LegacyGT.com

19MM Rear Sway Bar Install - Pics

Big improvement with the RSB. Not only with body roll but also smoothed rear-end response on uneven surfaces.

WRT RCE, I have zero concerns. RSB has been available for quite some time. If you're concerned about the springs, Myles has designed a spring set specific to this platform. He has been open about the process from the start. One member from Virginia has had RCE proto springs on for several months. His reported improvements, springs-only (no RSB/FSB) is a great read. Myles has not asked for any money, just reservations. Other vender's have asked for money but not delivered on group buys. RCE has minimized our risk to loss and has asked for nothing but an occasional test car.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Big improvement with the RSB. Not only with body roll but also smoothed rear-end response on uneven surfaces.

What about the side to side swinging at highway speeds, when it feels there is a cross wind taking control of the back, and yet not a leaf is moving.... :mad:

Any improvemente in that area with the RSBs? Thank you.

The 19mm RSB seems to help with vehicle stability at highway speeds as well. Now my car never exibited the swaying or shuttering that others have had, but it was a bit "nervous" at speed. With the bar installed my car is more stable and very nice to drive on the highway. I came from driving an Audi A6 2.7T with the factory Sports suspension. That car was totally at ease on the highway. Few cars can come close to that car on the highway.

I'm not saying that this RSB has made my 3.6R into my former Audi, but it is getting closer!

Now it needs springs. As for RCE and those springs, I'll wait to hear and see more people to install them on their cars. One car and one biased review is not enough for me. I can wait and see.

This is the longest thread about a sway bar I've ever seen.

It may be, but the car is relatively new. And as people buy it like myself, they find the thread and look for updated info. This is my third Legacy (had 97 and 06), just traded in my Mx5 Miata, and I find the rear swaying on the freeway quite annoying, this being a simple mod, not expensive, and easy to do becomes popular. I will install mine this weekend and add to the length of this thread! ;)

I do not take turns too fast anymore, just trying to improve the car's behavior on the freeway.... By the way, any other info/feedback on the subject??

What about the side to side swinging at highway speeds, when it feels there is a cross wind taking control of the back, and yet not a leaf is moving.... :mad:

I had the swaying problem when i first bought the legacy. It was a bit un-nerving to drive on the highway as it felt pretty unstable.

I put a 20mm whiteline non-adjustable sway bar on and it made a big improvement(definitely worth the money, and install is easy)

Then i bought some new tires and the car now feels incredibly stable on the highway.

It may be, but the car is relatively new. And as people buy it like myself, they find the thread and look for updated info. This is my third Legacy (had 97 and 06), just traded in my Mx5 Miata, and I find the rear swaying on the freeway quite annoying, this being a simple mod, not expensive, and easy to do becomes popular. I will install mine this weekend and add to the length of this thread! ;)

I do not take turns too fast anymore, just trying to improve the car's behavior on the freeway.... By the way, any other info/feedback on the subject??

cool story.

WRT RCE, I have zero concerns. RSB has been available for quite some time. If you're concerned about the springs, Myles has designed a spring set specific to this platform. He has been open about the process from the start. One member from Virginia has had RCE proto springs on for several months. His reported improvements, springs-only (no RSB/FSB) is a great read. Myles has not asked for any money, just reservations. Other vender's have asked for money but not delivered on group buys. RCE has minimized our risk to loss and has asked for nothing but an occasional test car.

^ +1, I agree!

In my experience, Myles is a straight up guy and very conscientious about the products RCE develops and contracts for production. I'm sure the wait will be worth the end result .... happy endings with no regrets. ;);):p

Conscientious

This is the longest thread about a sway bar I've ever seen.

Mine only went 7 pages :confused:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/rallitek-anti-roll-bar-installed-140543.html?t=140543

Still one of the best bang for the bucks mods. I would have went bigger if possible. (That's what she said). I can't get over-steer if I try.

And 'm lucky, I never had shimmy/swaying issues, although I know others, including a co-workers whos car I drove has.

With the 26mm up front you should be running a 21-22mm in the rear. I have the Rallitek 19mm rear sway with the Whiteline 24mm front sway and the car feels far more planted. Almost no body roll compared to the factory sways.

Never had side to side swinging before or after the RSB.

Just did the rear sway and love it. I went with the 22mm adjustable from whiteline. Here's a pichttp://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu226/ssbb110/imagejpeg_2_7.jpghttp://legacygt.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://s650.photobucket.com/albums/uu226/ssbb110/?action=view&current=imagejpeg_2_7.jpg%22%20target=%22_blank%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu226/ssbb110/imagejpeg_2_7.jpg%22%20border=%220%22%20alt=%22Photobucket%22%3E%3C/a%3E

Those stock endlinks now look frail! Interested in the adjustable setting you're driving with. I selected the lightest setting until I upgrade endlinks.

Just did the rear sway and love it. I went with the 22mm adjustable from whiteline. Here's a pic

http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu226/ssbb110/imagejpeg_2_7.jpghttp://legacygt.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://s650.photobucket.com/albums/uu226/ssbb110/?action=view&current=imagejpeg_2_7.jpg%22%20target=%22_blank%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu226/ssbb110/imagejpeg_2_7.jpg%22%20border=%220%22%20alt=%22Photobucket%22%3E%3C/a%3E

You guys mentioned it is a lot easier with the car on ramps...How much of a difference does it really make? I do all my work with a jack and stands, would it be worth buying ramps?

You guys mentioned it is a lot easier with the car on ramps...How much of a difference does it really make? I do all my work with a jack and stands, would it be worth buying ramps?

If you're tall/have any body mass it's tough to wiggle under there!

Do what I did, put a jack under the rear diff to raise the car 2/3 inches to get a little more room, without actually lifting the wheels off the ground.

I've always done these upgrades on jack stands. As long as the suspension on either side is even, the end links slide off just as easy.

i just installed the 22mm adjustable sway from whiteline. I was going to get the 20mm but got a great deal on it from coppertone! the stock endlinks definitely look frail but this bar comes with the support arms which helps takes some of the pressure off of the end links. I am on the medium setting as well and will be upgrading the end likes soon. didn't realize that new endlinks would run $125.

my bar is really close to the undercarriage where the spare tire sits. I am guessing this is b/c of the increased thickness of the new bar. are you guys sitting the same way? it looks like it in the picture above, but can't be positive b/c of the angle.

i just installed the 22mm adjustable sway from whiteline. I was going to get the 20mm but got a great deal on it from coppertone! the stock endlinks definitely look frail but this bar comes with the support arms which helps takes some of the pressure off of the end links. I am on the medium setting as well and will be upgrading the end likes soon. didn't realize that new endlinks would run $125.

my bar is really close to the undercarriage where the spare tire sits. I am guessing this is b/c of the increased thickness of the new bar. are you guys sitting the same way? it looks like it in the picture above, but can't be positive b/c of the angle.

Yours looks right to me but to confirm yourself check out the photo here.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/19mm-rear-sway-bar-install-pics-148945p4.html

thanks for the link nadracer. looks like mine! I am definitely going to recheck everything next weekend to make sure that nothing has come loose. definitely going with upgraded links soon!

hiyoooo 420 posts. wish i was home :(

Archived