LegacyGT.com

The OFFICIAL 2012 Legacy Info Thread

LegGTLT

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VDC is for people not able to handle oversteer/understeer, but in some cases it can actually be good to have. In other situations - like in deep snow it gets completely lost and removes engine power when you need it most. The good thing is that you can disable it.

As for LSD:s - I agree that they are really good to have, but they also add to cost so I can understand that they did disappear just for the reason to keep the cars affordable - especially when the economy went down the drain. It's a compromise.

453747.png

Any info on the 2012 Legacy STI? :iam:

Yes, there will not be 2012 Legacy STi. :rolleyes:

Next question.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Well hopefully the 12 Legacy gets rid of that stupid electronic e brake and cable actuated shifters. I hope they put a real mechanical handbrake back in,and the 09 Spec B 6 speed in the GT. We can only hope right? my guess is color changes and that's about it for the 12 legacy's. :rolleyes: bring back the Outback XT!!! and make an Impreza outback turbo.

E-brake and cable shifter is here to stay since they're more upscale, which is where they're trying to push the Legacy and Outback. They're not going to take a significant step back by putting a direct link back in or removing usable space to put in a manual handbrake.

E-brake and cable shifter is here to stay since they're more upscale, which is where they're trying to push the Legacy and Outback.

Oh no, don't give us this bullcrap now. They're there simply because they are either cheaper or "more safe". This has nothing to do with upscaling, other than Audi having the e-brake POS. Besides, wasn't the BL/BP "upscale" push deemed as a failure that Subaru swore not to repeat ????

cable operated is more upscale, but less sporty. It's there to eliminate noise and vibrations from the transmission entering the cabin. The downside is that shift feel is reduced. That being said, Honda always gets high praise for its shifters. Honda and Acura almost exclusively use cable operated shifters. As a side note, it is more expensive to produce than the direct rod shifter.

An electronic E-brake is also more expensive to produce. Subaru used it in the Legacy/Outback to free up space in the cabin. The Chevy Volt, Buick Regal, 7 Series BMW, Audi, and Jaguar all use an electronic parking brake. I have to say, it's pretty amazing in the Legacy GT for its integration with the Hill Holder. It's much better than the Incline Assist in the Impreza/Forester.

For the record, FHI stated a couple of years ago that they are done with their forced push upmarket, and that they'd be a premium brand when the customer says they are a premium brand. There's no reason not to incorporate some premium technologies here and there though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As far as feel goes, it's more everyone else has terrible shifters compared to Honda. Cable isn't mutually exclusive, it's just effort put into it. Only Honda seems to actually care about making a truly slick shifter.

:iam:

It is indeed...

Well, at least some people have a sense of humor still... :lol:

Yes, there will not be 2012 Legacy STi. :rolleyes:

Next question.

Annnnd, not so much. :lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Well, at least some people have a sense of humor still... :lol:

Annnnd, not so much. :lol:

I laugh every time someone asks whether there will be a Legacy STI in the US. This joke will never get old. :p

Well we all can agree that the real Legacy died in 2009,and was replaced by an abomination. The new ones just dont do it for me. I love my BL/BP for life! i am also curious as to why in the hell the 10-11 GT doesn't come with SI drive anymore? will they also use the lower turbo setup on the new FB turbo when it debuts?:iam:

It doesn't come with SI-Drive anymore because few Americans saw the value in it. We gave SOA the message that we'd rather have Sport-# all the time, so they made the LGT Sport-#.

It doesn't come with it because Subaru got cheap and severely de-contented the car to cut costs. Americans get rental grade crap while the overseas model, while also ugly, still at least has things like SI drive, folding mirrors with turn signal indicators, and other items that disappeared on the American version.

The new model is more quiet, has a better suspension design, two better engine options and is considerably more roomy amongst other things. It may be missing folding mirrors, but it's a more competitive car on the open market. Money talks, bullshit walks.

It doesn't come with it because Subaru got cheap and severely de-contented the car to cut costs. Americans get rental grade crap while the overseas model, while also ugly, still at least has things like SI drive, folding mirrors with turn signal indicators, and other items that disappeared on the American version.

A car lacking SI drive (worthless imho), folding mirrors (never used these in my life) and turn signal indicators is hardly "rental grade." Get over it.

Archived