LegacyGT.com

19MM Rear Sway Bar Install - Pics

I have the 22mm adjustable Whiteline RSB kit. Those two bars are not end links but the KBR15 rear brace support. Here's a picture of it installed for reference (its not the best pic but helps put the parts in perspective). The stock endlink is to the left of the shock (vertical as well) and the brace is to the left, connecting at sway bar brace bracket and the arm.

http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=812&pictureid=4359

What kind of mufflers are those?

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ic, so the KBR15 rear brace support is something else which adds to the performance.

The brace support strengthens the bracket where the RSB bushing bolts up to.

Those are Megan Racing axlebacks. They've gotten bit louder over the last 10k miles. Will be putting in the silencers tomorrow as a change.

I just installed mine. They are rubber.

How does it feel? It feels like there is 150LB of sand in the trunk, but without the bad effects of inertia or raw weight. I haven't had it on the highway yet.

I also got rubber floor mats and folding mirrors for my 2010. Well worth it.

installed mine this morning. Appreciably better but not drammatic. I thought the strut bar was a bit more drammatic. overall stability is better. Ran the machine to 105mph to try it out, better feel tho still not as squared like a Benz which had 22mm RSBs. But my teeth were falling out at each bump while I m still comfy in my Leggings.

Consider getting in the car and proceed directly to the twisties - the RSB improvements will be immediately understood. Highway on-ramp next. For the LGT, the rear has a much more controlled response to bumps in the pavement on the highway. Pre-RSB, the rear would react to the bumps with a little side-to-side. Also, put 200 lbs in the trunk, or several adults and drive around. The back end was sloppy and with sluggish response. After RSB, I don't notice this any more.

Ahh, If I was in your shoes, I 'd be quietly waiting to secure a RCE package - a matched set Springs (with upgrade to shocks), FSB and RSB.

For anyone with a 2011 LGT that is waiting for a COBB AP, or a 3.6R, I'd be all over that combo!

not planning lower the car anytime soon, the roads here during winter are bad. But we will see.

I can sympathize...

There are some serious 'tire swallowers' here in the Twin Cities.

I've been lucky so far, no flat tires or bent rims yet...

Installed mine today. Took me a little while struggling with negotiating the car out from under the car and then putting it back. Had trouble removing the endlinks and had to get back to this thread to read todd3.6's post about the hex at the end of the bolt. Good thing I did. Didn't notice a tremendous difference, but like musty_hustla said, it just emphasizes the need for better springs. Can't wait for RCE to deliver.

Everyone is waiting for RCE to come through. Soon, real soon... I think I might go a different direction. Loosing faith in RCE. So you don't feel any difference withe new bar in place? Maybe you didn't drive the snot out of the old bar before changing it out. ;)

Archived