LegacyGT.com

The OFFICIAL 2012 Legacy Info Thread

LegGTLT

2012 is the 3rd year of this generation. only 2 more model years before a redesign. Then we can all collectively hate on the next gen.

... and, the third year is usually the year for a refresh, so we can all hate on that until the redesign. :lol:

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So looking at these pics for the 2012 Outback (3.6R limited)

http://zautos.com/vehicle/ebrochure/2012/Subaru/Outback/AWD-3.6R-Limited-4dr-Wagon-5A/3.6L-F6-256hp-247lbs.-ft./5-speed-automatic-with-SHIFTRONIC/

Looks like ice silver is pretty similar to the other light silvers they have had. The steering wheel is different (looks nice) - the stereo doesn't have a 6cd, but does have HD radio and a color display. Exterior looks pretty much the same, and the wheels on it are the same as the '11, so maybe they didn't change either?

So looking at these pics for the 2012 Outback (3.6R limited)

http://zautos.com/vehicle/ebrochure/2012/Subaru/Outback/AWD-3.6R-Limited-4dr-Wagon-5A/3.6L-F6-256hp-247lbs.-ft./5-speed-automatic-with-SHIFTRONIC/

Looks like ice silver is pretty similar to the other light silvers they have had. The steering wheel is different (looks nice) - the stereo doesn't have a 6cd, but does have HD radio and a color display. Exterior looks pretty much the same, and the wheels on it are the same as the '11, so maybe they didn't change either?

People who dislike the CVT should be happy to see that link, assuming that the info about the 5 speed auto is correct.

Hold on.. I'm gonna need a magnified glass to read that new radio display. Glad to see they changed the wheel radio buttons to black, MY2011 already has the silver coloring wearing off.

looks like a whole new steering wheel (unless it's different in the OB than the Leg.). Mine has a center area like a bumper car's (circle), that one's more...jock-strapish.

I took delivery of my new 2012 Legacy GT yesterday. I must say I am very pleased with my experiences so far. :) Right now the kids are in bed, and I'm looking for any excuse to go out and run an errand at midnight.

The new blue is, in fact, very nice. I could not tell from that picture I posted in this thread a couple of weeks ago, but it is in fact a metallic color.

I *love* the clutch! The last Legacy GT I drove was a 2010, when I thought I'd buy used. Then I realized they had kept so much of their value that I'd be better off buying new; and by then new meant 2012. I don't know what the clutch was like in the 2011, but the 2010 was a bit "touchy" for my taste. The 2012 handles like a dream.

Other than the improved clutch it doesn't feel like much has changed; excet for the radio redesign you've already seen pictures of.

-S'Cipio

NewCar.thumb.jpg.a75f23945177a9d593b4f2ff8a728681.jpg

I took delivery of my 2012 Legacy on Saturday morning (2.5i limited in graphite grey w/ body moldings & spoiler). The car looks great and the new radio display is very sharp and the text is very big - no magnifying glass needed! I think the new steering wheel is an improvement also - looks less flashy.

I have to vent a little frustration though, the dealer screwed me over on my rear view mirror. I ordered the entire car at invoice including accessories and while I clearly stated I wanted the auto-dim mirror w/ compass and homelink, the car arrived with a regular old mirror. I guess I never had it in writing and the guy turned into a jerk on me over it insisting that I never ordered it (customer is always right, right?). Oh well, I know I can always add it later and the mirror is just a mirror (but damn if that isn't the first thing I look at when I get in the car!)

I took delivery of my new 2012 Legacy GT yesterday. I must say I am very pleased with my experiences so far. :) Right now the kids are in bed, and I'm looking for any excuse to go out and run an errand at midnight.

The new blue is, in fact, very nice. I could not tell from that picture I posted in this thread a couple of weeks ago, but it is in fact a metallic color.

I *love* the clutch! The last Legacy GT I drove was a 2010, when I thought I'd buy used. Then I realized they had kept so much of their value that I'd be better off buying new; and by then new meant 2012. I don't know what the clutch was like in the 2011, but the 2010 was a bit "touchy" for my taste. The 2012 handles like a dream.

Other than the improved clutch it doesn't feel like much has changed; excet for the radio redesign you've already seen pictures of.

-S'Cipio

Front temp tags??? What state are you in? Nice ride btw.

Ya know what's funny? If you go on subaru.com, and go to build your own, they still have only the 2011 MY. From what I understand, you can't order a 2011 anymore.

Subaru.com has historically been intentionally slow to update so dealers can clear stock of '11s (if there are any out there)

Even still, give it a few weeks I'm sure it'll kick over.

'20 Legacy XT Touring

13 Subarus and counting: http://jmaigroup.com/subarus/

Ya know what's funny? If you go on subaru.com, and go to build your own, they still have only the 2011 MY. From what I understand, you can't order a 2011 anymore.

Just tried getting a brochure for the 2012 from SoA - they said they expect the brochures in 2 weeks or so, do not have the electronic ones yet, and that the website would likely not be updated until December (!) to support the existing models... hopefully they do that sooner rather than later, but I imagine they are waiting until all of the 2012s are either out or orderable...

I already have 2500 miles on my 2.5 Legacy (mostly highway miles) and I haven't noticed the slightest hint of vibration - it rides really great on the highway - I've driven with it loaded down with 4 adults + luggage and just me - really didn't notice a difference.

Archived