LegacyGT.com

The OFFICIAL 2012 Legacy Info Thread

LegGTLT

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Define "core features." I'd say a decent percentage care about the color and how many cupholders the car has. :lol:

True. My sister in law and her husband just leased a CR-V. They wouldn't even consider the legacy or forester because they didn't like the way they looked... I literally almost hurled when I heard what they paid. The value they got with the CR-V compared to what they could have gotten in a Subaru is terrible.

I'm almost astonished when I hear the trivial things that determine some buyer's decision. The percentage of people who make irrational decisions is almost mind boggling. :spin:

• I Donated
True. My sister in law and her husband just leased a CR-V. They wouldn't even consider the legacy or forester because they didn't like the way they looked... I literally almost hurled when I heard what they paid. The value they got with the CR-V compared to what they could have gotten in a Subaru is terrible.

I'm almost astonished when I hear the trivial things that determine some buyer's decision. The percentage of people who make irrational decisions is almost mind boggling. :spin:

With that said, for non-enthusiasts, a lot of whether you enjoy driving a car is whether you have little things that annoy you. My aunt didn't buy a Sonata because she didn't like the high beltline (poor visibility) and the blue center console lighting. She ended up with an Accord, partially because there were no little things that annoyed her, partially because of the good crash test results, and partially because of good fuel economy. Most other considerations didn't enter into the picture.

I don't see much similarity between mine and a Lexus, but maybe that's because I have the wagon.

Could very well be. There's definitely a lot in common from behind. There's a little difference in the tail light that I've learned to look for after sneaking up on a bunch of false-lgt's.

I had a couple of female friends who didnt buy certain bang for the buck laptops because it wasn't white...

The GS. I see it too.

:eek::hide:

What are you doing in here? :lol:

Sooooo... yeah. Do updates come in August or September for the Legacy this year?

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Turn signals in the mirrors are clearly a must-have feature for everyone in the American populace... :rolleyes:

Just one of those little things that differentiates between cars for discerning customers and cars for non-discerning customers.

I guess such sophisticated features as mirrors with turn signal indicators are reserved for the likes of Hyundai now! ;)

http://carguideblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011-Hyundai-Sonata-1.jpg

Meanwhile, this seems to describe Subaru's new philosophy, ironically enough!

http://assets.creativity-online.com/images/work/large/s/u/b/Subaru_MediocrityWebsite10.jpg

• I Donated
Just one of those little things that differentiates between cars for discerning customers and cars for non-discerning customers.

Maybe you should read what we've been discussing for the last page and a half. ;)

Once again -- you are probably one of three people for whom turn signals in the mirrors are a make-or-break feature. :lol:

Maybe you should read what we've been discussing for the last page and a half. ;)

Once again -- you are probably one of three people for whom turn signals in the mirrors are a make-or-break feature. :lol:

Dual exhaust outlets and turn signals are luxury features. Meanwhile, engines that sound like garbage and lack of a proper drivetrain aren't luxury features.

I guess such sophisticated features as mirrors with turn signal indicators are reserved for the likes of Hyundai now! ;)

http://carguideblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011-Hyundai-Sonata-1.jpg

Meanwhile, this seems to describe Subaru's new philosophy, ironically enough!

http://assets.creativity-online.com/images/work/large/s/u/b/Subaru_MediocrityWebsite10.jpg

That car looks closer to yours than the current Legacy for sure.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My 2.5i Limited doesn't even have 'em, but I always liked them on the GT model. The thing that gets me is that Subaru has them on the overseas models, and then goes out of its way to make a cheaper separate mirror for the dumbed down American version.

I'm wondering when you are going to stop harping on mirrors. After all, we've clearly established that you're the only one who gives a shit. :lol:

Has that been clearly established? In any case, it's indicative of the overall trend at Subaru, which is cost cutting and de-contenting.

But the bottom line for me is the 4th gen Legacy GT really got me interested in the Subaru lineup, and seeing one always gave me that "I want one!" feeling. The current Legacy instills no such desire.

• I Donated
Has that been clearly established?

Here, let's establish it.

Does anyone in this thread besides MJ in PA care about turn signals in mirrors???? :confused:

Heck, I have a GT and I can 100% say that they played absolutely no role in me wanting a LGT. They were a nice bonus, but honestly, they did not play a factor in my decision.

In any case, it's indicative of the overall trend at Subaru, which is cost cutting and de-contenting.

Cost cutting and de-contenting where it doesn't matter. Besides, Subaru has a long and storied tradition of cost cutting and de-contenting. The interior materials used in the second-gen Legacy were inferior to many of the ones used in the first-gen, even if the design was more modern and appealing.

Has that been clearly established? In any case, it's indicative of the overall trend at Subaru, which is cost cutting and de-contenting.

But the bottom line for me is the 4th gen Legacy GT really got me interested in the Subaru lineup, and seeing one always gave me that "I want one!" feeling. The current Legacy instills no such desire.

You should take a look at VW if you want to see true cost cutting these days.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here, let's establish it.

Does anyone in this thread besides MJ in PA care about turn signals in mirrors???? :confused:

Heck, I have a GT and I can 100% say that they played absolutely no role in me wanting a LGT. They were a nice bonus, but honestly, they did not play a factor in my decision.

Cost cutting and de-contenting where it doesn't matter. Besides, Subaru has a long and storied tradition of cost cutting and de-contenting. The interior materials used in the second-gen Legacy were inferior to many of the ones used in the first-gen, even if the design was more modern and appealing.

I do! It's not a make or break item, but I definitely like them and think they're a safety feature.

The reason Subaru is cutting things like that in the US market is because the auto market is pretty cutthroat here. A lot of competition, and, since Subaru quit pushing upmarket, they're having to compete on cost, which means decontenting.

I personally liked it better when Subaru was pushing upmarket, as they distinguished themselves better. Now they're neck-deep in boring cars (and made the entire line more boring to compete).

Archived