LegacyGT.com

The OFFICIAL 2012 Legacy Info Thread

LegGTLT

I'm getting close to 2,000 miles on my GT, and not one hint of a shimmy. (Which I did feel when I test drove a 2010 GT) People who get in the car still rave over how smooth it feels.

This is not always good. Last weekend I made a 9 hour drive to see my oldest daughter in college, and after 6 hours I got pulled doing 85 in a 65 zone. :eek: I had no idea I was speeding at the time.

-S'Cipio

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, Should i be the first to say it.

HOW MANY 2012's experience the vibration on the highway?

Also, what happaned to the H/K stereo in the premium, and did they get rid of the bluetooth speakers in the cubby area?

HK radio is still an option on the premiums, bluetooth is now standard on the premiums without needing the blueconnect add on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First impression: For the most part the steering feels the same as the '11s. And no shake from what I could tell. No brake pedal noise with the master cylinder like the '10s and '11s. No general 'clunking' in the suspension. In fact, the suspension felt firm and compliant. Much better than the too soft feeling over the past two model years. If SOA did indeed improve the suspension, then it possibly answers the need for a firmer, OE ride height spring and possibly better OE strut/shock that would likely fit our '10s and '11s.

I'm interested in other opinions on this as more people drive the '12s.

Saw a car in the "ice silver" yesterday - looks really nice - it's not as dark as the steel silver was, but it's darker than platinum silver or spark silver - it's probably half way between steel silver and the light silvers - looked really nice (saw it in the sun, and it didn't looked washed out/white the way the light silvers do)

First impression: For the most part the steering feels the same as the '11s. And no shake from what I could tell. No brake pedal noise with the master cylinder like the '10s and '11s. No general 'clunking' in the suspension. In fact, the suspension felt firm and compliant. Much better than the too soft feeling over the past two model years. If SOA did indeed improve the suspension, then it possibly answers the need for a firmer, OE ride height spring and possibly better OE strut/shock that would likely fit our '10s and '11s.

I'm interested in other opinions on this as more people drive the '12s.

I would venture to say Subaru may have changed the spring rate not the dampeners, like the 2009 wrx versusu 2008 wrx. I'll have to go test drive a 2012......

Why doesn't subaru just tell us exactly what has been changed?

The same reason why it's not always about what you can see but what you can't see. The same reason why car manufacturer's cover up their prototypes and testing of new model years.

They really have de-emphasized the GT in this brochure. Gas mileage is king right now. Also the rims are still, third year running, stated incorrectly. They're 18x7.5's.

Well - the center picture is still there, as is the picture of the LGT dash... I think the LGT is way lower volume than the 2.5i or 3.6R, so it makes sense it shouldn't really dominate the brochure.

They really have de-emphasized the GT in this brochure. Gas mileage is king right now. Also the rims are still, third year running, stated incorrectly. They're 18x7.5's.

Judging by the rims, isn't the Legacy on the cover a 2.5GT?

Does anyone know if the new LCD radio display in the non-Nav models is capable of being used as a monitor for the rear view camera?

The GT is a dying breed :( I wouldn't be surprised if they killed it for the 6th gen.

They already killed it, you seen the 5th gen? :confused:

:hide:

:lol:;)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Yes, but the average person interested in a Legacy won't get that detail.

I don't think the GT is the ideal fit for the average person. I see the 2.5i as the Legacy for the average person.

I don't think the GT is the ideal fit for the average person. I see the 2.5i as the Legacy for the average person.

This is true, especially since it's now only available with the 6-speed manual.

Most US drivers love their autoboxes, so the 2.5i and 3.6R autos sell well. Enthusiasts are a too-small segment of the general population.

I'm sincerely hoping that the increased sales to the general population will keep the specialty vehicles coming for people like us.

I am truly amazed that SOA has not axed the boat-edition GT after one year run.

And why is that? It outperforms the previous generation in most respects - and despite the fact that many people whine about it being huge, it's actually only marginally larger than the 09 it replaced - and it's weight gain is about par for the course as far as year to year changes go...

05 GT limited - 250hp/250 ft-lbs, 186.2" long, 68.1" wide, 3300 lbs

06 GT limited - 250hp/250 ft-lbs, 186.2" long, 68.1" wide, 3365 lbs

07 GT limited - 243hp/241 ft-lbs, 186.2" long, 68.1" wide, 3415 lbs

08 GT limited - 243hp/241 ft-lbs, 186.2" long, 68.1" wide, 3415 lbs

09 GT limited - 243hp/241 ft-lbs, 185" long, 68.1" wide, 3428 lbs

10 GT limited - 265hp/258 ft-lbs, 186.4" long, 71.7" wide, 3477 lbs

11 GT limited - 265hp/258 ft-lbs, 186.4" long, 71.7" wide, 3477 lbs

12 GT limited - 265hp/258 ft-lbs, 186.4" long, 71.7" wide, 3483 lbs

And why is that? It outperforms the previous generation in most respects - and despite the fact that many people whine about it being huge, it's actually only marginally larger than the 09 it replaced - and it's weight gain is about par for the course as far as year to year changes go...

05 GT limited - 250hp/250 ft-lbs, 186.2" long, 68.1" wide, 3300 lbs

06 GT limited - 250hp/250 ft-lbs, 186.2" long, 68.1" wide, 3365 lbs

07 GT limited - 243hp/241 ft-lbs, 186.2" long, 68.1" wide, 3415 lbs

08 GT limited - 243hp/241 ft-lbs, 186.2" long, 68.1" wide, 3415 lbs

09 GT limited - 243hp/241 ft-lbs, 185" long, 68.1" wide, 3428 lbs

10 GT limited - 265hp/258 ft-lbs, 186.4" long, 71.7" wide, 3477 lbs

11 GT limited - 265hp/258 ft-lbs, 186.4" long, 71.7" wide, 3477 lbs

12 GT limited - 265hp/258 ft-lbs, 186.4" long, 71.7" wide, 3483 lbs

You conveniently left out the height measurement :lol:

Let's call it "tall ship" if that makes one feel better ;)

Archived