LegacyGT.com

The OFFICIAL 2012 Legacy Info Thread

LegGTLT

:D Most people who have done their homework realize you're just a troll without even having to click on that.

Troll? That's really the first thing I've ever posted bashing the fifth gen Legacies. Check out the rest of my posts, I'm really not a troll. And it was meant to be more of a joke than a bash. Honestly, I love some of the modified 5th gens, the stock look just isn't for me. I'd be willing to bet that a pretty sizable percentage of Legacy owners agrees with me that the 5th gen took a step toward the Camry and a step away from the Legacy.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dont mind gelacy, she just found out what the term troll means in forum language so anyone making fun of the 5th gen legacy is a "troll". She really is the troll on this forum making pretty insults at people.

Dont mind gelacy, she just found out what the term troll means in forum language so anyone making fun of the 5th gen legacy is a "troll". She really is the troll on this forum making pretty insults at people.

Oh my. I didn't think you'd still be so butt hurt over a little joke. :rolleyes: Ahahaha, that's okay though.

Troll? That's really the first thing I've ever posted bashing the fifth gen Legacies. Check out the rest of my posts, I'm really not a troll. And it was meant to be more of a joke than a bash. Honestly, I love some of the modified 5th gens, the stock look just isn't for me. I'd be willing to bet that a pretty sizable percentage of Legacy owners agrees with me that the 5th gen took a step toward the Camry and a step away from the Legacy.

And what does checking all of your other posts have to do with being a troll? The act of a troll is the attempt to start a flame, regardless of previous post history. I never said anything about you and your past post history.

I'd be willing to bet that a pretty sizable percentage of Legacy owners agrees with me that the 5th gen took a step toward the Camry and a step away from the Legacy.

I have the 5th gen and I looked at Accords, Camry's, etc., when buying. I had a Subaru Impreza before this vehicle. I bought the Subaru because it was bigger than the camry/accord, had AWD, and looked better than the camry and accord (4dr; still like the looks of the 2dr, but it's not AWD or RWD...), and had better gas mileage with the CVT. I looked at 4th gen's used, but the gas mileage was just not there compared the 5th gen, and I could get a new 5th gen for almost what they wanted for a used 4th gen!

Honestly, I think the 4th gen Legacy looks just like the previous gen camry, and it's the same story now. They source the same parts and Toyota has a 14-15% stake in FHI. They are tied to together and will continue to be, so get used to it! It helps make the cars cheaper for you and I to buy too!

http://images.usedcheapcars.org/used-subaru/2008-subaru-legacy-2-5-gt-spec-b/subaru_legacy_2008_photos_Sedan_Exterior_2008-Subaru-Legacy-ext-1-ucc.jpg

http://www.chinatownconnection.com/images/toyotacamry.jpg

http://www.cardata.com/spoilers/images/DN_Spoilers/2005_up_Subaru_Legacy.gif

http://www.hunterscustom.com/images/sj6117.jpg

lolololz ima hypocrite

:lol: Talk about immaturity, lol; picking a fight because you're still butt hurt over getting embarrassed about your manual transmission comment. And now you're trying to justify your mistake by trying to find if I made one as dumb as yours. Smart move, for a hypocrite. :rolleyes:

and the baja...well, that just looks like crap. sorry subaru. no one else was stupid enough to make anything like that recently...ford and chevy learned from that mistake about 20 years ago

People are buying up the Nissan Juke and everyone, at first, hated it. Most people still do. Same for the Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet (CC) but I doubt people of the same amount for the Juke will start to accept the Murano CC.

Honestly, I think the 4th gen Legacy looks just like the previous gen camry, and it's the same story now. They source the same parts and Toyota has a 14-15% stake in FHI. They are tied to together and will continue to be, so get used to it! It helps make the cars cheaper for you and I to buy too!

You are out of your mind. For one thing, ever hear of the Hofmeister kink? Well Camry's never had it and that makes a big difference in how the Legacy looks. The front end of the Camry and Legacy also look nothing alike because of the much lower cowl and beltline on the Legacy. Character lines on the Legacy are much more defined and crisp compared to the marshmallow like Camry. Only someone who knows very little about cars would claim that a 4th gen looks like a Camry.

You also make too much out of the Toyota-FHI partnership. The changes in cars at Subaru have less to do with this partnership than with their desire to gain market share. The 5th gen Legacy/Outback is a perfect example. It's larger, softer, and blander, just what Americans want.

:lol: Talk about immaturity, lol; picking a fight because you're still butt hurt over getting embarrassed about your manual transmission comment. And now you're trying to justify your mistake by trying to find if I made one as dumb as yours. Smart move, for a CC.

How would I be embarrassed over saying I want a GT-R in manual? I mean honestly let's ask any car enthusiast on here would they rather drive a "super car" in paddle shift that automatically shifts by it self whether you use the paddles or not, the very same system that is found in regular consumer daily driver cars, or would they rather drive that same super car in manual, which takes skill, which is what puts the word sport in sports car? I'm entitled to my opinion on it, Im not alone on this opinion, hell both car and driver and auto trader test drive articles both said they would have preferred manual. And go ahead and quote my post and edit it with your own words, because thats what trolls do that dont have anything factual or intelligent to say.

You are out of your mind. For one thing, ever hear of the Hofmeister kink? Well Camry's never had it and that makes a big difference in how the Legacy looks. The front end of the Camry and Legacy also look nothing alike because of the much lower cowl and beltline on the Legacy. Character lines on the Legacy are much more defined and crisp compared to the marshmallow like Camry. Only someone who knows very little about cars would claim that a 4th gen looks like a Camry.

You also make too much out of the Toyota-FHI partnership. The changes in cars at Subaru have less to do with this partnership than with their desire to gain market share. The 5th gen Legacy/Outback is a perfect example. It's larger, softer, and blander, just what Americans want.

Okayy buddy. Whatever you want to say to make you feel better and "independent" of the mainstream car buyer....the Legacy and some of the Toyota Camry's are made in the same factory!!!! Right beside each other! You can't say the at least the rear ends of both cars don't look similar.

The Toyota Highlander and the Subaru Tribeca will be sharing the same platform and are looking to expand their partnership:

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/daily-news/110104-Toyota-Highlander-and-Subaru-Tribeca-to-Share-Platform/ (proof!)

And you have the Toyobaru RWD sports car...

And Subaru is to be sourcing hybrid components from Toyota:

http://www.hybridcars.com/news/subaru-plans-hybrid-car-2012-25822.html (more proof!)

More proof: http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2011/01/toyota-and-subaru-move-to-converge-products/

So, I don't think I'm making too much of the partnership. The Japanese believe in efficiency and the reduction of waste in manufacturing, so it makes sense that they are combining their efforts.

And the Juke is selling because it is the ONLY AWD vehicle sold in the US that is sub-$21k (ish), other than the Subaru Impreza, Legacy, and Forester. It is also the only AWD vehicle currently for sale that gets 30 mpg highway (other than the CVT Legacy). Why do you think the new Impreza will have the CVT and better mpg? For all you people complaining about the new looks of the MY12 Impreza, would you rather have it (or the 5th gen Legacy) or the Juke? Because that's what's available in the US market for that type of vehicle (AWD) with the sub $21-22k market.

And another thing to remember, you can always put lipstick on a pig (Murano CC) and get it to sell. How do you think US manufacturers make money?! Lol.

I think I know enough about the car market, thank you.

And the Hofmeister kink is a minimal design cue, which can be found on MANY cars.... Accord being one of them, and that is a "blander, softer" car...also the Mazda 6, Nissan Maxima, Altima, JUKE! lol.

PS- it's people like me that buy the new shit that you people scorn (initially, and eventually get used to) that keeps the doors at the Subaru dealerships and factories open...be nice to me.

PSS- I have a reservation on a MY12 Impreza 5-door and I have a MY11 Legacy, and I had a MY07 Impreza.

Cool story bro wanna tell it again?

Gladly!....

Okayy buddy. Whatever you want to say to make you feel better and "independent" of the mainstream car buyer....the Legacy and some of the Toyota Camry's are made in the same factory!!!! Right beside each other! You can't say the at least the rear ends of both cars don't look similar.

The Toyota Highlander and the Subaru Tribeca will be sharing the same platform and are looking to expand their partnership:

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...hare-Platform/ (proof!)

And you have the Toyobaru RWD sports car...

And Subaru is to be sourcing hybrid components from Toyota:

http://www.hybridcars.com/news/subar...012-25822.html (more proof!)

More proof: http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...erge-products/

So, I don't think I'm making too much of the partnership. The Japanese believe in efficiency and the reduction of waste in manufacturing, so it makes sense that they are combining their efforts.

And the Juke is selling because it is the ONLY AWD vehicle sold in the US that is sub-$21k (ish), other than the Subaru Impreza, Legacy, and Forester. It is also the only AWD vehicle currently for sale that gets 30 mpg highway (other than the CVT Legacy). Why do you think the new Impreza will have the CVT and better mpg? For all you people complaining about the new looks of the MY12 Impreza, would you rather have it (or the 5th gen Legacy) or the Juke? Because that's what's available in the US market for that type of vehicle (AWD) with the sub $21-22k market.

And another thing to remember, you can always put lipstick on a pig (Murano CC) and get it to sell. How do you think US manufacturers make money?! Lol.

I think I know enough about the car market, thank you.

And the Hofmeister kink is a minimal design cue, which can be found on MANY cars.... Accord being one of them, and that is a "blander, softer" car...also the Mazda 6, Nissan Maxima, Altima, JUKE! lol.

PS- it's people like me that buy the new shit that you people scorn (initially, and eventually get used to) that keeps the doors at the Subaru dealerships and factories open...be nice to me.

PSS- I have a reservation on a MY12 Impreza 5-door and I have a MY11 Legacy, and I had a MY07 Impreza.

I used to own 03 wrx, a 98LGT with an EJ22T swap, and now I own a 09 legacy as a DD and a supercharged 98 M3, does that mean I keep aftermarket companies open?I bought the legacy in 09 new congrats you must be the only one on this forum who buys a new car! You put too much emphasis on this toyota-Subaru collab car coming out, its been in the talks for over 3 years now its very unlikely to come out. Chrysler and Mercedes used to use the same parts in certain cars, the crossfire was nothing more than a sl series with a Chrysler body on it, but look at how that car did, and does that make the crossfire luxurious and elegant like a mercedes? No it was still a bland Chrysler.

http://www.cardata.com/spoilers/images/DN_Spoilers/2005_up_Subaru_Legacy.gif

http://www.hunterscustom.com/images/sj6117.jpg

Except the Legacy is a hell of a lot sharper looking, right down to the Hofmeister kink at the back doors. The thing looks more like something styled by BMW than Toyota.

I used to own 03 wrx, a 98LGT with an EJ22T swap, and now I own a 09 legacy as a DD and a supercharged 98 M3, does that mean I keep aftermarket companies open?I bought the legacy in 09 new congrats you must be the only one on this forum who buys a new car! You put too much emphasis on this toyota-Subaru collab car coming out, its been in the talks for over 3 years now its very unlikely to come out. Chrysler and Mercedes used to use the same parts in certain cars, the crossfire was nothing more than a sl series with a Chrysler body on it, but look at how that car did, and does that make the crossfire luxurious and elegant like a mercedes? No it was still a bland Chrysler.

Yes! It does mean you help keep the aftermarket companies open, and I'm glad you bought one new. It gives you credibility in this discussion! I agree with you that the Subaru version of the ft-86 project may not come out, but the Toyota version definitely will, and it's heavy on Subaru influence.

Chrysler will always be crap. Why do you think Merc got out of it? (IMHO, Merc's are crap too) Toyota is a different story. They have built quality cars for years that are reliable and hold their value. Subaru, despite the fact that I love them, is VERY slow to introduce new products to market and relies on aging tech (why is there still a 4 sp auto in the forester!), and it is just because they are a smaller company that doesn't make as many cars. Come on, how long have variants of the EJ engine been around?? Despite this, what they do make is of good quality. They need Toyota, however, to help them keep up in the marketplace.

In a macro sense of speaking, every company and industry in the world is in a state of consolidation, whether it's car companies, banking, retailers, etc. It has to do with the current state of the world economy and with ever increasing regulation (within the car industry, you have tightening emissions controls, minimum mpg requirements, mpg credits, etc.). Companies, like Toyota and Subaru are having to band together to make what the market and the regulatory environment are demanding at the moment. It is not just Subaru leadership deciding to take the company more mainstream to sell more cars. They are taking the brand more mainstream and more eco-friendly and "toyota-ish" so that they can sell more cars to keep the doors open (and also to be able to make those gas sucking WRX's and GT's).

If Toyota didn't have an ownership stake in Subaru, I wouldn't put much weight on the collaborations. Like the recent Ford/Toyota hybrid alliance being annouced...not gonna see too many Ford/Toyota cars running around, but this is also a sign of regulatory factors forcing competitors to collaborate.

And I know what you are going to say, all car companies have collaborated at certain points in the past. And yes, they have. Sometimes it has been because another company has taken an ownership interest (such as Daimler/Chrysler) or because each company thinks it will have something to gain from the collaboration. But the regulatory environment is forcing these companies to do this just to stay open, not only to compete.

Look at Aston Martin- did they ever think they would have to brand a tiny smart car just keep building their product? How does that affect their long-term viability? Why is Lambo owned by Audi? People scorn that relationship, just like they do Subaru/Toyota one. Get used to it.

Except the Legacy is a hell of a lot sharper looking, right down to the Hofmeister kink at the back doors. The thing looks more like something styled by BMW than Toyota.

Thank you! And, I agree with you that it looks better! I just can't understand someone not seeing some resemblance.

Archived