LegacyGT.com

Opinions stg3 on build

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it possible that a faulty ECU could also cause these issues? I can get another one for cheap, but want to know if replacing the ECU is a viable option.

If your car has an immobilizer you would probably have to have the dealer install the ecu for it to work. :eek:

:lol: i started tuning and i desintegrated cyl 2 spark plug. looks like i'll be revealuating my process'

Psssh.. You don't need spark plugs :rolleyes:

My logging has become less problematic. I can now log 1-3 consecutive pulls before RR starts cutting out.

My replacement ECU has been shipped, but I'm not sure if I'll need it anymore. I might just try it for giggles and shits.

haha! im not sure why i didnt pick up on my manifold pressure parameter reading 0.15 for 3 pulls in a row. didnt think anything of it, then i scaled my maf with that hose popped off, mind = embarassed. weird thing was, wideband afr's during the fateful pull were 11 even....so not sure if it was the tune during that pull or the plugs were going to fail anyway. the plug doesnt have any gap left, so im assuming the plug arm got too hot and bent towards the electrode.... not sure how that would happe with an afr of 11.0

my logs were knockless however. i was doing a log during that pull and everything looked perfect log-wise. perhaps the plugs were done-for from the start even though they had 10k miles on them

Psssh.. You don't need spark plugs :rolleyes:

My logging has become less problematic. I can now log 1-3 consecutive pulls before RR starts cutting out.

My replacement ECU has been shipped, but I'm not sure if I'll need it anymore. I might just try it for giggles and shits.

Any idea what fixed (or almost fixed) the logging issue?

I was able to somewhat reliably log after I added 5 (yes, 5) ferrite chokes to my USB cable and a 0.1μF (ceramic) capacitor between OBD pin5 and pin7.

I went through EVERYTHING and still couldn't come up with a plausible reason why this is happening to me. I tried logging with a Tactrix 1.3 cable, but still have the same issue of RR cutting out. Most people I talked to said they have way more issues with the 2.0 cable than the 1.3, so I figured if I can log with the 1.3, I can deal with switching to the 2.0 for flashing maps. I'm hoping to be able to use the SSM this week to swap ECUs, so I'll update how that goes, as long as work doesn't get in my way.

That said, how would I tune for speed density with the stock ECU? How do I add that? And LC and FFS?

So guess who is now officially tuned on pump 93 with close to maxed out ID1000's at 23 psi????

THIS GUY!!!

Now I have to figure out how I want to go about my fueling for E85.

I'm debating on dual in tank pumps or a surge tank.

I love this car.