LegacyGT.com

New BW EFR turbos coming soon through FR!!!!

Where do you see prices? All I see is a really pretty chart that shows the 7670:wub:

There are prices on that diesel site, but people are saying those prices aren't actual, or won't be what FR charges. FWIW.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
please dont make me whip out the the plethora of Fast and the Furious quotes, I can do it all day

Your only allowed to do it if we can turn it into a drinking game... And seeing as I'm at work, and without a bottle of liquor... I'd say we'll have to hold off for a while. :(

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Some pics, now we can see how the IWG works:

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh193/RPM-2/SEMA%20Las%20Vegas%202010/DSCF3270.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh193/RPM-2/SEMA%20Las%20Vegas%202010/DSCF3271.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh193/RPM-2/SEMA%20Las%20Vegas%202010/DSCF3272.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh193/RPM-2/SEMA%20Las%20Vegas%202010/DSCF3273.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh193/RPM-2/SEMA%20Las%20Vegas%202010/DSCF3275.jpg

I think (but really don't know, say 80% sure) the 6258 and the 6758.

The 6758 is what has my interest, the pressure should work pretty good for a 2.5 liter (although it can truthfully be said that these turbos will be better maximized with 2.0 liters and the higher boost and higher pr they will see).

Should be a good solid 47-48 lbs/min of airflow, 350 whp on pump and 400 whp on alky set-up that hopefully has about the same response as a stock turbo.

The two smaller ones are the ones to be used for stock location. The things is "stock location" should be qualified:

Stock inlet location, they are working on an UP and DP that will work, but stock turbo inlet should work fine, and stock STI style TMIC or many FMIC will work.

The 6258 should see 15 psi by about 2500 rpm or so is the hopes, with near NA quality response.

Geoff seems to think the 7670 will be the real Subaru Ticket for 2.5 liters (in TS 0.92 a/r IWG guise):

http://www.full-race.com/store/images/full/borgwarner-efr-7670-turbo-content-1.jpg

Work is in progress, hope it isn't too many months longer til we see some up and running.

littleblueGT - thanks for keeping everyone here updated - you definitely have a solid understanding of the EFR's.

EFR turbos fit "stock location" subarus in 6258 and 6758 sizes, using the "A" compressor housing. Between those, the 6258 will be an outstanding performer for the sub 420whp range and stock cams. For a little bit more power the 6758 is capable of increased compressor flow and should have a similar boost threshold.

of course I'm a diehard twinscroll fan, so with the ability to have twinscroll and true divided internal wastegate i think the 7670 .92 a/r is the ticket... if I was building myself a subaru thats the setup i'd have on it.

ill try and repost the comp maps in lb/min tonite, got a ton of work to do first

EFR turbos fit "stock location" subarus in 6258 and 6758 sizes, using the "A" compressor housing. Between those, the 6258 will be an outstanding performer for the sub 420whp range and stock cams. For a little bit more power the 6758 is capable of increased compressor flow and should have a similar boost threshold.

420 whp on a dyno-jet with E85 or race gas, OK.

I look at the 6258 as 20G power, with hopefully better then VF40 response.

As per our conversation today, I hope to help people understand the difference between boost threshold and response. They are related, but are not the same thing, here goes my illustration:

Bentley weighs 5000 lbs but goes 200 mph vs a 911 that weighs 3300 lbs and only goes 190 mph. (approximately)

Bentley is faster, right? Sure it is, but it takes 4.5 secs to go from 0-60 and the 911 turbo takes 2.8. Why? weight has a lot to do with it.

When we do a dyno or road log in 3rd or 4th gear, we are seeing what the boost threshold is, pretty much regardless of how much time it takes to spin the turbo up to speed. This is like top speed of a car, the Bentley will go pretty damn fast, but below 100 mph the 911 Turbo will rape it.

A lower gear run will help to show the difference better. A turbo that is capable of the same boost threshold (in a higher gear when time is of little importance, and just airflow is) will get up to speed much quicker if it has a substantially lighter rotating assembly. This is why the 911 has a much better 0-60 time, it weighs less.

irregardless

Without-Without-Regard (not to grammar nazi but that one has always bothered me)

Response is more... 4000 rpm light throttle to punch it which ones comes up faster

Boost threshold is Punch it and wait for rpms to climb till boost comes on.

Response is rotational more interial based & less aero (but still based on both)

Threshold is more areo and less inertial

I hope you agree.

irregardless

Without-Without-Regard (not to grammar nazi but that one has always bothered me)

Response is more... 4000 rpm light throttle to punch it which ones comes up faster

Response is rotational more interial based & less aero (but still based on both)

I hope you agree.

Sorry, fixed

yes, yes, and yes.:)

irregardless

I hope you agree.

And the grammar Nazi part is kind of funny, since 'irregardless' isn't a word...

Regardless, good points.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Like every new thing, sometimes time is of the essence. I would love this stuff to be available today, but it is not. Hopefully soon, but sometimes there are delays.

I am planning this for my next build, which may be a 2012 STI.

Archived