LegacyGT.com

19MM Rear Sway Bar Install - Pics

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do these really make a difference??

Can't I just use the stock ones??

I'm running the 19mm RSB w/ stock endlinks. I'm fine with it. Although I do admit that they look kinda wimpy, but I'm not throwing the car hard in the corners all the time either.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll177/jmark42/c26e3892.jpg

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

I'm with MagicMarker on this one. I too am running the stock whimp links, but I'm not racing the car either. Maybe in a while I'll get them if I feel the need. But for now, the stock units work.

I installed the 19mm sway bar last night. I had trouble with the nuts on the end links and ended up taking the end links off attached to the old bar. It wasn't hard to do at all. Ended up using a pair of vice grips on the stud to keep it from spinning while i was taking the nut off

I installed the 19mm sway bar last night. I had trouble with the nuts on the end links and ended up taking the end links off attached to the old bar. It wasn't hard to do at all. Ended up using a pair of vice grips on the stud to keep it from spinning while i was taking the nut off

:lol:

I did the same thing (on the car) before I realized that there is a hex socket in the end link bolts to allow you to use a hex wrench to keep it from turning while you turn the nut. I saw that after I had everything back together.

Just installed my Whiteline RSB mount braces. Very easy install. I figured it wouldn't hurt to install these due to my occasional spirited turns. Not sure if I'll notice much difference. The stock endlinks might be next.... :)

Good point about reusing the OEM lower bolts,because the stock lock nuts loose their locking value after a couple r & r's.

KB should supply them in the package,but they don't.

Thanks!

Do u remember the size of those lock nuts and do I need to order them through Subaru??

i mounted an STI front strut bar. There was a difference to be felt. Steering snaps back to center faster, precise steering. But it also empahsized the soft back with some oversteering. Am waiting for some decent weather to install the 19mm. Hopefully this will fix up the back of the car..

So, I may be asking a stupid question, but I think I should ask before I install. I have both the 19mm sway bar and the kartboy end links. The links come with four spacers, two small and two large (looks like 5mm and 10 mm or so). From the pic's in this thread, I assume the go on the lower end of the links.

However, does it matter if the larger goes in the front or back? I'm assuming that it wouldn't make any sense to put both toward the front or the back of the car. Is there anyone that has installed them and can give some input.

Mark

So, I may be asking a stupid question, but I think I should ask before I install. I have both the 19mm sway bar and the kartboy end links. The links come with four spacers, two small and two large (looks like 5mm and 10 mm or so). From the pic's in this thread, I assume the go on the lower end of the links.

However, does it matter if the larger goes in the front or back? I'm assuming that it wouldn't make any sense to put both toward the front or the back of the car. Is there anyone that has installed them and can give some input.

Mark

They go on the bottom,the larger spacer towards the rear and the smaller spacer in front seems to keep the dogbone lower hole centered with the upper RSB hole.

when you guys tighten the nuts, do you go by the recommended torque spec or just make them tight? and why is loc-tite used on an adjustable rsb? won't that make the nut harder to remove in future?

I used the recommended torque specs:

30' lbs for the bushing brkts and 32.5' lbs. for the endlinks.

I installed mine this weekend and after a few days of driving: not too much difference at high-speeds like highway driving, but definitely a noticeable difference on turns (on and off ramps on highways).

Not as noticeable as I would have thought, but I righteous mod nonetheless..

could anyone recommend a tool that shows torque, i know nothing about them.

It's not an absolute that you use a torque wrench,but it does give you a bit of reassurance that the job was done correctly.

Here's an entry level beam type t/w,I prefer the click ratchet type.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00944690000P?sid=IDx20070921x00003a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=00944690000P

Another quick tip (not sure if posted before)

If you have a floor jack you can use it under the rear diff to jack the car up just a few inches with the suspension still under load, the tires still on the ground, etc - but it will give you a little more room to slide under there.

FWIW

how do the endlinks come with RSB kit (like this one: http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail.php?part_number=BSR49Z) perform? between stock and Kartboy

I am thinking of getting the 20mm adj. one so I can run 19 (softest setting) in winter and 20/21 in other three seasons.

I have the 22mm adjustable Whiteline RSB kit. Those two bars are not end links but the KBR15 rear brace support. Here's a picture of it installed for reference (its not the best pic but helps put the parts in perspective). The stock endlink is to the left of the shock (vertical as well) and the brace is to the left, connecting at sway bar brace bracket and the arm.

http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=812&pictureid=4359

Archived