LegacyGT.com

New BW EFR turbos coming soon through FR!!!!

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm thinking about the EFR 7064 :D

Sweet, here is that turbo's comp chart in lb/mins:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/littlebluegt/7064compmap.jpg

Give us all the details (I have to live through others, as I won't get an EFR turbo til my next car, which is at least 1 year or maybe 2 away):

-elevation

-gas you plan on using

-what intercooler

-how are you doing the intake

-what other mods

I'm really looking forward to seeing how these do in practice. The 7670 looks like it should have top-end power pretty similar to an ATP 3076, maybe a little more. The thing I'm most curious about is what RPM it hits 20psi. I get that right around 4000 in pulls on the street, and the hype says these turbos will get there sooner... but how much sooner?

Not that 20psi is really special, but 20psi @ 4000 is just a very common and easy-to-remember data point for 3076-sized turbos.

And of course, there's also the question of how Garrett's corresponding GTX turbos perform... interesting times ahead. :)

I'm really looking forward to seeing how these do in practice. The 7670 looks like it should have top-end power pretty similar to an ATP 3076, maybe a little more. The thing I'm most curious about is what RPM it hits 20psi. I get that right around 4000 in pulls on the street, and the hype says these turbos will get there sooner... but how much sooner?

Not that 20psi is really special, but 20psi @ 4000 is just a very common and easy-to-remember data point for 3076-sized turbos.

And of course, there's also the question of how Garrett's corresponding GTX turbos perform... interesting times ahead. :)

What I want to see is the difference in hitting 20 psi in the lower gears, that is where the lower mass should really come into play.

What rpm does your 3076 see 20 psi in 2nd gear?

What I want to see is the difference in hitting 20 psi in the lower gears, that is where the lower mass should really come into play.

What rpm does your 3076 see 20 psi in 2nd gear?

Guys I like the "20psi in 2nd" number too... since everyone runs different peaks it's nice to have a standard for comparision and glad I'm not the only one who is concerned with boost in 1st-2nd. For reference, my BNR68 hits 20psi in 2nd by 3900rpms and 1st by 5300rpms.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

-elevation

-gas you plan on using

-what intercooler

-how are you doing the intake

-what other mods

7670, huh? I'll look into that one, too. I'm looking to hit about 400 whp with an excellent powerband.

-elevation: 4200+

-gas you plan on using: E85

-what intercooler: Cobb

-how are you doing the intake: custom

-what other mods: 1000cc top feed injectors, tgv deletes, fp, and all the regular goodies.

7670, huh? I'll look into that one, too. I'm looking to hit about 400 whp with an excellent powerband.

-elevation: 4200+

-gas you plan on using: E85

-what intercooler: Cobb

-how are you doing the intake: custom

-what other mods: 1000cc top feed injectors, tgv deletes, fp, and all the regular goodies.

what are you doing for fuel pumps? You'll need at least dual pumps.

Wow I'm really interested to see the boost threshold on that 7670

E85 needs a lot of fuel, even at altitude.

A single walbro was cutting it too close on my friends 400 whp E85 STI. He has 2 in-line pumps with an intank pump with a surge tank now. Plenty of flow for future goals down the road and a nice margin of safety.

7064 at sea level should be enough for 400 whp on E85.

If you are talking about an accurate airboy (with accurate tire measurements) at 400 whp, or a low reading Mustang (not COBB, not EFI, not Surgeline, but like old PDX) then I do think that you will need more then a 255 pump.

300 lph pump should work (I have yet to see a review on the new DW one), but I wonder how the 1000 cc injectors will work? I think you may run out there too, and might need to up the fuel pressure a bit.

Sounds good to me!:)

I'm working with Cobb's tuner at the moment and he says we should be good to go, so we'll see. It's still a couple months out, but I'll probably start a new thread on the build. We'll be tuning on a Mustang dyno. Anybody else going EFR yet?

Just ordered a 7064 through Full-Race. These guys are bad ass... Way nice and very knowledgable. They make downpipes to fit this setup and they are all made to order.

Chances are good that you'll be the first LGT to test fitment of their kits. Thanks for being the pioneer. :)

Archived