LegacyGT.com

The OFFICIAL 2012 Legacy Info Thread

LegGTLT

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In reality the difference between a 2.0 and a 2.5 is very small when you drive it. It's only when you are racing that you recognize the difference.

Having owned both a 2.0 WRX and 2.5 WRX, LGT, and STI I disagree.

Around town, with the AC on is painful with the 2.0, and that WRX was only about 3200 lbs.

'20 Legacy XT Touring

13 Subarus and counting: http://jmaigroup.com/subarus/

If that's the case I'll order one as soon as they become available.

Me too, if (at least) the following two changes are made:

1) Replace the cable shifter with the STi setup.

2) Fix the shimmy issue. 2 out of 2 LGTs I've taken on test drives had it, and it's a deal-killer.

Me too, if (at least) the following two changes are made:

1) Replace the cable shifter with the STi setup.

2) Fix the shimmy issue. 2 out of 2 LGTs I've taken on test drives had it, and it's a deal-killer.

Not that far fetched since all the transmissions are imported anyways, but I'd like to see some further differentiation from the base GT then just the 6 speed they shoulda put in it in the beginning.

I've driven 3 '10-'11s, including my outback without noticing the shimmy, maybe I've just been lucky.

'20 Legacy XT Touring

13 Subarus and counting: http://jmaigroup.com/subarus/

Not that far fetched since all the transmissions are imported anyways, but I'd like to see some further differentiation from the base GT then just the 6 speed they shoulda put in it in the beginning.

I've driven 3 '10-'11s, including my outback without noticing the shimmy, maybe I've just been lucky.

Same here. My 2011 does not have shimmy issue.

I know this thread is for 2012 Legacys but I found news on the 2013 Legacy and Outbacks.

Subaru will be building a "3rd generation boxer engines" at SIA! Of course the story has no word on which engines will be built there.

http://www.jconline.com/article/20110526/NEWS09/110526028/SIA-seeks-tax-break-engine-building-equipment?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

• 2 weeks later...
I know this thread is for 2012 Legacys but I found news on the 2013 Legacy and Outbacks.

Subaru will be building a "3rd generation boxer engines" at SIA! Of course the story has no word on which engines will be built there.

http://www.jconline.com/article/20110526/NEWS09/110526028/SIA-seeks-tax-break-engine-building-equipment?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

That is a sad article there. They want tax breaks of $14 million just so they can add $4-8 million in jobs. If I was in Indiana...I'd be calling my local congressman (or woman for you PC people) and tell them to tel SOA to shove it...that this is NOT the time to be giving away money when Indiana needs it bad. SOA can do w/out the tax break, as they are having record sales.

I'm not holding my breath...Subaru seems to be a company going downhill and resting on its laurels in terms of product, even though it seems to be doing okay on sales.

Every time I see an older Subaru on the road, I end up seeing something that makes me think of how Subaru has gotten worse....like seeing an Outback sedan and thinking, oh, that's when Subaru offered the Outback trim in more forms, or seeing a non-Outback wagon, or seeing any Subaru with turn signal lights in the mirrors, and thinking that's before they totally dumbed down the North American models, or seeing any 4th gen Legacy GT and thinking, man, that's when Subaru actually produced a car I lusted after!

^That there is why I'm keeping my LGT until it breaks severely beyond repair...and I just can't afford anything I like as much as my car. Seems like with all car companies, prices are going up and quality is going down...Audi interiors for example.

• I Donated
like seeing an Outback sedan and thinking, oh, that's when Subaru offered the Outback trim in more forms,

Everyone I've ever talked to about the Outback sedans has been confused as to their purpose. Why would Subaru produce something where nobody sees the point?

or seeing any Subaru with turn signal lights in the mirrors, and thinking that's before they totally dumbed down the North American models,

Turn signals in the mirrors are clearly a must-have feature for everyone in the American populace... :rolleyes:

Face it -- Subarus are selling well due to a combination of good marketing and desirable product. Just because you don't like the direction they're going in, doesn't mean it doesn't make business sense.

^

Yes, if Subaru's sales are up, clearly they've made the right business decision (at least in the short term), even if some 2005-2009 LGT owners are disappointed with the current offering.

I usually buy new every two years, but extended test drives of a 2010 and a 2011 LGT have convinced me to keep the '08 Spec.B. There's always hope for the future...

Everyone I've ever talked to about the Outback sedans has been confused as to their purpose. Why would Subaru produce something where nobody sees the point?

Turn signals in the mirrors are clearly a must-have feature for everyone in the American populace... :rolleyes:

Face it -- Subarus are selling well due to a combination of good marketing and desirable product. Just because you don't like the direction they're going in, doesn't mean it doesn't make business sense.

The average person doesn't really care about the core features of a car, they look only at the price tag. OK, these days some are actually aware that the AWD feature is useful - especially if they live in hill/mountain country with icy roads. In the price tag it's not just what you pay for the car but also what the yearly cost is - including fuel consumption and how much cargo space you get.

The new Legacy is considerably larger and a lot softer than the 4th gen. Most of us here do prefer a relatively stiff car when it comes to suspension but that doesn't really sell - especially in the US.

And even though I don't push my car that hard I'm actually thinking of looking into suspension mods - like stiffer rollbars. However I'm not sure that there is a kit available for the wagon.

453747.png

• I Donated
The average person doesn't really care about the core features of a car, they look only at the price tag.

Define "core features." I'd say a decent percentage care about the color and how many cupholders the car has. :lol:

had the legacy gt 05 in 04 and was one of the 1st around my city to have the 4th gen. loved the car. looked into the 2011 and even test drove one.

i bought the new 11 wrx limited with hids, moonroof, bluetooth, usb/ipod control, leather seats etc.

for me, if subaru could somehow make the gt look and feel like a gt i would have stuck with a new legacy. finding a better fitment of the body to go with better looking wheels, having the rear of the car be more sporty, having a sportier feel interior wise (less nissan feel) too would be nice. the newer legacies felt pretty quick for its size but feels less planted on the road for me.

i don't mind the base legacy going after accord and camry. good for subaru to get more sales but make the gt model be a gt model. merge the 4th gen dna, with the 5th, and get sporty with better wheels and body modifications (wrx is a perfect example), and fix that lexus rear.

Define "core features." I'd say a decent percentage care about the color and how many cupholders the car has. :lol:

What kind of engine and who's making the gearbox are the core features. Cupholders are optional features, but I understand that many car buyers counts cup holders before cylinders on the engine.

, and fix that lexus rear.

Lexus rear?

453747.png

What kind of engine and who's making the gearbox are the core features. Cupholders are optional features, but I understand that many car buyers counts cup holders before cylinders on the engine.

Lexus rear?

it's always had a lexus kinda looking end to it. not sure what lexus model but i'm not the only one that has the same opinion.

Archived