembled the same year Camries in that the trunklid and taillights were similar. The standard dual exhaust and black lower valence of the Legacy further separated the two.

From no other angles, did the two look alike. The BL Legacy is way too sleek to ever be confused with a Camry.

If you could ever confuse this:

http://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2010/06/17/15/45/2005_subaru_legacy_2_5_gt_limited-pic-3814573020910966602.jpeg

with this:

http://vlane.com/img/chrome/5085.jpg

then I will have Tommy come over there and hit you with a tack hammer because you are an idiot.

maybe he thought they looked the same because they both have headlights, hoods, and windshields? :lol:

NO NO NO, most people think that all silver cars look alike.

Hey there's just so much you do with a four door sedan.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I like the wagon for when I just want to stretch my legs (or even nap). I usually can't do that completely in any seat of a sedan or SUV. I can in a wagon, SUV, or van that has enough space after the seats are folded down.

According to Subaru’s new top executive in the U.S., Takeshi Tachimori, the March earthquake in Japan has delayed the launch of the redesigned 2012 Impreza compact until November. It was originally scheduled to go on sale in September.

In addition, production was also slowed across the rest of the Subaru lineup, including the Outback crossover, Legacy sedan, Tribeca SUV and Forester crossover, due primarily to a shortage of semiconductor chips for engine control and airbag control units. Normally, the 2012 models would begin arriving in August, but Subaru says it will now be October.

Subaru is counting on the Impreza as a linchpin in its goal to boost its total U.S. sales volume in five years to 350,000 units, an increase of 30 percent. Tachimori said he wantsthe 2012 Impreza, which was redesigned to better accommodate U.S. customer requirements for better fuel economy and more interior room, to double in sales. Currently, the Impreza sells between 2,500 and 3,000 per month.

Although the 2012 Impreza will begin arriving in November, dealers probably won’t have sufficient supply until December.

http://www.familycarguide.com/news/1064212_2012-subaru-impreza-delayed-due-to-earthquake

should i be posting this???

September is the last month for '11s on the Legacy/Outback/Tribeca

October is the last month for the Forester/Impreza WRX/STI

August for the Impreza

'12 will start

Legacy/Outback/Tribeca (yes still making it) in August

Forester/WRX/STI September

Impreza October

Deliveries

Legacy/Outback/Tribeca in late September

Forester/WRX/STI end of October-early November

Impreza end of November-early December

i work for a dealer and this was in a letter we got

Tribeca deliveries, eh?

kinda an oxymoron right?? we have had a Limited sitting on our lot since February only been test driving twice, giving $1k off INVOICE and cant get rid of the damn thing!!! we have 10 new Subarus left on our lot including the Tribeca........ that isnt very good trade bait :(

kinda an oxymoron right?? we have had a Limited sitting on our lot since February only been test driving twice, giving $1k off INVOICE and cant get rid of the damn thing!!! we have 10 new Subarus left on our lot including the Tribeca........ that isnt very good trade bait :(

I'd maybe take that Tribeca for all of the bells and whistles (plus puddle lights, remote engine starter, floor mats, other accessories) and $2k off. ;D

I can understand people not going to the dealer for Tribecas in droves since there is no marketing for them, but to hear they don't get sold after a test drive :( Not that I think those cars are a godsend in their segment but they are pretty nice.

I can understand people not going to the dealer for Tribecas in droves since there is no marketing for them, but to hear they don't get sold after a test drive :( Not that I think those cars are a godsend in their segment but they are pretty nice.

The Tribeca is a nice vehicle Subaru just doesnt market it right, now that Toyota runs the show and will absorb the Tribeca im sure the Highlander will do well :lol: 2012 Legacy one year closer to a redesign ;)

The Tribeca is a very nice suv...... its just gotta be more of an suv more room in the 2nd & 3rd row and some storage when 3rd row is up!!

btw i love my 2011, though the previous gen was much more fun to drive

We bought a fleet B9 back in 07 and loved it after the test drive.

But the MPG's aren't great and the damn gas tank was too small.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

Archived