LegacyGT.com

The OFFICIAL 2012 Legacy Info Thread

LegGTLT

He said it looks more like a BMW, which is where I saidit looks like the prev gen 3 series from 01-05, down to the interior that gen 3 series interior and 4th gen legacy look a lot alike as well. My parents have an 05 camry and from out side to interior, the legacys exterior looks much more sleek and euro styling, meanwhile the camry has a very bulky and dull looking exterior, interior wise the legacys interior is MUCH more appealing than the camry, camry interior looks more like a rental car and boring. Also might be to the fact that my mom has hit so many thing things with that car :lol:

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, Subaru has had a unique customer base, which is what set the legacy, outback, forester and impreza from the rest of the car industry, prev gen subaru's didn't look like their competitors, i just think if Subaru really wanted to get into the mainstream market they should have designed another car to fit that mold instead of making all their cars transform in to something that isn't their image. Subaru also did very well in the car industry with their unique cars. Now there is nothing unique, adventurous or enthusiast friendly about the Subaru cars. The impreza's look like corollas, the legacy looks like a camry and the forester and outback is just hideous. Although the look of the STI and WRX has grown on me a little they do make it look more aggressive than the base models, however when I sell my legacy this year I'm more than likely not buying another Subaru, I'm leaning more towards an Evo MR or Evo GSR at this point in time. Unless I can get a good deal on a WRX or STI its looking more like a Evo for me.

Also, Subaru has had a unique customer base, which is what set the legacy, outback, forester and impreza from the rest of the car industry, prev gen subaru's didn't look like their competitors, i just think if Subaru really wanted to get into the mainstream market they should have designed another car to fit that mold instead of making all their cars transform in to something that isn't their image. Subaru also did very well in the car industry with their unique cars. Now there is nothing unique, adventurous or enthusiast friendly about the Subaru cars. The impreza's look like corollas, the legacy looks like a camry and the forester and outback is just hideous. Although the look of the STI and WRX has grown on me a little they do make it look more aggressive than the base models, however when I sell my legacy this year I'm more than likely not buying another Subaru, I'm leaning more towards an Evo MR or Evo GSR at this point in time. Unless I can get a good deal on a WRX or STI its looking more like a Evo for me.

So Subaru is supposed to carry 10 different models? That doesn't make $ sense for them. Just to cater to "unique" buyers. Get real. PS- they are selling more cars with their current line-ups then they ever have.

"While the automaker saw about a 9.3% drop in U.S. sales last month versus 2010, the company -- which had a huge 2010 (when it posted record sales and a 21.8% increase versus 2009) -- is still on a positive trend year-to-date. Subaru reported that year-to-date sales were up 2.56% through July. But that is still pretty far removed from the stellar 50% increase in sales since 2009, while the rest of the market overall had been in a slump."

Source: http://www.mediapost.com/publications/?fa=Articles.showArticle&art_aid=157457

And you really don't follow cars news- the EVO is dead.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/02/report-mitsubishi-official-says-evo-franchise-is-dead/

They're going eco-friendly. Sorry. Keep your GT.

You see when youre an enthusiast you go on multiple car sites, ive known since june about the discontuation of the Evo, it was posted on NASIOC the day it happened. But that doesnt mean dealerships wont have 2011 models in stock still, in fact a mitsu dealership in town,has 3 in stock, one being the MR I want. If I have to I will buy a 09 or 10 used, I have no problem buying used, I bought my WRX, 98 LGT and M3 all used and they were and great cars. I want an evo because its a nice lookimg car, I love the BBS' and have a great amount of power out of the box for the price cant go wrong. Aftermarket wise I would also spend a great deal less on parts to get 400hp than I would on N STI, LGT or WRX. If anything right now is the time to buy that new MR that ive seen because I could get a great deal on it so they could make room for their eco friendly cars.

wait, you're roasting Subaru but going to mitsubishi? if you cared about anything you just said, You wouldn't even be considering Mitsubshi. And I'm sorry, this just doesn't light my fire.

Impreza

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/vehicle-pictures/2001/subaru/impreza/93810061990103-480.jpg

and good luck on 400 hp reliably without building your engine and clutch packs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now if you read anything I wrote I said I was choosing between the STI and the Evo, have you driven the Evo? I wasnt crazy about the evo X when I first saw it online but when I finally saw one in person, drove it I fell in love. Same with the GR STI hated it when I first saw it, then saw one in person and drove one I loved it. For the money the evo especially the MR you get more for. More HP, a better suspension and recaro's. I loved subaru for many years, but with what theyve been putting out recently my fanboy days are done and looking at other options. Of course when youre still a suby fanboy like yourself its hard to see outside that mold. Ive also considered a G37, and a 335i xdrive as part of my purchasing decision, and I liked the evo the most.

You see when youre an enthusiast you go on multiple car sites, ive known since june about the discontuation of the Evo, it was posted on NASIOC the day it happened. But that doesnt mean dealerships wont have 2011 models in stock still, in fact a mitsu dealership in town,has 3 in stock, one being the MR I want. If I have to I will buy a 09 or 10 used, I have no problem buying used, I bought my WRX, 98 LGT and M3 all used and they were and great cars. I want an evo because its a nice lookimg car, I love the BBS' and have a great amount of power out of the box for the price cant go wrong. Aftermarket wise I would also spend a great deal less on parts to get 400hp than I would on N STI, LGT or WRX. If anything right now is the time to buy that new MR that ive seen because I could get a great deal on it so they could make room for their eco friendly cars.

Then why don't you go out tomorrow and take your GT to the Mitsu dealer, trade it in and get your EVO, get off his forum, and join the EVO forum. Here's the link for your convenience: http://evolutionm.net/

Oh, but wait- you're a true "enthusiast"- you already know the site.

My bad.

Can you guys take the arguing about whose e-penis is bigger to another thread? This is the 2012 Legacy Info Thread, not the "I'm going to buy an Evo" thread or the "Hoffmeister kinks are so cool" thread. :lol:

While we're on the subject, why does this thread even exist? There are no updates to the MY12 Legacy. It's only year three of the model. Where is the MY13 Legacy thread?

Then why don't you go out tomorrow and take your GT to the Mitsu dealer, trade it in and get your EVO, get off his forum, and join the EVO forum. Here's the link for your convenience: http://evolutionm.net/

My bad.

How about you start a forum called "subaru25i.com" after all this is a legacy GT forum. Ive also been on this forum for a few years now and still love the legacygt community and the people ive met at meets, btw youre a North Carolina man, why dont you come down to Jacksonville and come talk to the camp lejeune subaru guys about how you keep subarus doors open bc you buy new, I bet none of us will really care.

There were extensive changes for the 2007 Legacy -- new turbo, ECU, instrument cluster, SpecB with 6MT, etc. It's possible the 2012 Legacy will be the same way. Unlikely, but possible.

The 5th Gen GT hasn't gotten very good reviews on C/D, M/T, consumer reports, etc. and I haven't heard of any updates coming down the pipeline, so I'd say it's doubtful. I think even if they were, Subaru has had their hands full with just getting parts and cars shipped (specifically the MY12 Impreza) from Japan with all the effects of the earthquake. Who knows, with the ways things have been going, what are the odds that they just drop the GT? (not that I want them to!)

How about you start a forum called "subaru25i.com" after all this is a legacy GT forum. Ive also been on this forum for a few years now and still love the legacygt community and the people ive met at meets, btw youre a North Carolina man, why dont you come down to Jacksonville and come talk to the camp lejeune subaru guys about how you keep subarus doors open bc you buy new, I bet none of us will really care.

Um, that's actually not a bad idea. You see, the forum website is LegacyGT.com, but when you load it up, all it says at the top is "Legacy Owners Association". I am a Legacy owner, though I don't have the GT. Since you're good with the forum community, maybe they can make it clear that this is a Legacy GT forum, not a Legacy forum.

And I appreciate your service, sincerely. One of my bud's out in Cali is a Marine. I don't think I'll take you up on your offer though; sounds like I'd be walking into a lion's den. Just fyi, I like to play devil's advocate and debate. To be clear, I don't keep Subaru's door's open by myself, but collectively, people, like you and I, that do buy new cars do keep car manufacturers running and they contribute to the US GDP! (when built in US).

My bad.

Lol, I just logged in today and I find the same retard sent me a PM QQ'ing about something again, lmao. You should be careful. He gets butt hurt VERY easily. It seems he likes to rant on this forum because no one in real life wants to deal with him. :lol: I just ignored him after he went into full-time QQ-mode.

And the Juke is selling because it is the ONLY AWD vehicle sold in the US that is sub-$21k (ish), other than the Subaru Impreza, Legacy, and Forester. It is also the only AWD vehicle currently for sale that gets 30 mpg highway (other than the CVT Legacy). Why do you think the new Impreza will have the CVT and better mpg? For all you people complaining about the new looks of the MY12 Impreza, would you rather have it (or the 5th gen Legacy) or the Juke? Because that's what's available in the US market for that type of vehicle (AWD) with the sub $21-22k market.

Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ($23k+), Suzuki Kizashi ($22k+), and Suzuki SX4 ($17k+) are also in the same price+mpg+AWD ballpark.

Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ($23k+), Suzuki Kizashi ($22k+), and Suzuki SX4 ($17k+) are also in the same price+mpg+AWD ballpark.

Mitsu Outlander Sport CVT w/ AWD= $23805 (w/ delivery)

Suzuki Kizashi CVT w/ AWD= $22994 (w/ delivery)

Suzuki SX4 MAN w/ AWD= $17894 (w/ del.)

Suzuki SX4 CVT w/AWD= $19494

Subaru Comp's (all w/ del.)

Subaru Forester= $22420

Subaru Legacy CVT= $21720

Subaru Impreza (hatch, to be fair) MAN= $18720

Impreza w/ Auto= $19720

All cheaper except for the Impreza, which, for the $ difference...I'd take a Subie. With Suzuki's sales in the US, who knows how much longer they will stay here. But good call on those; I forgot they had some cheaper AWD models. They don't really advertise very well.

Subaru FTW! :)

PS- I just watched a Legacy commercial on TV. I love that car.

When did you become Mother Theresa? ;-)

When we got into retarded brand wars and e-penis measurement contests. :lol: At least you and I stayed on topic back in the day of arguing the merits of the newest Legacy. This... well, this is just not even fun to read. :spin:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

2012 is the 3rd year of this generation. only 2 more model years before a redesign. Then we can all collectively hate on the next gen.

:lol:

In all seriousness B4, you know that's not what I hope for. :) I loved the transition from the 3rd Gen to the 4th. I own/ed both. I hope for nothing but the best out of the 2015, I really want to like it. :D

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Archived