LegacyGT.com

19MM Rear Sway Bar Install - Pics

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally purchased the 19mm RSB and bushings from the dealer. Online parts websites unfortunately don't ship to Canada but since the dollar is at par the difference was not that bad.

I had called 2 dealers and they both gave me the business unsure of whether the bar would fit the car and one service guy actually doubted it would make any difference.

So having driven for a couple of weeks with it, I can confirm that the car definitely handles way better on ramps decleration / acceleration. It feels more firmly planted on the ground without bouncing around as much when hitting any bumps.

Also same can be said driving in high winds or passing tractor trailers. Far less tendency of the car to sway left or right. Still some movement but now I feel safer driving in windy conditions.

By the way I had the my neighbourhood mechanic install it and good that I did. The car is over a year and a half old so the bolts for the end links were tricky to get off with the rust and all. In and out in 30 minutes for $50.

Also we noticed the exhaust system was showing a good amount of rust. His comment was that he seen it with many cars now that the OEM exhaust system (muffler and pipers) and much cheaper and not made from galvanized metal like they used to.

Bottom line is that anyone with this car should get the 19 mm RSB.

I've had my new 22mm Whiteline adjustable on the middle setting for a few weeks now, it's a big and noticible improvement. I've done plenty of fast highway miles 65-85 mph (in stiff wind too) and the car remains planted. It is not wandering and feels much better in quick lane changes and on curves (much more flat).

Gentlemen, for those of you who have done the swap for the STI bar, is there a difference in the "clamp" that goes around the mounting bushing, or can you re-use the same clamp from the '10? I found a used bar, with the bushings on it, but the seller doesn't have the brackets. He is selling for his "friend" and doesn't know where the clamps are....

Gentlemen, for those of you who have done the swap for the STI bar, is there a difference in the "clamp" that goes around the mounting bushing, or can you re-use the same clamp from the '10? I found a used bar, with the bushings on it, but the seller doesn't have the brackets. He is selling for his "friend" and doesn't know where the clamps are....

Check post #1. The walk through seems to indicate re-using the existing bracket.

• 2 weeks later...

Put the 19mm WRX/STI bar on last night. Much improved in the corners. Tail end doesn't want to float anymore. Stays planted. :)

Best of all it was pretty much free with $100 subie bucks ;)

I've got $100 in Subie bucks expiring next month. I'll probably pick one up as well from one of the online stores. The local dealer wanted $150

MRSP is @ $130 + tax. Yeah, $100 no line, no problem. Do it...:)

I've got $100 in Subie bucks expiring next month. I'll probably pick one up as well from one of the online stores. The local dealer wanted $150

Ask them to price match. My dealer matched Fred beans price on the group n trans mount.

Subie bucks? Where does one get subie bucks from? I could use some..... This is the first I've heard of this. Is it a US only thing?............

US only perhaps, dunno. Chase "Subaru" master card. 3% back on all purchases. Used towards parts, service or new car. ($100 vouchers)

Hey guys! Im trying to buy the 19mm RSB from my subaru dealer(to save the shipping cost), but i seem to only be confusing them... Which car is it for and what is the MODEL NUMBER? Ive already tried everything on this thread.

Interestingly enough, they said they don't know the diameter measurements on their computers. He even thought that the Legacy GT had a THICKER one than the outback...

I tried a second guy and it wasn't much better. However he did understand what i wanted, but recommended urethane bushings and bigger end links only. He said he's done that himself with good results.

any thoughts? I want the improved result which you guys have gotten but I'm a bit stuck haha

Hey guys! Im trying to buy the 19mm RSB from my subaru dealer(to save the shipping cost), but i seem to only be confusing them... Which car is it for and what is the MODEL NUMBER? Ive already tried everything on this thread.

Interestingly enough, they said they don't know the diameter measurements on their computers. He even thought that the Legacy GT had a THICKER one than the outback...

I tried a second guy and it wasn't much better. However he did understand what i wanted, but recommended urethane bushings and bigger end links only. He said he's done that himself with good results.

any thoughts? I want the improved result which you guys have gotten but I'm a bit stuck haha

Here's the part numbers from the link on the first page:

Part Number(s):

20451FG020

20464FG020 x2

Here's the part numbers from the link on the first page:

Part Number(s):

20451FG020

20464FG020 x2

Quoted from page 1......

haha thanks... well one guy said its for the impreza( i thought it was for the Outback) and the other said that that one is thinner than the one already on the LGT

What car is it for? (Outback or STi?)

Also: 20464FG020 x2 <---- what are these? I thought the bar would come with bushings and everything you needed...

Archived