LegacyGT.com

The OFFICIAL 2012 Legacy Info Thread

LegGTLT

How does it work that the WRX and STI are getting deliveries before the base Impreza? Isn't it usually the other way around? And I thought the new STI was getting a rework for 2013...

...it's likely b/c the WRX and STI are unchanged for the '12 model year.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Power folding mirrors are rumored for 2012 Legacy.

I already have them on my '10.

And the dark blue it to be replaced by a new "indigo" color.

Interesting to see how they manage to keep a sell-able blue in the lineup that doesn't look purple.

And in Holland they do have a "Dark Amethyst Silica" color that's on the purple side. I haven't seen it in real life, but was surprised that it was only offered there. So it may be a market test they made to see if the color was acceptable.

See the Dutch site here: http://www.subaru.nl/Model.aspx?modelId=8de93ced-8713-43a4-b4ee-d66f1e761eef&pageId=1

At least now we may have some new things to figure out - browsing different sites to figure out "unusual" features for a specific market that may indicate of things to come.

453747.png

Hey everyone,

I've been car shopping for about 2 months now debating & deciding, but I finally just made a decision on a 2012 Legacy.

Pre-ordered a '12 from a local dealer for a fantastic deal. Got a dark grey 2.5i limited with moonroof, homelink mirror, body side panels, spoiler and all weather mats all for "under $26,000" according to the dealer. He quoted me at invoice of $25,700 but said the 2012s are going up by $200-300 (he doesn't know exactly how much). Said I should have the car within 60 days.

Really excited about the new ride. I started a new job as a sales rep in June and since then have put 6000 miles on my Nissan Sentra from college. Needless to say I am ready for a big upgrade in car (I'd love to take a baseball bat to the sentra right now actually!). The Legacy's combination of price + seat comfort + mpg + AWD was tough to match in another car within the $24-28k range.

After test driving & considering the Prius, Elantra, Volvo S40, Buick Regal, Chevy Equinox & a few other pre-owned models I'm confident I made the right choice.

Thank you all for the forums so far and I look forward to reading & sharing more. I'll post again when my car arrives!

Non turbo, that is correct. The Regal was very nice and sophisticated on the interior but I wasn't crazy about how it drove. It still has that classic Buick going to the early bird buffet feel. Granted it was really quiet and smooth but slow to downshift and not sporty like I felt with the Legacy. Actually my thought at the time was that I left the parking brake on...

For $2k extra and 5mpg less it wasn't worth it.

Non turbo, that is correct. The Regal was very nice and sophisticated on the interior but I wasn't crazy about how it drove. It still has that classic Buick going to the early bird buffet feel. Granted it was really quiet and smooth but slow to downshift and not sporty like I felt with the Legacy. Actually my thought at the time was that I left the parking brake on...

For $2k extra and 5mpg less it wasn't worth it.

I'm actually going to place a lot of value on quiet and smooth in the future! When I ride in some friends' Hondas (like one that's an '04 or '05 Accord with 150,000 miles and another Acura TSX with almost 70k miles) I'm impressed by how solid and quiet they still are! By contrast, my Legacy with 55,000 miles (that has pretty much been babied) seems to have all sorts of noises from various places. I feel like Subarus just aren't as well built as one would expect, and perhaps the company's reputation is somewhat inflated?

I'm actually going to place a lot of value on quiet and smooth in the future! When I ride in some friends' Hondas (like one that's an '04 or '05 Accord with 150,000 miles and another Acura TSX with almost 70k miles) I'm impressed by how solid and quiet they still are! By contrast, my Legacy with 55,000 miles (that has pretty much been babied) seems to have all sorts of noises from various places. I feel like Subarus just aren't as well built as one would expect, and perhaps the company's reputation is somewhat inflated?

Time for you to move on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I may have found examples of the new colors.

I thought I had placed an order for a 2012 Legacy GT two weeks ago; but got a call from the dealer the next day saying that Subaru had dropped Azurite blue. They had two new colors, Deep Indigo Pearl and Ice Silver Metallic, but that he could not find out what they looked like. My order has been on hold since, while he bugs his suppliers to try and get a brochure or a color sample.

For anyone else curious, the Outback forum may have beaten the dealer. Here is a picture of a Tribeca they found online, with examples of Deep Indigo Pearl and Ice Silver Metallic. I assume the look of the colors will be the same for the Legacy GT.

What do you think? Does this Deep Indigo Pearl look blue? or purple? (or black.....?)

http://zautos.com/vehicle/ebrochure/2012/Subaru/Tribeca/AWD-3.6R-Touring-4dr-SUV/3.6L-F6-256hp-247lbs.-ft./5-speed-automatic-with-SHIFTRONIC/

If you click on "Gallery", all the bigger pics seem to be of the Deep Indigo Pearl.

-S'Cipio

Archived