LegacyGT.com

19MM Rear Sway Bar Install - Pics

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that bar is huge~

seiyafan ... don't be afraid :lol::lol: JK

Here are a couple old pictures (best I could find) of the KB endlinks. Notice how they are slightly canted away from the shocks, which is why there isn't any interference from the shocks.

If you compare the angles on the ends of the RCE RSB (from the picture in the above post) to other RSB's you'll probably notice that the ends point slightly toward the middle of the car, and not as much straight ahead, which I believe, is the root of the shock clearance fitment issues some are having.

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/BigBopper_01/LGT/P1010007JPG.jpg

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/BigBopper_01/LGT/P1010006JPG.jpg

Is that the RCE sway for 08+ WRX? I didn't realize they had a bar specifically for the LGT.

It's not on the RCE web site as a 2010 Legacy RSB, but it's been out for a long time.

Back in NOV 2009 Myles indicated the RSB was available. The 25.5mm is hollow and offers the same resistive as a 22mm solid, I think. Searching still and will post an update and reference, if found.

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs484.snc3/26504_328598869222_59572734222_3372805_3320287_n.jpg

Going back through this tread was interesting. Myles took interest in the 5th gen back in late summer/early fall of 2009 for engineered suspension components. A good "in the beginning" thread.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/gauging-interest-2010-legacy-springs-sway-bars-coilovers-and-struts-121814p8.html

I noticed quite a bit of shifting when making sharp turns at low speed (parking lots, etc.). I only noticed the noise after installing the sways so it had to be that. Had I kept the car any longer I probably would've bought the alloy locks. I'd spend $35 to eliminate the annoying noise.

• 3 weeks later...
Not what I meant Metal, I have those. I'd like to see the breakdown of parts# from the STI.

did you ever find this?? i'm starting a job at a Subaru dealership and i want to use my employee discount on some accessories :D

I noticed quite a bit of shifting when making sharp turns at low speed (parking lots, etc.). I only noticed the noise after installing the sways so it had to be that. Had I kept the car any longer I probably would've bought the alloy locks. I'd spend $35 to eliminate the annoying noise.

for those with a noise ... So it could cost a whole lot less than that. The 22mm Whiteline has a lateral lock integral to the RSB. But keep in mind the torqued value for the end links to the arm is important. Try increasing from around 36 ft/lb incrementally not to exceed 50. That may solve the noise if you added end links.

• 3 months later...

MMkay - all done with the install!

However, I had to remove the links because the 14mm bolt at the end of the swaybar just spun in its ball joint then I used a vice grip to stop the bolt from spinning. Also - managed to do it WITHOUT jacking up or ramping the car - it really wasn't too terrible and I'm not exactly skinny by any means.

I've got to say, after taking it for a lengthy test drive through 5 roundabouts and a few twisty roads this has got to be, hand down, the BEST mod for the money.

MMkay - all done with the install!

However, I had to remove the links because the 14mm bolt at the end of the swaybar just spun in its ball joint then I used a vice grip to stop the bolt from spinning. Also - managed to do it WITHOUT jacking up or ramping the car - it really wasn't too terrible and I'm not exactly skinny by any means.

I've got to say, after taking it for a lengthy test drive through 5 roundabouts and a few twisty roads this has got to be, hand down, the BEST mod for the money.

Which bar did you end up using?

ha - yeah, when i posted that i didn't realize the thread got so off topic.

19mm STI bar from Subaru Parts Online.

Did you have to order anything additional such as endlinks or such or did you just bolt up the bar?

For the time, use a hex key insted of the pliers to stop the spinning.

+1000 on best mod for $$s.

However, I had to remove the links because the 14mm bolt at the end of the swaybar just spun in its ball joint then I used a vice grip to stop the bolt from spinning.

• 2 months later...
I have the KB links, I've also installed them on lots of cars. Mine and others. For the legacy I don't think you'd notice a DD difference. It's more of a reliability thing especially if you auto-x or drive hard. I've seen the OEM types pull the ball out of the socket. Not with the legacy but with Foresters and Imprezas which use the same basic style.

Peaty,

2019 Imp Sport 5 Dr (Mine) 2013 Outback Premium (Wife's)

2010 Legacy 3.6R (Son), 2001 Forester S (other son)

1999 Miata (my summer ride)

Archived