LegacyGT.com

Second Gen. Aftermarket Parts and Upgrade Guide (Superceded)

Baddog,

I thought so too, but in this post:

made me change my mind. I goofed.

No i was wrong sorry guys zues is right its

wrx rear strut bar

97-01 front 2.5rs strut bar

and for the front strut bars look for one with a low profiles not made for the intercoolers as those goes up too high and you cant close the hood

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im finishing up my diy so that you guys too can run wrx rsb with some modifications

gains

-cheaper sway bars(as finding a used one is cheap)

-wider variety(sizes, brands, adjustablilty)

-selling price is more widely acceptable(now you can sell it to the wrx guys, other lego guys, if you decide to turn back to stock

losses

-you have to hit your car(i cried when i did it)

-dirt in eye (mainly crying because dirt in my eye)

Once Im done writing it and putting in the pictures ill post it.

I have a quick question, will the bumper from a 99 outback fit on a 95 sedan? I know that you can do that with older ones, but I am under the impression that second gen stops at 98.

99 will work as long as its a 2nd gen which is really 95-99.

Those are essentially KYB AGXes. The 1993 - 1998(?) Impreza versions fit the BD/BG (2nd Gens) Legacys. I'll see if I can't find the exact p/n. And you can buy them new for just a bit more.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Follow-up: the 1993-2001 Impreza AWD AGXes will fit the BD/BG Legacys.

Part Numbers are

• Front: 734006, 734007
  • Rear: 733010, 733011

Specific numbers are for Left and Right fitments

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Hello folks, I have a 99 legacy L 30th ed. with the 2.2 engine. It's gonna need a clutch soon and I'm thinking about getting a lightened flywheel too. I have read that you can use a 2.5 subaru's flywheel if you use the clutch disc and pressure plate for that application (ie a whole kit like this). Is this true or the stupidest f&*%ing thing you have ever heard? I hope this hasn't been beaten to death but I have been searching for info on this and am only coming up with bits and pieces of info. Thanks for your time.

Hello folks, I have a 99 legacy L 30th ed. with the 2.2 engine. It's gonna need a clutch soon and I'm thinking about getting a lightened flywheel too. I have read that you can use a 2.5 subaru's flywheel if you use the clutch disc and pressure plate for that application (ie a whole kit like this). Is this true or the stupidest f&*%ing thing you have ever heard? I hope this hasn't been beaten to death but I have been searching for info on this and am only coming up with bits and pieces of info. Thanks for your time.

I think it will work. But go with a good clutch, like exedy, you will thank me later

I have a feeling my cats are going. When I pull a hill I smell sulfur. It's a pretty damn strong smell too.

I have heard things about people removing their first cat because it doesn't do all that much and just putting in a new piece of pipe and getting a High Flow Cat for the 2nd cat.

Anyone?